Menu

Most Accurate Heart Rate Tracker/Watch? (POTS related)

Dd was recently diagnosed with POTS and is on meds to raise her BP. We're supposed to monitor her BP and pulse at home. I purchased her a Fitbit Versa 2 but I don't think it's accurate. About an hour ago it was showing her HR in the mid 80s but dd felt something was off. The pulse oximeter showed high 120s so we took her BP and it was 95/55 with a pulse of 131. I really want to find something accurate. I do feel my Apple watch is accurate but I think what I've read is that is doesn't continually track it. What is out there that will be more accurate? 

Edited by Joker2

I'd consider a chest strap if accuracy is truly important.  Optical HR monitors are notoriously inaccurate, and slow at picking up rapid fluctuations.  They work ok for non-medical use.  A chest strap though is MUCH more accurate, and they are not particularly uncomfortable if you tuck it under a sport bra strap to hold it in place, rather than cinch it down really tight with its own strap.  Actually, I think Polar even makes a special sports bra for that purpose, but any will do.  If she doesn't need constant monitoring but just needs to be able to do a check when she's feeling off, a finger pulse ox monitor is smaller than an asthma inhaler and can just be in a pocket at all times.  

• Like 3