Menu

Biblically accurate Angel cookies

Terabith

So, the bottom two are the wheel angels.  The top one HAD six wings.  In a shocking turn of events, neither amazon nor etsy sells six winged seraphim cookie cutters.  (I know, unbelievable, right?)  So I used a gingerbread woman as the base and cut out six wings that I cut from the dragon cookie cutter and attached them to my gingerbread woman.  But they spread in the oven and then when I put the frosting on, you really couldn't tell.  So I need to rethink my seraphim.

I was going to use orange frosting to simulate fire, but I was out of food coloring.  

Next time.  

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Terabith said:

So, the bottom two are the wheel angels.  The top one HAD six wings.  In a shocking turn of events, neither amazon nor etsy sells six winged seraphim cookie cutters.  (I know, unbelievable, right?)  So I used a gingerbread woman as the base and cut out six wings that I cut from the dragon cookie cutter and attached them to my gingerbread woman.  But they spread in the oven and then when I put the frosting on, you really couldn't tell.  So I need to rethink my seraphim.

I was going to use orange frosting to simulate fire, but I was out of food coloring.  

Next time.  

@Terabith, you are the BOMB! Words fail to express how awesome this is! 😄

[Similarly, the only emojis with wings max out at 4 wings, not 6...]

🧚‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Next time.  

“I need to rethink my seraphim”—NATLBSB

(Not a tag line, but should be.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Lori D. said:

Also, don't forget the first thing the heavenly messengers always have to say:

"FEAR NOT!"

😂

Yeah, it kind of gives one more insight into why they have to yell, "FEAR NOT!"  

It also makes, "The Lord is with you," sound a bit more like a threat.  

My husband says they should say, "I am not the Body of Christ, so don't eat me!"

• Haha 7

I'm now realizing that we are all overlooking the big picture question, which is: "What does Terabith need seraphim cookies for????"

And then the obvious follow-up question: "Are these seraphim cookies needed to appease (or intimidate!) the monolith and/or Putin's brother...?"

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

I'm now realizing that we are all overlooking the big picture question, which is: "What does Terabith need seraphim cookies for????"

And then the obvious follow-up question: "Are these seraphim cookies needed to appease (or intimidate!) the monolith and/or Putin's brother...?"

Exactly what I was thinking!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

This was more of a "I wonder if I could do this" baking challenge.  

Although, I'm not sure I can bring myself to eat the angels, so maybe a monolith sacrifice would be appropriate?

• Like 1