Menu

Komm mit! German curriculum

Has anyone used Komm mit! German curriculum?  Or is there something else I should look at?   I am looking for a program that I can use with Dd15 next school year.  I would love to find something with a teacher's guide, student text, and student workbook.  I would be doing this with my student, and I would be reading from the teacher's guide.  (I'm comfortable with pronouncing the language).  I can't seem to find anything like this specifically written for the homeschool market. 

I've successfully used Memoria Press's curricula for French, Greek, and Latin, and love how they are laid out so that one doesn't need to know the language well in order to facilitate the program.  I've also used BJU's French 1 and 2 in this way, and it worked fine.  Neither of these companies offers a German program, however. Help?

That is the series my DD is using with CLRC German classes. It's pretty similar to what I had years ago in high school. Unfortunately, I can't help you too much as I haven't done it with her. The workbook is taken directly from the text. I've prepped with her for quizzes and tests, and one thing I noticed is sometimes the text is a little out of date vocabulary wise (CD's, etc). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am interested in answers to this question, too.

We are just using Deutsche Welle's Nicos Weg. It's an online course, and beautifully done, though it's really aimed at young professionals who will be living in Germany. We're still in the first set of lessons. This won't cut it for long, though. There are exercises included, but it doesn't build to mastery. It would be great if you were living in Germany and using it daily.

I also have a German grammar that has exercises built in and a partial answer key at the back. It's called "German Quickly: A Grammar for Reading German." 

What I will need is something to bridge the gap between these two very different kinds of resources.

BTW, this is a look inside Klett, which is what WTMA uses Livebook (klett-sprachen.de). I don't know anything about their courses.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the textbook used by our local public school for German. In fact, I think a DS is in one of the pictures in a newer edition because he met the author when he was in Germany. If you can get the Teacher's Edition and have some German language background, it may work, but it is written as a public school textbook.

• Like 1