Menu

Daily Movement - Friday, March 5

purpleowl

I did 30 minutes of aerobic dance (uncoordinated flailing in my case--got my heart rate up) with fitness marshall this morning before my teens were moving, then I did quite a bit of back focused work (strengthening and stretching). I plan to do a relaxation based movement later today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Walked about 4.5K and did more relaxed than usual PT exercises while chatting with my daughter. 

We then went to lunch at my newly-favorite vegetarian Indian restaurant and probably undid whatever good I had done with the morning exercise. However, we stopped for lunch on the way home from REI, where we had gone to buy hiking shoes and start research for some potential trail excursions in the fall. So, maybe it kind of evens out?

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Walked about 4.5K and did more relaxed than usual PT exercises while chatting with my daughter. 

We then went to lunch at my newly-favorite vegetarian Indian restaurant and probably undid whatever good I had done with the morning exercise. However, we stopped for lunch on the way home from REI, where we had gone to buy hiking shoes and start research for some potential trail excursions in the fall. So, maybe it kind of evens out?

Indian food is a favourite for me!  But I reckon it all evens out eventually.  Trail excursions sounds exciting.

Did some PT stretches this morning, but not the full routine. Then did 55 minues of the 90 minute DDPY class tonight. I woke up with pain shooting through my foot this morning - maybe I slept with it bent weird? It loosened up during the day some, but when I went into my first plank pose I was like "ouch!" Stuck with it, and it was a bit better, but then they were going into balance work that I knew would mean me gripping that big toe into the mat and straining the part that hurt, so I bowed out. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I didn't do "a walk" yesterday, but we did a lot of walking as a family, including mini golf. My phone said I did more than 5 miles over the course of the day. I'll take it. (Wish I could give back the sunburns we got while mini golfing, though!)

• Like 3