Menu

Tackling Sunday Together

ScoutTN

Well, we are busier than usual on a Sunday, but nothing that feels like work.

Church donei

Quick, outdoor visit with my mom. ✔️ 

Dd to a friend’s house for the game. ✔️ 

Make chili ✔️ and jalapeno poppers and watch the Superbowl. ✔️ 

Get Dh to pick up Dd

Read

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning, and Merry Christmas! LOL! We are finally having it with dd. At least it is cold weather!

We played a lot of games last night with dd. It's so nice having her home!

• watch church online (staying home today)
  • check on BIL (diagnosis right now is severe gastritis and chronic pancreatitis, numbers are improving, need to see a hepatologist for ongoing care)
  • play more games
  • make our "Christmas" meal for dinner
  • open presents
  • look over lesson plans for tomorrow 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Dogs have been taken out, fed and watered and I have done first meds (asthma and eyes) and made coffee

Breakfast

Church online

Zoom coffee hour

Do some type of very socially distancing dog handoff, the dogs are easy the crates and bed are the difficulty- maybe get dh to take down and put outside for them

Read my book club book

not sure yet

• Like 5

• get some pictures of the outside of our house to send to concrete guy  
  • pick up all toys and find a place for them
  • finish making salad jars  
  • get valentine's box together with 3 year old
  • create valentine's goodie bags for preschool
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 5

Morning!  Dd got an admissions packet in the mail yesterday to one of the state schools she applied to.  Even though she wants a year off, it opened her eyes that she could get into college.  She was quite happy!

To do:

• coffee
  • breakfast
  • Target/Costco 
  • work on office/craft room
  • make snacks for game
  • bbq burgers for dinner, watch game
  • read for book challenge

• Like 4

So far today I had a shower & hair wash, cleaned the bathroom, switched out the laundry and folded some, grabbed my coffee, had a "work discussion" with the boss partner, checked my emails, sent a client a message, and am working through social media stuff.

So predictable.  My boss/housemate asked me about my plans for today.  I mentioned my kid wants her hair cut (hasn't had a professional cut in over a year), so I am going to go with her and get us both haircuts.  (We go to those cheap places that cut fast.)  Boss lady goes on and on about how I need to finish every client thing first because the whole business will die if I don't.  Brings up stuff I couldn't control and exaggerates problems etc etc.  After correcting the facts didn't work, I agreed with everything and said now I need to stop talking and get to work.  It is well known that I can't really talk much in the morning before my coffee.  It gives me a headache and stiff neck that can last for days.  But it is also well known that the other person is incapable of leaving well enough alone.  LET IT GO was written for her.  Ugh.  This is why I try not to go get coffee or do any work downstairs when she's down there.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Today, I need to do the things I was too lazy to do yesterday. So far today I have went to AM church, picked up a grocery order, had a banana split, and put on a pot of pintos with a hambone. I will cook rice to go with it. Other plans:

More google classroom

Make salads for the week , assembly line style.

See what else I can cook for the freezer

Clean the bathrooms

Work on the file cabinet

Work on deep clean

Church PM

There's more I need to do, but winter break is coming up.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, readinmom said:

Morning!  Dd got an admissions packet in the mail yesterday to one of the state schools she applied to.  

•  

Tell her congratulations!!! Which one?  I lived in CA 3 times in my life and even took classes or had other contact with 2 of the state schools.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SKL said:

So far today I had a shower & hair wash, cleaned the bathroom, switched out the laundry and folded some, grabbed my coffee, had a "work discussion" with the boss partner, checked my emails, sent a client a message, and am working through social media stuff.

So predictable.  My boss/housemate asked me about my plans for today.  I mentioned my kid wants her hair cut (hasn't had a professional cut in over a year), so I am going to go with her and get us both haircuts.  (We go to those cheap places that cut fast.)  Boss lady goes on and on about how I need to finish every client thing first because the whole business will die if I don't.  Brings up stuff I couldn't control and exaggerates problems etc etc.  After correcting the facts didn't work, I agreed with everything and said now I need to stop talking and get to work.  It is well known that I can't really talk much in the morning before my coffee.  It gives me a headache and stiff neck that can last for days.  But it is also well known that the other person is incapable of leaving well enough alone.  LET IT GO was written for her.  Ugh.  This is why I try not to go get coffee or do any work downstairs when she's down there.

OMG you share your house with your boss??? and she is like that???  Oh, I am so sorry she is like that and you are in such a position.  Hugs to you and your two girls.

• Like 3

Just now, TravelingChris said:

OMG you share your house with your boss??? and she is like that???  Oh, I am so sorry she is like that and you are in such a position.  Hugs to you and your two girls.

Yeah, it gets interesting sometimes.  When I was a kid, my parents used to say the worst thing you can do is go into business with a friend.  Well ... what was I thinking?  LOL!  It isn't all bad, of course.  I probably just traded some kinds of stress for others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Margaret in CO said:

Happy Scout Sunday!

Thanks for the reminder.  I watch an online version of my church but will look and see if churches in my area with livestreams that are recorded did things.  We usually do at our church.

I was just relating in my church's once a month book club about how I decided something important about what I believe in during a Scout Sunday when I was a young Junior and my troop leader was hosted at a UM church.  My parents were Catholic but allowed me to attend Scout Sunday.  It made such a strong impression on me and was part of what eventually led to both dh  and I leaving the Catholic church- in 1986- and becoming Protestants (usually Presbyterian churches but sometimes UM churches or Protestant chapels too)

• Like 3

go out and get gas

get dresses returned to Belk and buy stuff too

Pick up Whole Foods Order 

Make little pigeons (golabki-with the l having a slash through it and the a having a cedilla and sounding more like goh-waump-kee) which are stuffed cabbage rolls baked in cream of tomato

sort of watch Super Bowl maybe

get dogs ready to go

• Like 3

Costco trip was quick.  Just got the essentials and didn't give in to impulse browsing.  Bought a few new recommended snacks for keto.  

• made stuffed mini peppers w/cream cheese and taco seasoning
  • made chocolate poke cake for dessert (them/not me!)
  • hamburger toppings are ready to go
  • kitchen is clean
  • snacks are ready, beer is in the fridge

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Cal State Chico.  

Oh that is a nice area!

What part of CA are you?  We were stationed 3 times-  once at LAAFS now LAAFB in El Segundo but we lived in Redondo Beach and then LB and second time,it was Norton AFB, now closed, in San Bernadino but we lived in a part of Pomona a block away from Claremont (and it was so fortunate that we lived there because that is where dh and ds were living when the LA riots broke out and riots were also in Pomona but far away- I was even further away at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center then in Glynco, GA because I was an Immigration Inspector).  Third time we came with ds, dd1 and dd2 was born a year later and we were at McClellan AFB, also closed, in Sacramento area.

DH and I both took a class at Cal State Long Beach and then ds took a class for gifted kids at Cal State Sacramento.

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 2

Readinmom, congratulations to your dd!!

SKL, I'm sorry you have to deal with all that while in your home! 

My BIL is home, and now my sister has a stomach virus! She thinks she wore herself out going back and forth to the hospital. They have a dog that can't be left too long. The hospital floors were really hard on her back, too.  I told her that if I need to come help to let me know. 

We've had a great day with dd. Christmas in February was just as fun!