Menu

Site Way Too Slow

Slache

Hi, Slache--I'm sorry to hear that.  If you will send some info to the support team at support@welltrainedmind.com, that might help us figure this out.  Please let us know what device/OS and browser you are using (eg. iPhone/Safari or Windows/chrome).  

The last time this happened to me in my civilian account, I cleared my cache, and it took care of it.  Magic.  Here is a link that tells how to do this, if you want to give this a try.  

https://support.welltrainedmind.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000887167-How-to-clear-your-cache

Here is the method I have found to be most effective to avoid being timed out trying to load -

Rather than hitting the "New Content" button, click on the bell (not lightbulb, oops) list of notifications, click on any notification, once that loads, scroll up and click the "New" button.

Somehow that process seems to wake up communications and loads the new page in a timely fashion. If you get distracted and spend time reading the thread where your notification takes you, you may need to repeat the process.

ETA: sometimes my web tab is already showing the blank page of timed out and there is nothing I can do to get it to reload. In that case I navigate to the WTM site, log in, then navigate back to the forum.

Edited by SusanC
another option, neither is painless.
  • Like 1

Oh, me too! I actually thought the site was down for about a week, because I never got a response from the bookmark I’ve used for *years*, which goes to my content stream. One day I just went to the regular home page, and that worked. So now I have a new bookmark. But yes, my content steam is painfully slow loading and times out still.

1 hour ago, kand said:

What’s the lightbulb list of notifications? And which new button? I’ve had this problem a long time as well. 

On your phone, the three horizontal bars at the top of the page where the notification symbol shows up, if you tap that a bell (not a lightbulb, sorry) appears as an option.

The "new content" button looks like a newspaper, also at the top of the page. If you tap that you get a listing of all the new content on the forum in one list, rather than looking at the individual boards separately.

40 minutes ago, Helpdesk said:

I'll get our tech support team onto this. Susan sent a helpful description to support@welltrainedmind.com and so i will use her description there to send to tech support.  

Did anyone try clearing their cache?  

Thank you.

Helpdesk

I cleared everything for well trained mind, with no change. Using iPhone... I haven’t been on any other platforms to compare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

I'll get our tech support team onto this. Susan sent a helpful description to support@welltrainedmind.com and so i will use her description there to send to tech support.  

Did anyone try clearing their cache?  

Thank you.

Helpdesk

Yes, no change. I dropped it thinking I was the only one.

• Thanks 1

The forum developer said that this is an issue they are aware of, and it should be corrected in our next major release, but I do not have a timeframe for when that will happen.

Here is a temporary workaround:  Click the "Mark Site Read" link at the top right of the page; this will speed the loading.  Note: it will reset everything on the site to "read" state, even things you haven't technically "read." 

(I know everyone uses the site and the features differently, but when I had a civilian account, I clicked "Mark Site Read" at the end of almost every session.  I felt like I was "done" and I could walk away. So to me, this solution is fine, but for others, it will be more annoying.  YMMV re: how OK you are with this option...but at least the problem is in the queue to be fixed. --Helpdesk)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...