Menu

Favorite hand cream? Not too greasy, no strong scent

I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream before bed. It's lovely, but too greasy to use right before touching my computer during the day. I got some Dionis goat milk handcreams at Costco for everyone's stockings (helping Santa out). It's nice and creamy and not too greasy, but oh, the perfume!! Why did they have to go and put so much scent in it??? I do get eczema breakouts on a few fingers on my left hand and some creams I will find irritating. Like I don't use the scented one during a breakout. So, what do you like that's creamy, non-greasy, and good for sensitive skin? Something you can put on right before using your computer?

31 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream before bed. 

Love this too, but why is it only available in the small tubes?

O'Keefe's working hands is actually pretty good.  I finally tried my husband's. 

• Like 1

St Ives Hand & Body Lotion in Coconut & Orchid Softening formula. It does have a very light scent but I like it and my mom (who is very annoyed by most scents) even complimented me on it when she was visiting. It’s thicker than most lotions but not as greasy as a hand cream. It sinks right in and stops the dry skin feeling without feeling oily afterwards.  I don’t like the packaging so I usually decant it into a prettier one. 

• Like 2

Another CeraVe fan.  If you have problems with eczema, I would recommend not using any scented products , even when your skin isn't flaring.  The scent in products can trigger a flare.   I just bought some Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion and I really like it.  I bet the cream version would work well for dry hands.

ETA:  Look for fragrance free, not unscented. DD18 gets flares even with "unscented" products because they contain a masking scent to make it smell like unscented.

Edited by LuvToRead
  • Like 2

I've noticed an improvement in my eczema patches since using CeraVe moisturizing cream after my showers. I carry a tube of Gold Bond healing with aloe in my purse and at my work desk. The two seem to help and I don't find the scents overwhelming.

• Like 2

Coming back to add another thought to my rec above. I’ve used cerave cream in the tub for YEARS and have the big tub with the pump in my bathroom. But I just recently discovered that they do make the cream in a tube (for purse/travel). They have a purse size hand cream size, then a bigger tube also. 

• Like 1

I definitely want a cream in a tube. I will look for Cerave on the next Target run. I do use the Aveeno with oatmeal lotion after I shower, and I have a tub of Eucerin cream as my face moisturizer which is great (NOT for people who breakout, but that's not my issue). But I want a cream in a tube for my hands--something easy to have at my desk or take to school when we're back in the building washing our hands or using hand sanitizer 17 times a day. Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Like 1

I like to alternate between CeraVe and Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion (the blue pump bottle).

My go to for nighttime is Vaseline with Cocoa Butter, but that doesn't fit your non-greasy requirement for general use. I will use it during the day on dry patches and around my nails because nothing else works as well for me. Plus I like that it's cheap. 

• Like 1

I have been using Everyone, Nourishing Unscented, comes in a baby blue squeeze bottle. Nice that there is not a scent and it is just right for use after every hand wash. But I am glad for the above suggestions as well and will have to try some of them.  

• Like 1

I like the Jergen’s Ultra Healing. It does have a light scent, but it doesn’t bother me and I’m super picky about scents. Mainly I like how it feels after I put it on. It soaks in well and doesn’t feel oily or greasy. 

• Like 2

Another vote for Cerave cream. I used to use Gold Bond Healing, but found that sometimes older tubes would develop an odor. I switched to Cerave (almost all our skin care is Cerave -- face wash, face lotion, hand cream, etc). 

• Like 2