Menu

Accountability Thread 2/28-3/6

Morning! New month, new goals, new struggles.

Today's tasks, though:

House: chores, groceries

Cooking: pizza for dinner, sandwiches for lunch

School: none, did schedules yesterday, and no art class today

Writing: 2000 words over WIP, prep revision notebook for one of my WIP (and possibly another--just kill me now), Beta read reviews, personal reading, submissions to send out? Maybe put that on Wednesday? I have so much to do today.

Art: art prep for next week (yes, it's a book project)

I think that's it for now.

Oh, no, it's not. I have month in review to do. That should be fun.

Also, I decided to pay myself for every rejection I get with a new book. I have earned a lot of books this month! Get to buy them today.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, Critterfixer said:

Also, I decided to pay myself for every rejection I get with a new book. I have earned a lot of books this month! Get to buy them today.

This is brilliant! 

Crazy tired today.  So, briefly:

1. Kick it off with art stuff.
  2. Desk storage, bookcase measurements for elder's room.
  3. Review February, set goals for March.
  4. Puppy: week's training plan, socialize, etc.
  5. We have friends "over" today!  Boys have playdate with the kids, I have virtual tea with the dad -- also a homeschooler, RPGer, and he's a writer -- though that is back-burnered for him at the moment.
  6. Dinner: leftovers.
  7. Chores: basic ones, figure out throw rugs for near our bed?
  8. Fitness all around: me, boys, boys again, posture for younger esp.
  9. !!!! lots of love and, Lord willing, grace. 
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning. I didn't buy my books yesterday. I was going to, but by the end of the day I was super tired after writing and reading all day. Took a shower and got dizzy, so I decided to just lie down and not do anything else involving screens for a while. Feel better today.

Goals:

House: chores, bed, bath

Cooking: pork loin, mashed potatoes, corn, buttermilk pie. I might fry some mushrooms because I'm craving those.

School: usual

Writing: New month, new goals. Aiming for 3000 words over two novels and one chapter of revisions in another book per day, one Beta read (and hopefully no more than two others this month), start work planning my writers' retreat for April and Camp NaNoWriMo, possibly some submissions today, but maybe not. Still pretty tired.

Art: I have a book project to do, and I want to start on a painting for that book this week. Sketches today. There's going to be a lot of nature drawings and figures, which are challenging. This project is probably going to take me most of the year. I need to pick some practice paintings to do as well.

• Like 1

hope you felt better today.  Maybe even ordered those well-earned books ...

Today was crazy here, but fairly successful.  Am still chunking through Sunday's list!  But I did a quick & dirty run-through for goals for this year.  It was fairly straightforward: basically last year's goals which went into a sort of stasis in March 2020.  The main edits are goals to bring boys up to speed and start 10th/6th around November 2021, and puppy care. 

School today went pretty well: we hit language arts for younger, which is the area that needs the most focus, and I spent some time getting the board game "Clank" going with him, which was a goal.  Elder had an hour for art this AM, his weekly Latin class, and then some time on science in the afternoon.  We got puppy out for a bit of socialization -- elder walked her around a little park-ish area during younger's afternoon orthodontist appt -- and had Vietnamese takeout before the RPG. 

House got pretty neglected today, but boys did get the day's dishes done so that DH was left with minimal cleanup -- he kindly straightens after dinner so we can do our RPG. 

For tomorrow: LA again with younger, do Latin and math and other essential stuff.  Artist/composer study with both boys -- we're doing John Cage and Banksy, which is fun.  Elder: math for sure; his Latin work; finish his science and then let him pick history or English.  Art as much as possible; puppy training; fitness AM and PM if at all manageable; fitness for me; some chores; dinner: ????  Pizza galettes + berry galettes and fresh veggies, if I have ingredients + time. 

• Like 1

Morning! I didn't get everything done yesterday, but I did get things done and did order books!

Today's goals: 

House: chores

Cooking: Swedish meatballs, noodles, roast potatoes

Writing: 3000 words over WIP, two chapters to revise, writers' meeting stuff, critique or two, personal reading

Art: sketching

• Like 1

Morning. Lots to do today, more to do tomorrow, and way too many things to do Friday.

Today's work:

House: chores, kitchen

Cooking: pizza night

School: usual (keeping an eye on next week for the weather. We may take a week off depending on the temperatures, or just a day or two)

Writing: 3000 to 4000 words over two or three (yes, I know I'm an idiot) projects, revise two chapters in another project, do a review, look at a chapter for a friend, prep for a pitch thing tomorrow, personal reading, Beta reading.

Art: continue sketching

• Like 1

Morning!  Still trying to get a handle on stuff.  Today is about holding ground + doing a lot of chores, various maintenance/wellbeing.  Before lunch: elder needs to make his muffins; younger & I have some "Clank" to play; puppy training; cleaning; plan out day. 

+ I have a goal to post back later with an Improved Plan.  🙂 

• Like 1

Morning. Busy day here, but it's sunny and we plan to grill out later this evening.

Today's goals:

House: chores

Cooking: hamburgers

Writing: 3000 to 4000 words, revisions, Beta reading, personal reading, a contest thing

Art: sketching if possible, but it's very busy today.

• Like 1

Morning! Still debating about taking next week off for the weather break. I'll likely make the decision tomorrow or Sunday morning.

Today's goals:

House: chores, sweeping

Cooking: chicken strips, fish fillets

Writing: 3000 to 4000 words, Beta reading, personal reading, queries

Art: sketching

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:18 AM, Critterfixer said:

Morning! Still debating about taking next week off for the weather break. I'll likely make the decision tomorrow or Sunday morning.

Well, I'm all like, "Do it!" because I'd love the thought of your weather-break week & the deliciousness of living vicariously through it. 

I'm pretty sure you can resist the peer pressure, though.  🙂  Good luck deciding!

Starting off the day:

1.  Continue the preventative/treatment fitness for myself so can sleep, back isn't mental-health-affecting.  I've done a good job with periodic aerobic stuff, which is helping my back + seems to be normalizing the stress responses, but really need to do some strength stuff today.  10" step;  4 (ETA: made that 3) little 5"-steps+math-problems (a stress-alleviating protocol); back exercises; some strength; some stretching.

2.  Fitness with boys: oy vey, totally forgot this!  Well, that'll be at the top of the morning's "school" 'cause we missed it yesterday.  Thursday PM is rather frantic, with dinner coming almost 2 hours earlier than usual so we can get younger fed before his online piano lesson.  However, it is 100% predictable so you'd think I could plan ahead for it.  Ha!

2b.  PM Fitness with boys. 

3.  School: am arts-deprived, so arts + Shakespeare today.  We'll start "The Tempest".  Arts: artist + composer "study", some practical for both boys.  Elder work on/finish context paper, hit some Latin and ideally some math; younger has LA, Latin + Greek quick review and bit of math too plus his piano. 

4.  Work on garden planning -- this might actually fit under "practical art" if we do it that way.Spend 15" on my own to lay groundwork for their gardens. 

5.  Clean the house when possible.  !!!

6.  Be a good Puppy Person. 

7.  Eventually, catch up with DH. 

• Like 1