Menu

Tackling Wednesday Together

mom31257

Happy Wednesday!

Well, once again, I am paying the price for actually reading and believing information from a trusted source.

Last night, I got my kids' Disney trip itinerary.  In various places throughout the document, it warned the reader to make park reservations ASAP in order to ensure all the kids are allowed into the parks (Covid limits etc).   Previously, we were warned that each family might have to make their own reservations & they would let us know.  So I thought this was them letting us know.  Taking the "ASAP" seriously, I hopped on the internet this morning and bought over $500 worth of tickets.  After paying, I got a notice that in order to enter the parks, one needs to present the credit card one used to pay for the tickets.  Well, no, I don't plan on sending my Discover card to Disney with my 14yos.  So I sent an email to the school band people who arranged the trip.  They responded - we already bought the tickets!  I suggested they clarify that for others.

Of course, you can't cancel Disney tickets.  (Which stinks!)  But one would hope that an actual duplicate purchase would be corrected, right?

So I've been on hold for about an hour so far, listening to Disney songs, and waiting to get my refund confirmed.  I also tried sending an email, but of course my internet bombed just as I was about to send it.  Wish me luck getting this resolved.  I could support a family in a developing country on that much money.

Done:

• Finished some work in the wee hours, then slept maybe 5 hours.
  • Woke up on time, yay!
  • Woke the kids up for online school.
  • Took out the garbage & got the mail.  A nice workout thanks to the deep snow.
  • Cleaned off my car, because I need to go somewhere this afternoon.  I hope the driveway is passable for my car.
  • Joined as a Disneyworld.com member to facilitate the purchase I shouldn't have made.
  • Purchased Disney tickets I did not need to purchase.
  • 2 calls and 1 failed email (so far) to try to resolve the Disney screwup.  Also various emails to the organizers.  I really hope I'm the only one in this mess.
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, social media, news, and checked the kids' grades.
  • Working on coffee 1.
  • I'm still on hold.  They said 20 minutes.  It's been 50 minutes on this 2nd call.  Hopefully it doesn't hang up on me like the last one.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • A little reading and housework.  Laundry?
  • Call my dad to let him know I sent him something from Amazon.  (I hope it doesn't freeze & I hope he doesn't hurt himself bringing it inside.)
  • Kids to band sectionals.
  • Kid2's chiropractor follow-up.
  • Make the kids do all their school work etc.
  • Review either 1 or 2 research papers with my kids.  (Probably 2, ugh.  I'd rather space them out.)
  • Online church?  Probably not ....
  • Exercise???
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Sad 4

So after an hour and 15 minutes on hold (2nd call), they agreed to reverse the charges for the duplicate Disney tickets, but they won't send me an email confirmation, because it's an exception, and I guess they don't want anyone to know exceptions are ever made.  (You all didn't just read this.)  It will take at least a week to see the reversed charges and maybe not even then.  Ugh.

Why didn't I just ask a question before I bought those stupid tickets??

• Like 3

I’ll forget I ever read it! Wow, what a morning you’ve had!

Happy Wednesday!

Done:

Coffee and Breakfast

Bible

Writing/Fix it

Schedule the thermostat installation 

Send emails and texts about shirts and AHG

Thaw meat for dinner, put meat for Thursday in fridge  

Dinner:Grilled burgers

TO DO:

Little kid school

Barton x4

Algebra 2 with DD

Check for ACT scores AGAIN

Begin a new book!

Help DD14 work on soap photography! Her lightbox came today!!!

• Like 3

Still super cold here. I think some main roads are ok, but we live at the top of a huge hill and all the roads up/down are steep, still solidly covered in ice and snow. We are home til it begins to melt, which could be Saturday. More snow predicted tonight! We have food, though fresh fruit and veggies are almost gone and the milk wad gone Monday. Thankful to have power! I hope Reader and other Texas boardies are ok. My state has lots of homes with natural gas heat, so not as much strain on the grid.

Today:

Call mom! ✔️ 

Check in with Dd about her paper.

Reschedule a tutoring student and send HW to another. 

Keep Ds on track for short, check-in type classes with three teachers today and a virtual piano lesson in the afternoon.

Cook taco meat for tonight. ✔️ 

Read! 

Wash sheets. Washer is running now. 

Brave the cold and take the dog for a walk? 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Speaking of AHG shirts, I have some that I want to donate to anyone still in AHG.  Various sizes and colors, some new and some used.  I would be happy to FedEx them if you think you (or others in your troop) could use them.  I asked on our troop's fb page, but got no answers.

I have also had my offer of used school-specific sports clothes gently rebuffed by our old school.  So I need to find someone with smaller kids in our school who may want them.  Why is it so hard to do the right thing?

• Like 3

SKL, I'm so glad you got that resolved! 

Kelly, let us see photos when she's got some. 

breakfast and lunch done

two Zoom math classes done 

did a bit more research for my statistics class (combing the internet for ideas to create misleading graphs in class with data that's quick to produce)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@SKL My troop can use the shirts, if you don’t have other takers. We always have girls who grew enough to need larger ones before the year is out and we have many families on tight budgets! 

If you want to PM me your address, I will FedEx them to you.  You are the first taker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SKL said:

Speaking of AHG shirts, I have some that I want to donate to anyone still in AHG.  Various sizes and colors, some new and some used.  I would be happy to FedEx them if you think you (or others in your troop) could use them.  I asked on our troop's fb page, but got no answers.

I have also had my offer of used school-specific sports clothes gently rebuffed by our old school.  So I need to find someone with smaller kids in our school who may want them.  Why is it so hard to do the right thing?

Mama, I'd be more than happy to pay the shipping and/or associated costs.  That would be SO great!

4 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

LOL, I defer to Scout. 😉 ❤️ 

Thanks, Kelly!! 
Our troop has several lower income families and some lower middle with challenging financial situations (covid unemployment, medical bills, house fire etc) , so it will be great to be able to help a bit. 

• Like 1

Attended a Zoom meeting that was super helpful.
Finished the sheets and remade the bed.
Started more laundry
Talked with the case mgr. at the hospital and the rehab liason person. 

This crazy weather (sleeting again!) has made me realize that we are not as well prepped for emergencies as we could be. Placed an Amazon order accordingly. Won't help now, but will for the next time! 

Next up:
snack
move the laundry
bundle up and take out the trash and recycling

Dropped the kids at sectionals, returned a book to their old school, processed mail and deliveries, picked up the kids, dropped off a FedEx box, took Kid2 to the chiro, grabbed McD for Kid1, cooked noodles to eat with leftovers, and gave some advice for Kid1's research paper.

They have to write an "argumentative essay" about the Covid vaccine.  One kid has to write why teens should get the vax.  The other has to write about why teens should not get the vax.  It's a great way to get kids researching!

Now I need to call my dad.

• Like 1