Menu

I missed a window: UPDATED, I’m scheduled!

Ginevra

I got an email from my bre*st cancer surgery center, with a link for getting the COVID vax. But I didn’t see it earlier and it was only appointment slots for today, several hours ago. I was able to make an appointment for a time that already passed, on the hopes that this will mean tommorow? Or sometime soon I can click the “reschedule” button and get vaxxed one day very soon. But I have no idea if it will go like that or if I just missed my chance for several more weeks. (My tier is not officially open, but I guess the cancer center has vaccines for any current or prior patients who want it.)

Cross your fingers/say a prayer that I didn’t just miss my chance and will be able to reschedule tommorow or Thursday. 

UPDATE: I’m on for today!

Edited by Quill
  • Like 11
  • Sad 9

Oh no! What a horrible feeling! I do hope somehow it still works out. 

But really, just about every single friend I have in your state has now had their first shot. I think the vaccine is getting easier to come by there, so I think you’ll be able to get one soon.

• Like 1

I missed it guys. I cannot use the link again. I am SO mad with myself for not noticing that email in a timely manner. I registered through Maryland Pre-register, so hopefully, it will pop something up soon. 

• Sad 2

Fingers crossed, and keep looking out!
The first link my doctor’s practice sent expired (ran out of appointments). I had ignored it because I didn’t feel like I should be priority. When the next link came, I had decided, based on lots of things I had read, that I wouldn’t skip my determined group. I got my appointment and my shot.  I would assume they’ll send you a new one as soon as they have more appointments. And you can still search elsewhere.

• Like 2

• Ginevra changed the title to I missed a window: UPDATED, I’m scheduled!
2 hours ago, Quill said:

UPDATE: I called the hospital and they did schedule me! I’m going today at 4:20! Moderna, first shot! Woohoo!

That is amazing!  So happy for you.  Dh got his second shot last Thursday. Dss19 and I get our second shot next Tuesday.  Actually pretty much everyone I know has at least had their first shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

That is amazing!  So happy for you.  Dh got his second shot last Thursday. Dss19 and I get our second shot next Tuesday.  Actually pretty much everyone I know has at least had their first shot.

Have you, Scarlett?