Menu

What do you think is going to happen with the housing market?

mommyoffive

We have similar craziness where I live. We couldn’t afford our neighborhood when we bought here 10 years ago. We just got lucky and scored a run down foreclosure that sold for more than 100k less than market value. The neighbors were horrified—Worried how it would affect their values. Of course we fixed up the house, so the neighbors were happy with us. 

When I see what houses are currently going for here, it blows my mind. And how fast they sell! 

We are in the process of selling our college condo. We had a super clean cash offer come in sight unseen the night before it was officially listed. (It was a “coming soon”). I was shocked. We got a couple of other offers but the full price clean cash won out. We close on Thursday. 

My parents are trying to buy right now. It’s incredibly frustrating for them. They are cash buyers, but they lost the last house to another cash buyer who waived inspection. My parents cash offer was WELL over asking price. We think agents are deliberately under pricing houses because they know there will be a bidding frenzy. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2

For the first time, our (second) real estate agent is taking a while to get back to us. She emailed me after 11pm last night. Her schedule is crazy booked.  The delay did give me a chance to do a drive by and discover that the perfect house is situated so dumb on its lot that I’d hate living there, so now I don’t have to waste her time with an actual showing.

I have an appointment today to sit down with my preferred builder, but I’d still rather find an existing home before signing. The one I drove by is one of just 3 existing listings for our radius. One is in the development I’m trying to get out of, and the other is one we saw and didn’t like, nor did anyone else in the past 3 months.

It’s getting uglier and uglier out there.

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

It’s getting uglier and uglier out there.

After watching what's happened with the neighbor's house I have tremendous sympathy for potential buyers. I don't know how I could deal with the circus atmosphere.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

After watching what's happened with the neighbor's house I have tremendous sympathy for potential buyers. I don't know how I could deal with the circus atmosphere.

it is one reason we are looking at building. A major reason, actually. 

• Like 1