Menu

Update first post

Scarlett

I’m praying, too. I’m so sorry. Forget about “tough love” in this moment. Just LOVE. I hope your niece feels the love and prayers on her behalf right now. These situations are never black and white. I’m praying that she knows the love of her family, the peace and comfort and forgiveness and grace of God. Praying for her safety. Lord Jesus be with your whole family. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry.   Kids make bad decisions, parents make bad decisions, but placing blame at this point is not going to help anyone.

praying she is found safe.

ps:  I do know of a dad who put a tracker on his grown daughter's car.   He had reason to be concerned.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

My sister and her other children have been begging her Xh to exercise some tough love with the girl and take the car away. But tonight I am not interested in blaming anyone.....,I just want her to not be dead.   

I've had some very troubled loved ones as well. It's so hard on their parents to know what to do since they are adults. It's impossible to just watch it play out, but so hard to help. Prayers. Keep us updated. Shame on anyone acting like there is nothing wrong here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Last I heard from my sister was close to midnight.  The police had 9 patrol cars on the side of the interstate.  They were going through her car.  Surely if they were driving the car of a missing woman and the plates had been switched out they will take them to jail right?  

I haven’t called my sister yet in case there is any chance she is sleeping.  I got about 2 hours of sleep and the dreams were horrific.  On top of all of this our dad has been Iin the hospital for two weeks.  My poor sister.  

Edited by Scarlett
  • Sad 25

35 minutes ago, J-rap said:

I'm so sorry...  If they're thinking she might still be in the apartment complex, could a group of people (family members, friends?) go door-knocking there, loudly calling out her name and asking her to please come out so they know she's okay?  

I am hoping  the police went to whatever apartment the people came out of who were stopped in her car.  But I don’t know anything this morning.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I am desperately trying to imagine a reason someone would change her plates.  

if they are worried that her dad called it in stolen, OR if they are involved in stolen cars and needed a plate to put on the stolen one, etc. 

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Her sister is on SM and there is zero activity on the missing girls page.  

They need to message all her friends and ask who has seen her - that she isn't in trouble but they are worried

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I don’t know., does that require a warrant?   

The police offered to tow the vehicle, but her dad declined....he prefers the car stay put at this complex praying she is inside and will come out and get in her car soon.  He and his younger daughter are waiting outside in a friends car praying she comes out.  

Um, why are they not knocking on doors looking for her?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

if they are worried that her dad called it in stolen, OR if they are involved in stolen cars and needed a plate to put on the stolen one, etc. 

They need to message all her friends and ask who has seen her - that she isn't in trouble but they are worried

I don't know a lot really.  My understanding it is a very large complex in a very bad area of the city.  So I don't know it would have been a good idea for her dad and her 17 year old sister to go knocking on doors.  They stayed near her car in a car they borrowed so they wouldn't be recognized.   And they were in contact with the police from their town who had contacted the city police on their behalf.  As soon as someone got in her car her dad called the police and they stopped it.  That is all I know for now.  I just texted my sister and she is trying to find out something this morning but I don't think she has been located yet.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

45 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Yes, but in conjunction with her also missing I don't think it is a good thing.  The car was at a mall for about an hour before her dad could get in to the city.  Then it went back to the same complex and that is where he found it with switched out plates.  

• Like 2

I am just praying she was located and is safe in her dad's house this morning.  But I doubt it.  I think her sister would have contacted my sister. 

She just told me last night they were working on getting a search warrant for the guy's phone.  So it sounds like he was arrested when stopped in her car and that the police are taking it seriously.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

I'm sorry people are picking on you, Scarlett.  You are right to be terrified for your niece.  I'd consider a tracker if it were my car, too, given how it was being used.  I will pray for her, that she is found safe.  And that her parents will be able to love her through thus, so that she comes out while on the other side.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BusyMom5 said:

I'm sorry people are picking on you, Scarlett.  You are right to be terrified for your niece.  I'd consider a tracker if it were my car, too, given how it was being used.  I will pray for her, that she is found safe.  And that her parents will be able to love her through thus, so that she comes out while on the other side.  

Thank you.  She has a habit of only texting her parents and not calling them.  My sister tried to call her 2 nights ago so she could hear her voice but she wouldn't answer except text.  Thankfully she had dinner with her dad night Sunday night so we know she was alive then. And THANK GOD he was able to put that tracker on or we would not have this time line to know when she went missing.  Oh and I don't know if I mentioned after the naked picture was sent her phone was shut off.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I am so sorry. I can’t even imagine. 

Holding you all in the light. 

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I googled this morning.....you would be surprised how many young women go missing.  😞  Y'all she has put herself in such dangerous circumstances that we have feared something really bad was going to happen to her.  I am so scared this is the time.  

And this is why I would have no qualms about putting a tracker on my car if my kid (esp my daughter) had a pattern of making those same type of choices. 

(I’ve already told my 18-yo....if you’re legally an adult but still financially dependent *and* making dangerous choices, my subsequent decisions will be those of a parent raising a troubled dependent, not peer-to-peer.)

Edited by Happy2BaMom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

And some thug had contacted my 17 year old niece threatening harm if the 19 year old didn't pay up what she owed.  But he worded it nice and vague and the police said it wasn't enough.  That was a few weeks ago.  This girl gets herself in such messes I can't keep up with them. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I'm guessing someone took the car as payment then, and she's hopefully just embarrassed/scared to tell her dad. Or it was stolen while she was drunk/high and same, embarrassed to tell him. 

Then why won't the guy in her car tell the cops where she is?  

• Sad 2

I have not read all the post so I’m sorry if my post is not current. I hope she is found safe. I totally understood what you meant by “dancing and all that goes with it.” I would be terribly worried, too. 
I do not believe in “tough love.” I think it is a ridiculous concept. 

• Like 11

Just now, Quill said:

I have not read all the post so I’m sorry if my post is not current. I hope she is found safe. I totally understood what you meant by “dancing and all that goes with it.” I would be terribly worried, too. 
I do not believe in “tough love.” I think it is a ridiculous concept. 

My sister just got off the phone with the detectives.  She has still not been located.  Detectives are trying to get with the patrol officers who pulled the guy over.  I don't know what is going on.  Getting my info from my sister who is not communicating very well right now.  

• Sad 11

5 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Because it is in the man's best interest to give the police as little info as possible in most situations since he likely isn't squeaky clean in the issue if it really is something like she did willingly give him the car.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hjffkj said:

Because it is in the man's best interest to give the police as little info as possible in most situations since he likely isn't squeaky clean in the issue if it really is something like she did willingly give him the car.

I don't know.  If she willingly let him drive the car why would the plates be changed?  She wouldn't ask her dad for money and then completely disappear, turn off her phone, not come home etc...

And the naked picture was taken sometime around Christmas....I guess it was taken at her dad's house and he can tell from the back ground when it was.  She could have sent it to someone......but how would they have her dad's number to send it to her dad?  Unless they have her phone.  

This is just not good IMO.  I hope I am wrong and she is just sleeping it off somewhere.

• Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

If he stole the car, he wouldn't know where she is. Or he may just not know, even if she gave it to him. That could have happened at th mall, or at a party, and he has no idea where she went later. 

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

If he stole the car, he wouldn't know where she is. Or he may just not know, even if she gave it to him. That could have happened at th mall, or at a party, and he has no idea where she went later. 

Ok, help me think through what you are saying.....she texts her dad at 1:00 a.m for money to get home. (which the dad doesn't hear)  And then a random person sends a text of her naked to her dad at 2:00 a.m. which he does hear and immediately  begins calling her to see where she is and how he can help her.  But she doesn't answer.  I don't see how that fits into she is just at a party and he just happened to steal her car.  But what do I know. I have never been involved in anything even remotely like what she is.  

• Sad 2