Menu

Recipes that use a lot of milk?

alisoncooks

I had half a gallon in the fridge, so I ordered a gallon for today's grocery pickup (too late to cancel). Then yesterday, DH brought home 1.5 gallons from a work event. (Plus 1.5 gallons of OJ!) 

My fridge is packed! Do you have any recipes that use a lot of milk? (Especially whole milk, which only DD particularly likes to drink.) 

Paneer uses lots of milk.  You can freeze it if you don't want to use it now.  This is a pretty good description of how to make it.  You can use more milk if you want to, and just add in more vinegar till it curdles, depending on how much milk you're using.  https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/how-to-make-paneer-cubes-at-home/

Fried paneer is really yummy in lots of different things, which is our favorite way to eat it.

• Like 5

What Carrie said. I'd make all of the above, plus some milk-heavy cakes and freeze them.  Mac and cheese freezes great. Pudding and yogurt, not so much. Quiche freezes great - crustless quiches are not as popular in my house, but they also freeze great. 

The only thing is, do you have enough of the other ingredients?!

Awesome ideas! Yay. 

I have a "hot milk cake" (never before tried) baking right at this moment, and I've got rice pudding as the next possibility. I've currently got a major sweets  craving. 😲

Paneer would be great! Fried paneer -- yum. I'll have to see if I have any cheesecloth. I looove saag paneer, but idk if I'm up for that. This recipe looks promising, all I'd be missing is the Serrano pepper. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/saag-paneer1-1927603.amp

Edited by alisoncooks