Menu

Need more DVD/music ideas (kids this time...)

This time I am putting together a photo DVD of my children as a gift for family. I have about 15 minutes worth of photos, and have not decided how to arrange them yet. I could do a song for my girl, one for the boys and one or more with them together. I could group them somewhat according to the activity or season. Most of them are summer or fall, many are from camping trips, and a few are from sporting events and recitals.

Any thoughts?

...Besides the fact that Grandma is coming next weekend, and I REALLY need to finish both the kids' DVD and the wedding ASAP, but for some reason it is more fun to play on the internet...

Was just listening to Prayer by Celine Dionne and Josh Groban. Love that song. May or may not apply. Maybe an ending.

I listened to the beginning of that song at one point this week. I ruled it out as a wedding song after the first few lines, but will consider it again as a possibility for the kids. I remember it was very pretty...

Not what you are asking, but perhaps a digital picture frame (loaded with these same photos) would get more use? An actual DVD might just be viewed once and put away in a drawer.

Digital picture frames are not cheap, so that might influence your decision.

Just a thought......either way the recipients will be thrilled by your thoughtfulness. And to answer your question, I always tear up when listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole singing "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" -- it starts out as the first song and ends up with "What a Wonderful World." There is a YouTube video of him singing this. Getting chills just thinking of it.

Julie

Edited by buddhabelly

Not what you are asking, but perhaps a digital picture frame (loaded with these same photos) would get more use? An actual DVD might just be viewed once and put away in a drawer.

Digital picture frames are not cheap, so that might influence your decision.

Just a thought......either way the recipients will be thrilled by your thoughtfulness. And to answer your question, I always tear up when listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole singing "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" -- it starts out as the first song and ends up with "What a Wonderful World." There is a YouTube video of him singing this. Getting chills just thinking of it.

Julie

We bought a digital picture frame for my parents last year. In fact they are getting a new chip this year with their DVD. All will also be getting a photo CD so they can enlarge and print any photos they like.

My dh has taken many fantastic shots of the kids which will be worthy of more permanent display.

I will check out the song, thanks!