Menu

If you are the praying type

DawnM

7 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I am SO sorry. Where is the guardian ad litem in all of this?

I have had very little contact with him.  I talked to him this past week and he said unless we can prove the child is having extreme adverse reactions, we have to continue the calls.

• Sad 4

11 hours ago, DawnM said:

No one will get involved.   I asked the therapist he has and she said she isn't allowed to get involved in legal matters.   None of them want to show up to court, etc...

This was my experience with the system. No one will stand up for the child. NO ONE. Even those who are compassionate for the child will not make waves for the child. 

The child welfare system enables bullies and functions in large part as an employment machine. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 3/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, Ottakee said:

Can you request no contact?  We had visits stopped when the termination petition was filed.

I'm not sure where DawnM lives but in many states visits are required to continue until TPR is finalized, and even then there is a goodbye visit.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

I'm not sure where DawnM lives but in many states visits are required to continue until TPR is finalized, and even then there is a goodbye visit.

And on the face of this process I can see how that makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is the amount of time it takes to terminate parental rights.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

And on the face of this process I can see how that makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is the amount of time it takes to terminate parental rights.  

It can be absolutely ridiculous. I feel for DawnM. Those were some of the most trying and emotionally difficult times of my life.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

It can be absolutely ridiculous. I feel for DawnM. Those were some of the most trying and emotionally difficult times of my life.

Yes, same here.

I have no words of wisdom, just well wishes.  It’s such a difficult period.

• Like 1

thanks guys.   It just seems so illogical.   All of it.  The child has been out of the mother's home for over 2 years of his 3.5 years of life.   And yet, she is still given yet another copy of her safety plan that she makes no attempt to even try to follow.

• Sad 2