Menu

Lee Binz?

Hi! 

I am in the process of figuring out high school and transcript stuff and I saw Lee Binz's name mentioned recently in a previous post. Her name is new to me, but from the sound of the post, it seems people consider her a solid source for accurate and reliable advice on transcript and college stuff. I would love to know more! I looked her up on Amazon and she has quite a few options for sale. Do you ladies recommend any of her titles in particular?

Likewise, if there are any other people or books you would recommend on this topic, feel free to share. (I have heard of Ann Karako and Heather Woodie and plan to check out their offerings, but would welcome as many additional recommendations as you have, as I am in the information-gathering stage!) Thanks so much!

I guess like all things it depends on what you are after. She gives good advice for doing transcripts and course descriptions and she does try to make the whole process achievable.
My only thing is sometimes I feel she sets the bar a bit low and depending on your kid, you can find out that that advise will not serve them well. 
like a pp mentioned, sign up for her free webinars and attend a few and then decide for yourself. 

• Like 2

Her "Coffee Break" books are often offered for free. I did not find most of her info helpful,  but that is because the Hive is a much bigger wealth of wisdom. I disagreed with how she suggested to do some things (her suggested course descriptions were too lengthy, IMO & I don't think just because your kid passes a CLEP exam, you should call that subject an honors class). But free is free... Her advice was worth what I paid for it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RootAnn said:

Her "Coffee Break" books are often offered for free. I did not find most of her info helpful,  but that is because the Hive is a much bigger wealth of wisdom. I disagreed with how she suggested to do some things (her suggested course descriptions were too lengthy, IMO & I don't think just because your kid passes a CLEP exam, you should call that subject an honors class). But free is free... Her advice was worth what I paid for it.

I got emails from her for a couple years. I had the same feeling: she didn’t offer anything I couldn’t get here for free. I also felt like her academic bar was significantly lower than I was aiming for.

• Like 5

As others have said, try the free seminars. I've attended a few over the years and found them to be useful. I am not planning on paying for her services but she is a good source of info, especially if you are starting out with the documentation process. Follow her on Facebook for little tips also.

• Like 3