Menu

New name...

WildflowerMom

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

I deleted my old acct!   My ds moved out and our computers are switched around, so for privacy reasons, I just deleted...  I need to be more careful anyway about everything I divulge.  I tend to be an open book. 😱😆  

Anywho, it's me (look at my siggy!)   🙋🏻‍♀️

How does someone see these mythical siggies?  

• Like 4

I like that you put who you used to be in your signature, although I would also understand not doing it if you are trying to be more private.   

I wish more people who came back with new names due to problems with the forum login/passwords would do something similar.  It's disorienting to have someone who appears to be completely new commenting (and sometimes arguing with people) like a long-time poster.   A quick note in the siggie or even the line under user name (forget what that's called, status maybe?) would be helpful.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I like that you put who you used to be in your signature, although I would also understand not doing it if you are trying to be more private.   

I wish more people who came back with new names due to problems with the forum login/passwords would do something similar.  It's disorienting to have someone who appears to be completely new commenting (and sometimes arguing with people) like a long-time poster.   A quick note in the siggie or even the line under user name (forget what that's called, status maybe?) would be helpful.   

No kidding.  I saw that just today. 

2 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Can someone who can see signatures either post directions on how to see them or send me a PM so I know who this is?

I've been yelled at before for not knowing things that are in a siggie, but I don't even know what they are or where I'd look to read one. 

On my phone I don't see siggys unless I turn it sidewise.  I think they always show on a pc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

That I would notice.

Nope, I can't see them. 

If you go to Account Settings, pick "signature" from the list on the left and see if you have them turned on. You'll see "View signatures?" with an option to turn them off or on.

Edited by IfIOnly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

If you go to Account Settings, pick "signature" from the list on the left and see if you have them turned on. You'll see "View signatures?" with an option to turn them off or on.

I did that and still can't see them. 

Edit:  ooops...didn't "save" my change.  Now I can see them.   Thank you for sharing how to do this,

Edited by Ditto
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I figured it would be confusing if I didn’t and I’d have to keep clarifying who I was.  Simpler for everyone.  I won’t leave it up for too long, just hopefully long enough.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Well, sometimes people leave under duress due to the way a post shaped up. So then, I can understand the purpose of coming on as if they are a new member, with no reference to their former ID. It doesn’t seem like it ever works, though, due to a recognizable style and/or content hints. Pretty soon, we’re saying, “Hey, I remember that poster who was always arguing that the earth is flat...and she described her hairstyle as “an Airdale Terrier’s bad hair day,” and so is this new poster...” 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

My ds moved out and our computers are switched around, so for privacy reasons, I just deleted...  I need to be more careful anyway about everything I divulge.

So I am kind of naïve here with computers. Could you tell me how someone else can see your info on this site if you have signed out (rather than deleting your account?).  If you can share with others how to keep us all safer online, I would appreciate that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ***** said:

So I am kind of naïve here with computers. Could you tell me how someone else can see your info on this site if you have signed out (rather than deleting your account?).  If you can share with others how to keep us all safer online, I would appreciate that!

I have no clue.  😆  I, also, am naive with computers.  I just know that our laptop that I used some is going back and forth between houses and wanted to be on the safe side.   This is the only site that I get lax about privacy because I’ve been around so long and it is so familiar to me, so I thought I’d just delete and start over, just in case.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wathe said:

Welcome to the brown W club @WildflowerMom 🙂

Legitimately the main reason I love my UN. I only know one other regular poster with a pink Q: Queen Cat. 

Sometimes I see something Queen Cat posted and at first I think, “I don’t remember answering that...” 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homeschool Mom in AZ said:

I've set and saved it with the stupid button switched each way for view signatures and they still don't show up.

They don't on mine (eta on my phone) either. I went over to my Kindle to check it out. I can see them there.

I never really use  a computer for this site. Mostly that's not an issue, but once in a while it's clear that the computer would be better.

Edited by Innisfree