Menu

Seminar on chess and autism

Hi,  I don't have an autistic child but I saw an announcement about this today and wanted to put it out there for anyone who might be interested or know someone who is interested.  This is a seminar from the International Chess Federation (US has its own federation) about how chess can help kids with autism.  The testimonial quotes really touched me and I thought that there might be parents or educators here on this board that might have an interest.  

Looks like the deadline to register is 3/22 and the seminar is 3/29.  https://fide.com/news/969

The International Chess Federation, together with its Commission for People with Disabilities and the Social Commission, is pleased to announce the 1st FIDE Introductory Seminar "Chess for children with an autism spectrum disorder. How chess can help children with autism”

The aim of this course is to inform Federations and FIDE Academies about opportunities for using chess in educating kids with this disorder and share the existing experience. FIDE also wants to identify the interest of Federations, provide the necessary training of teachers, and support the development of related projects. 

WHAT:
At this seminar speakers will talk about the possibility of teaching chess to children with autism spectrum disorder covering the following topics: 

•    What is an autism spectrum disorder
•    Teaching chess to someone with autism
•    Chess could become the bridge between two worlds
•    Role of social projects in National Chess Federations 

WHEN:

• Like 2