Menu

ACT prep

I am sure this question gets asks many times...but for some reason the search isn't working for me right now....so I am just going to ask it again...

I have read that not all practice ACT tests are created equal....so how do I know which ones are the best to use?  Where do I go?  We are currently working through the "black book for ACT prep" and using the "red book" (no dates on front) for tests...but the 3 tests included in the book are actually used for instruction purposes and I want to have more practice tests that my son can do on his own to see if the instruction made sense or stuck to his brain molecules. 

So, where can I go to get official practice...not impostors? 

thanks. 

• Like 2

Each of the tests has a particular number assigned.  There are two editions of the black book; it might be worth seeing if you can find the one you don't have and the specific official red book that goes with it.  Also, some red books have five tests.  Again, each test has a number, and the books with five may include the same tests as the books with three, plus two more.  You might want to check with your library to see if there are books with tests you don't have.

8 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Thank you! One of the commenters mentioned that the book she bought was the wrong one but I could not find this one for some reason!

you are welcome.  If you are using this with the black book, just know that the only part of the red book you will use are the 3 tests that are in the book. We didn't even look at the rest of the red book....we just worked through the black book. 

• Like 1