Menu

I heard it's National Puppy Day.

SKL

1 hour ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I'll have to get a picture of mine later.  He's at the vet getting neutered.  Not a great way to celebrating being a puppy.

But your puppy is adorable, what kind is it?

He is a German Shepherd Dog.

Good luck with yours.  I am not looking forward to the neutering ....

Aw, he's adorable @SKL. As are all of the pups in this thread. 

I think we're done with puppies. If we ever get another dog we'll get a young one, maybe 1 to 1-12 year old, but I don't want to go through house training anymore. For now we're enjoying the two puppies two of our neighbors have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kebo said:

Yes, from working lines.  He won't win any shows, but we think he's a cutie. 

Aww, I don’t know anything about winning shows, but I think he is gorgeous.  My friends have a senior Aussie...just got a new pup a year ago....the pups personality is completely differ from the senior..,.the senior mellow and mild...the pup completely  wild.  And I don’t mean a senior vs  pup....just completely different personalities.  

It is funny because new pup Aussie is very much like my new pup German shorthair Pointer mix.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Very cute! What kind of dog? 

The rescue group said chihuahua/terrier.  If it wasn't for him being completely black,  I would have said he was a rat terrier or jack russell. But he's 12 pounds and the vet says he probably close to full size so that's pretty big for a chihuahua.

Edited by cjzimmer1

4 minutes ago, cjzimmer1 said:

The rescue group said chihuahua/terrier.  If it wasn't for him being completely black,  I would have said he was a rat terrier or jack russell. But he's 12 pounds and the vet says he probably close to full size so that's pretty big for a chihuahua.

Oh he looked bigger in this picture!   Is he a yapper?

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Such a sweet face.what breed do you think?  

Rhodesian Ridgeback + a few other things 😉  He doesn't have the obvious traditional ridge, but when he's excited, it stands up pretty clearly. He was rescued from 2000 miles across the country, after much talking with the foster mom, and has been a PERFECT fit for our family. For him and for ALL of us. He's been here 2 months. ❤️ 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Aww, I don’t know anything about winning shows, but I think he is gorgeous.  My friends have a senior Aussie...just got a new pup a year ago....the pups personality is completely differ from the senior..,.the senior mellow and mild...the pup completely  wild.  And I don’t mean a senior vs  pup....just completely different personalities.  

It is funny because new pup Aussie is very much like my new pup German shorthair Pointer mix.....

It's funny how much they can vary!  When we picked our puppy there was a gorgeous merle puppy left, but she was independent and standoffish.  And a quiet little boy who was very sweet and just wanted to be held.  We went middle of the road with personality.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Oh, wow, they really do differ!  Our old Aussie, my doggie soulmate, was super mellow.  Our new Aussie (4 yrs now, so new isn’t the right word) doesn’t have a mellow bone in her body.  She is a cuddler though, just a wiggly one.

1 minute ago, Kebo said:

It's funny how much they can vary!  When we picked our puppy there was a gorgeous merle puppy left, but she was independent and standoffish.  And a quiet little boy who was very sweet and just wanted to be held.  We went middle of the road with personality.  

Exactly.  My Sister in law went to pick out her pup....based on pics I told her which I preferred.......when she left she called me and said the pup I liked was insanely wild.   She and her roommate thought a milder pup would be better for their situation.   The pup I liked from pics was crazy ...attacking her siblings and just basically crazy.  I looked at Dh and said, “ I have to have her”!  We picked her up that next weekend.  And to this day when she gets with her litter mate she is the aggressive crazy one.....but man I love her.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Oh he looked bigger in this picture!   Is he a yapper?

He actually has a very deep bark for such a small dog.  He's been barking more the last couple of weeks but I think it's because the weather has been so nice and it's really the first time, he's seen people and their dogs walking about so it startles him. 

• Like 1