Menu

Scrabble Go disappointment

I downloaded Scrabble Go, hoping to enjoy a game.  I was so disappointed!  I found a word that used all my letters, but the game didn't properly recognize one of them and said the word was invalid.  I tried a different word, and it misread one of those letters, too - a different one.  Have you found a similar game that works properly?  

Maybe try a different dictionary?  I use the UK dictionary.

All in all, though, Scrabble Go has been very disappointing. A huge portion of the players are bots, or men who are looking for a good time. 

I found a satisfying substitute: Word Wiz.  It's a 1-player game set up sort of like a crossword puzzle, but instead of clues you get a set of letters and have to make multiple words from them.

I have been playing GrabbyWord for years now. It's the same concept as Scrabble, but the points system is different. You get to steal points from your opponent if you alter a word, which makes it more challenging and fun.

If you'd like to play, @klmama, my username on GrabbyWord is chooky.

Edited by chocolate-chip chooky
On 3/8/2021 at 8:02 AM, klmama said:

I downloaded Scrabble Go, hoping to enjoy a game.  I was so disappointed!  I found a word that used all my letters, but the game didn't properly recognize one of them and said the word was invalid.  I tried a different word, and it misread one of those letters, too - a different one.  Have you found a similar game that works properly?  

I like Wordfeud because you can pay a once of fee to remove all the ads.  It’s very simple, without all the fancy extras many of the games have.  There is a separate website that runs an ongoing tournament where you play 10 people for up to a fortnight then you get a new set of 10 people to search for and there’s 8 levels.  I like to do that because when I first played there were a few people who were just there to troll so they would play a few words then send some kind of super crass pick up line.  The tournament is strict and kicks anyone out for that kind of behaviour so you only get people who are there for the games.

Also more than happy to play with you if you end up choosing that app I could send you my username.

Posted (edited)

Thanks to both Ausmumof3 and chocolate-chip chooky!  It's so kind of you to offer to play with me!  At this point, I think I'm really just wanting to play against the software rather than vs live people.  I prefer to play for a few minutes here and there, rather than for extended time, and that likely wouldn't work well against live partners.   If I change my approach, though, I'll definitely let you know!  

Edited by klmama
6 minutes ago, klmama said:

Thanks to both Ausmumof3 and chocolate-chip chooky!  It's so kind of you to offer to play with me!  At this point, I think I'm really just wanting to play against the software rather than vs live people.  I prefer to play for a few minutes here and there, rather than for extended time, and that likely wouldn't work well against live partners.   If I change my approach, though, I'll definitely let you know!  

This is very much how Wordfeud is.  You have 48 hours to play a word before a game times out and for the tournaments you have a fortnight to finish so i usually just play for a bit at night or when waiting at kids activities.  Lol no pressure at all though just thought I’d let you know that playing this way typically is fine etiquette.