Menu

cat question . . . .

gardenmom5

does he like this bed because it's different from the ones I've purchased for him (two of which I returned, and one that I wish I could return) - or because it belongs to the dogs?  he was on it within 20 minutes of me putting it on the floor.   

20210322_141326.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

It is probably because it is supposed to be for the dogs. Cats like to be contrarian.

But, each one likes something different. We have a variety & some like them & some have a favorite & some eschew them all.

All our cats like the hammocks.  We have one in beige & one in grey (for 3 cats - who take turns sleeping in them).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G3JK26B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_71FAPYVQRZNCSAH9GCB2

• Like 2

Cats toy with us. We are at their mercy.

I bought a new, bigger bed for my two cats because they were outgrowing their original bed. They go to great lengths to avoid the new bed at all costs. It's like that game "the floor is lava" only the bed is lava. They will jump over it ... push it aside ..... anything not to use it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

What were the others like? Might location also be a factor?

I see that this one is big and fluffy and similar to kitty in color.

not location.

the others were supposed to be "self-warming".  the one I wish I could return is like a cave, and he used it when he was super tiny.

He used to sleep in the hammocks on the cat trees - now he seldom does.  

I bought him a new crate (so he's not objecting to sides, and three sides are see-through mesh) - and he'll sleep in it. . . .    (it's also useful when he doesn't want to come inside - I put it out, and he'll come jump in it.  the first day the dogs were here - he'd come to the door, see them, and bolt.

I also will put down a fleece blanket, and he'll sleep on those wherever he finds them.  I have one folded in the living room - but they get dumped in piles in the theater and he doesnt' care.  I have a fleece blanket folded up on the massage chair - and he likes that.  and if someone is doing a massage - he'll jump up, and settle in.  he'll even purr . .  (he's not been a big purrer.)

all three, lined up in a row.  the cat on the dog bed.

2021-03-22 23.27.14.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

it won't be here next week.  the dogs are just visiting.

I recommend a regular rotation of amazon boxes.  😹  Our cats do like fleece blankets pretty consistently, but it depends where they are used.  I've never had luck with cat beds. 

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I recommend a regular rotation of amazon boxes.  😹  Our cats do like fleece blankets pretty consistently, but it depends where they are used.  I've never had luck with cat beds. 

Or baskets of clean laundry. Preferably in a color that contrasts with their fur. I may be rewashing some of DH's dark laundry right now due to a pile of light grey cat fur on it. Of course, my fault for leaving a basket of soft, warm clothes near a sunny window, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2