Menu

Please pray

Janeway

No miracles. He died a couple hours ago. 

I am wondering....I took him some movies and cookies in a plastic bag on Jan 2. He went in to the hospital Jan 14. I wonder if this is my fault. I usually wipe everything down before handing over, but did not this time. Anyone know? It was a plastic grocery bag. 

• Sad 24

2 minutes ago, Janeway said:

I am wondering....I took him some movies and cookies in a plastic bag on Jan 2. He went in to the hospital Jan 14. I wonder if this is my fault. I usually wipe everything down before handing over, but did not this time. Anyone know? It was a plastic grocery bag. 

I’m so sorry 😢😢😢!!  

DH and I are taking care of 3 elderly parents and are being really careful.  In all honesty, I DO NOT think your giving him stuff caused him to get Covid!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Janeway said:

No, this is so unlikely it’s not even worth considering.  Especially if others in his nursing home also have Covid, I am sure he caught it through airborne transmission. 

I am very sorry for your loss.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 7

It's normal to try to reason "how" we could lose someone we love so dearly.  I remember when my mom died that I felt I should have done more, done something differently, stayed with her longer, encouraged her to eat more or drink less water or really anything and everything.  Your whole world has changed in an instant and it just doesn't make sense, but you're not to blame.  I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you are in at this moment. hugs.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, East Coast Sue said:

It's normal to try to reason "how" we could lose someone we love so dearly.  I remember when my mom died that I felt I should have done more, done something differently, stayed with her longer, encouraged her to eat more or drink less water or really anything and everything.  Your whole world has changed in an instant and it just doesn't make sense, but you're not to blame.  I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you are in at this moment. hugs.

I did the same thing when I lost my mom!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Janeway said:

I’m so sorry for your loss

Surface transmission risk is so low this is most likely impossible.  Far more likely to have been transmitted through personal contact.  Definitely not your fault.  

• Like 1