Menu

To vaccine or not to vaccine

sheryl

58 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

In our house, I reacted more strongly, my dh maybe a bit more strongly than to a flu vaccine, and my 66 yr old Dad and my 21 yr old son both reacted much less to this than they do to a flu vaccine. Oh, and my 69 yr old mom and 42 yr old sister had no real reaction and don't react to the flu shot either. So, go figure?

I don't think any of us have ever reacted to a flu vaccine.  Ds(20) and my mom(73) had almost no reaction to their covid vaccines and neither of them had symptoms that lasted into the next day. Dh only had the first shot so we'll see how he does on the second round.  Dd 24 and me had SO MANY symptoms.  I took it so personally! It was an annoying couple of days for both of us, but we're done now, so no regrets.  I did enjoy giving the V-safe app a piece of my mind each day.  Now that I have no symptoms, the check-in is boring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

In our house, I reacted more strongly, my dh maybe a bit more strongly than to a flu vaccine, and my 66 yr old Dad and my 21 yr old son both reacted much less to this than they do to a flu vaccine. Oh, and my 69 yr old mom and 42 yr old sister had no real reaction and don't react to the flu shot either. So, go figure?

The whole reactions thing is super interesting to me -- for example, as I said above I get cold sores what feels like way too often, sometimes feels like first sign of a cold (there are things I do to make it less often like take lysine semi-regularly -- but then after a while of not getting one, I forget and then next cold symptoms - blammo! ) which would imply immune systems is working strong -- BUT I don't usually react to vaccines at all other than a sore arm. The flu vaccine for example, has never caused reaction.   I did have a tired feeling from 1st Pfizer -- not sick feeling at all, just like I could go in and go to sleep in about 2 seconds (which I just powered through, sad to say).   Anyway -- it just makes me feel like all the fuss about reactions to shot showing you already have immunity (or others) is just another internet story basically. Although I suppose that also just shows how easy it is to let your own reaction define your response to others. 

• Like 1

Wow, shortly after I posted this my laptop went down so we were on the hunt to find/buy one.  DH and I bought this new laptop last night.  I'll read the other replies but I had no idea this thread was this long.