Menu

If you are the praying type

DawnM

can you please pray for me?   My anxiety is through the roof right now.   I am making careless mistakes at work, very angry at someone I thought I could trust who has betrayed my trust, and just need court to be over and for the judgement to be in favor of this child.   

I am having to take something to help me sleep right now, and am struggling to do much more than drive through meals and no housekeeping, although I have told the boys I will pay them to clean and I hope they will take me up on some of it.

The child is not the stress nor is my dad moving in, it really isn't.   It is court, threats from the birthmom that no one seems to take seriously or care about, and my own stupidity for believing people say what they actually mean.

This is not good.

• Like 5
  • Sad 41

Will definitely pray for you. When my anxiety was thru the roof dealing w dh’s sister, Xanax truly made a huge difference. It was a tiny dose and all it did was take the edge off. I was able to function way better- no mistakes and no anger, but I was still able to fully focus on advocating and getting things done. It was amazing stuff. Haven’t needed it even once after that situation was resolved. Not saying you need something, but do know that for some folks it makes a huge difference. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Will definitely pray for you. When my anxiety was thru the roof dealing w dh’s sister, Xanax truly made a huge difference. It was a tiny dose and all it did was take the edge off. I was able to function way better- no mistakes and no anger, but I was still able to fully focus on advocating and getting things done. It was amazing stuff. Haven’t needed it even once after that situation was resolved. Not saying you need something, but do know that for some folks it makes a huge difference. 

Agree completely on the small dose of Xanax. 

I have had to rely on it at different times of  crisis in my adult life when my just ' normal' anxiety went off the charts. The small dose helped me to feel more calm, sleep better, and I could think more clearly without feeling completely overwhelmed. It also minimized the physical symptoms I was experiencing that resulted from the anxiety. 

• Like 2

And.....I found out that this Tuesday's court is NOT the end.   This is just another stepping stone.   It is a hearing and after that they will set a trial date, which could be 3-6 months out.

6 more months of what I thought was over, specifically phone calls that stress all of us out.

• Sad 15

2 hours ago, DawnM said:

And.....I found out that this Tuesday's court is NOT the end.   This is just another stepping stone.   It is a hearing and after that they will set a trial date, which could be 3-6 months out.

6 more months of what I thought was over, specifically phone calls that stress all of us out.

Can you request no contact?  We had visits stopped when the termination petition was filed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Can you request no contact?  We had visits stopped when the termination petition was filed.

Agree. Death threats are a reason to request protections for this child and for you. A friend of mine did get a step down in visits once termination trial set--they went from weekly to monthly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

Many hugs to you!

And a question: If someone is making threats, that should be illegal--would a restraining order outweigh a custody ruling?

Nope.   I am told it is darn near impossible to get a restraining order served to her in another state.   If she isn't served, it is not valid.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Can a child psychologist strongly recommend a temporary  halt to contact. 

No one will get involved.   I asked the therapist he has and she said she isn't allowed to get involved in legal matters.   None of them want to show up to court, etc...

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Have you sent it directly to the judge?

It was in the court documents sent to her.   She said that unless I can prove he is suffering some extreme damage from the calls, they have to continue.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

that is so disappointing. 

it adds so much distress when nobody will stand up for you 

I am told it is very hard to find any therapists who will get involved unless you pay someone privately.

• Sad 1