Menu

It is ten months until Christmas...now nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, NOW!!

Kareni

1 hour ago, Kareni said:

Just thought you might like to know.

My kids’ birthdays are in December. Never too early to budget and get wish lists. 

45 minutes ago, 4atHome said:

This is the time of year when I feel like, "Always winter, never Christmas." 🙁

Would house plants help? I have tulip bulbs and arrowhead bulbs growing in containers at my kitchen countertop. I also have spring onions/scallions regrowing there. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Would house plants help? I have tulip bulbs and arrowhead bulbs growing in containers at my kitchen countertop. I also have spring onions/scallions regrowing there. 

Oh no, not something I have to keep alive!  A friend got me potted tulips for Valentine's.  Pretty, and I am dutifully watering, but anticipating their death so I can get them off the windowsill.  My house is light and bright, and I actually like winter, but would like this cold snap to ease up so I can go outside!

• Like 2

I am looking forward to Christmas in a way I never have before! I look forward to usually-annoying family visiting and staying too long. I look forward to pasting on a smile while we open gifts the way MIL likes us to do (posing for pictures during/after every.single.gift.opening). I look forward to making a metric crap-ton of goodies and foodstuffs. I look forward to playing tons of board games and singing stupid songs.

I've honestly never had a February/March where looking ahead to Christmas made me smile! lol

(with all that said, I'm glad it's 10 months away! lol)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4atHome said:

Oh no, not something I have to keep alive!  A friend got me potted tulips for Valentine's.  Pretty, and I am dutifully watering, but anticipating their death so I can get them off the windowsill.  My house is light and bright, and I actually like winter, but would like this cold snap to ease up so I can go outside!

that's why I have silk poinsettias.  I bought a nice silk Orchid for one room.  There are even pots of silk tulips.

• Like 2

You're so cute, Kareni.

We JUST got our last yard decoration down and all the lights back into the attic. Except the white lights we decided to leave up around the front porch.

The only thing I do this time of year is the autosave from my paycheck--15% of it goes to the Christmas bucket.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

We JUST got our last yard decoration down and all the lights back into the attic. Except the white lights we decided to leave up around the front porch.

My neighborhood seems to have decided to keep the holiday lights on until the pandemic is over. It's really friendly to have twinkling lights at night at most people's houses!

I'm thinking year-round lights would be good - just change to more spring-like and summery colors 🙂 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DawnM said:

YAY!

🎅🎄

I am starting to think of homemade gifts NOW.   I need to get started.

This!  I need some good ideas for long projects.  No sewing or crocheting, but something I can really get into doing for a long time ... 

Maybe we can share some ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my DD's was born the 25th of July. She liked to tell people how many months until her birthday when she was little, starting in about February probably because both of her sisters have birthdays around now.

My brother's birthday is on Christmas day, so now that she is a teen, he likes to remind her that the whole world counts down to his birthday. So, tomorrow, on the 25th, she'll most likely get an email telling her that there are 10 shopping months until his birthday!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Kareni changed the title to It is ten months until Christmas...now nine months!
8 hours ago, hjffkj said:

My Christmas light are still up outside

So funny.  I don't mind the lights, but my neighbors just took down their huge blow ups.   I mean they had tons of them in their yard.  The lights I like being left up all of dreary winter, but the blow ups in March I am not a fan of. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

@Kareni

Is it possible that you are a ten year old boy in disguise?  Specifically my ten year old boy?

My child has decided that the way you respond to pandemics is by celebrating ALL THE THINGS!!!  And by celebrate, I mean bake tasty things. In the past two weeks, we have celebrated:

2 Birthdays (berry tiramisu, and giant chocolate cookies!!) 

1 Half birthday (cobbler!)

1 Wedding anniversary (donuts!)

Pi Day (Pie!)

St. Patrick's Day (Soda bread!)

St. Joseph's Day (Zeppole!)

Tomorrow, I have promised to help him make matzoh crack and fruit jellies 

Some kind of bunny cake is being planned for Easter, and my kid tells me he needs to to start practicing so he can make this ridiculous thing for my birthday in April.  

But I draw the line at 1/4 birthdays.  We celebrated 1/2 Christmas last June, with cookies cut in half.   That has to be enough for Jesus!  

You are so lucky.  I wish one of my kids loved to bake, I would be in heaven.  Of course I am sure I would weigh 25lbs more, but still worth it.  🙂

• Like 3

On 3/26/2021 at 6:43 AM, katilac said:

katilac's  doctor: Is there something specific heightening your anxiety? 

katilac: yes, Kareni starting counting down to Christmas in February!! 

😂

Well...I could have posted in January, but I was pacing myself!

Regards,

Kareni

• Haha 3

On 3/26/2021 at 8:06 AM, BaseballandHockey said:

@Kareni

Is it possible that you are a ten year old boy in disguise?  Specifically my ten year old boy?

I don't think so, SPOILER ALERT**Mom.**END SPOILER

But I'm pretty sure that I'd like to stop by for some home baked goodies....

Regards,

Kareni

• Haha 2

I look very forward to what I believe will be a Covid-19 free Christmas. I want to go to Six Flags and play in the "snow," I want to go see the Nutcracker if we can afford it, and I want to go to the Riverwalk to see the lights with friends. I missed out on all of that this year and I'm really excited about it. For the first time in my life I have a countdown on my phone!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

I look very forward to what I believe will be a Covid-19 free Christmas. I want to go to Six Flags and play in the "snow," I want to go see the Nutcracker if we can afford it, and I want to go to the Riverwalk to see the lights with friends. I missed out on all of that this year and I'm really excited about it. For the first time in my life I have a countdown on my phone!

All my kids are ballet dancers and hoping they get to be in Nutcracker this year.  It doesn't seem like Christmas without tons of Nutcracker performances to do!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I have NEVER seen Nutcracker.  But I'm sure if it comes back my girls will be in it

I saw it once as a kid. We used to go to a Christmas concert every year and moved away. The kids are sad about the Christmas concert so we wanted to do something big. Instead, there was a plague.

• Like 2

• Kareni changed the title to It is ten months until Christmas...now nine, eight!

My updates:

March--another 15% of paycheck saved.

April--another 15% of paycheck saved.

That's it. That's all the prep. I will start thinking about Christmas in October. Or if we ever have all 5 of us in the same place before Thanksgiving, I will try to get a family photo for cards.

• Like 2