Menu

Tackling Thursday Together

mom31257

Good morning! 

I was supposed to try and sleep in this morning, but Callie, our outside cat,  started scratching at a door around 5:30. I got up and fed her, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I've had some decaf coffee and done the bible study groups. 

• meals
  • school with ds
  • more co-op class prep
  • tutor one student in person
  • pack up for co-op 
  • watch the Northern Lights event on Facebook
  • Like 4

Good morning! Woke up early, early thinking. I hate it when that happens!

I’ve made kids’ b’fast and coffee, tidied the school area, and printed some graph paper.

Today:

• Telehealth appt for Ds. 
  • Lesson prep and log yesterday’s tutoring sessions.
  • Set a time for tomorrow’s tutoring.
  • Continue working on laptop with not-working parental controls. Email screen shots to tech people.
  • AHG tonight! Take food drive food that Dd collected.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning Amy! Happy Thursday all!  

Been a busy week this week but it has been busy at home so it's felt really productive and great!

Today:
Coffee
Bible
Band together with the children, do a quick pick-up.
Shower
Run DD17 and DD14 to class

Morning school will be a wash today because oldest DD is bring the grandbabies & the new puppy while they have some electrical work done to their house!  Hooray for babies and puppies!!!

Friends and a plumber are coming today to fine tune the bathroom remodel plans! I'm SO anxious about doing this big, permanent thing.  Yipes!
Pick up girls and try to get some school done
DD14 has mock trial practice (there, back, there, back)

Supper: Burgers on the grill - nothing says balmy 35 degree Iowa weather like lighting up the grill! 😉 

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 4

Good Morning, all! 

Today I need to:
...follow up on the life insurance thing; the guy never wrote back  :sigh:
...have more coffee
...grade papers, finish prepping printables for next week
...prep/print everything for the 4 yr old tomorrow
...meal plan for the week
...grocery shop
...cut/sew sashing strips for the current project
...call the not-so-close quilt shop and ask about sewing machines -- DH is pitching in so I can upgrade
...research the machine(s) that I'm thinking about and see which one I want (depending on price difference, etc.)
...lunch -- leftovers
....dinnner -- whatever I meal plan for tonight
....after dinner -- last episode of season 1 of Shannara Chronicles (finally)

I feel like maybe I'm forgetting something......so, whatever that is, too. 

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Thursday!

Still plugging along on the new and old January deadlines.  I turned around one task that I'd promised "overnight," and sent an email buying a little time on another one.  I have about 100 other things that should ideally be done already ....

My kids are back to hybrid school.  Here's hoping it lasts this time.  I don't love getting up earlier and worrying about everyone being out the door on time, but it's so much better for them than sitting alone all day.

Done:

• Lots of alarms & snoozes & temporary wake-ups.
  • Finally got up & motivated about 6am ish.
  • Kids up about 6:45.  Thankfully, they were motivated enough to be ready & in the car by 7:40 despite my continuing to work.
  • Sent out a client project, yay!!  And did a few other work things.
  • Packed kids' breakfast.
  • Drove kids to school, on time, yay!
  • Working on coffee 2?
  • Talked to sister re mom's health.
  • Caught up on news, calendar, emails, social media & checked kids' grades.

To do:

• Lots more client work.
  • More coffee.
  • Call school about summer option?
  • Pick up kids from wherever they go after school.
  • Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Make the kids do homework, practice instruments, get ready for tomorrow's school.
  • Really want to get a little walking done!
  • Might need to do some laundry.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

Thanks for the prayers for my dad! All his blood work was great, and the CT scan only showed a really bad sinus infection. He did say he had some dizziness. He is with my older sister, and she says he's almost back to normal. He is staying with her a a couple of days to see that the medicine is working, and then he wants to go back home. The fall really rattled him mentally. She brought up the idea of a medic alert system, and he wasn't opposed to it. We will see if he might agree to one. 

• Like 4

Realized that Ds finished the leftovers I'd intended for dinner tonight. 
Made leftover rotisserie chx into taco filling, made rice, got black beans out of the freezer.
Electronic chores.

Next up:
box old dishes for thrift ✔️ 
load food pantry items into my car ✔️ 
start some laundry ✔️ 
shower
walk? not a nice day, but I need the frsh air and exercise.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Scout, that happens a lot at our house, too! (the boy eating the food)

Got the meal plan and grocery list made. 

Finished the coffee. 

Checked on the cat, who was behaving like a lunatic. Not sure what's up, but nothing seems amiss, so.....? 

Tackling the real stuff now (and eating breakfast....) before going to the store.....

• Like 4

also researched the one sewing machine, and man, it sounds good. Need to call the other place, see what they have/offer, and compare. 

Dh is ready to go to the store, so will do other stuff after that. 

Oh, and,ha, the thing I was forgetting?? School. You know, with my own kid. Oops. So, also that. sewing will likely wait till tomorrow.....

• Like 2

Done:

budget for next pay period

trip to bank to get mortgage recast docs notarized 

trip to post office —took the dog with me for her daily drive

put chicken out to thaw

To do:

continue work on kitchen 

deliver some items to church

take nap. It’s so dreary here.

• Like 4

graded papers

started my "prep for printables" but Word & my laptop are not getting along again -- may need to break down and buy the current version :sigh: 

went grocery shopping, put away groceries, ate lunch/fed kids lunch

got everyone started on school

taking a nap, letting the computer rest, will resume work after that (cannot do the school prep w/o letting the computer rest due to the word issue anyway)

• Like 3

took a nap

got the homework charts for DS, including found out some stuff he was missing for Biology; I feel bad, b/c he asked me about those very items, and I said, "what, no, surely we turned those in? those are from unit 6....."  (we hadn't; I guess these were things he was supposed to have scanned in that we never did. oops). 

helping oldest DS figure out the library card access thing for his class/videos for one of his classes; he had it all sorted except selecting the "local library" 

emailed the biology teacher to let her know I'd dig out the missing papers, and that it was my fault, and also found an email I needed to reply to in the deleted folder, so took care of that. 

heading up to do school with DS now, then back to work.....

• Like 3

Scout and Reader, my boy doesn't care for leftovers of most anything, so I've never had that happen here. He would rather make some ramen noodles or eat a bag of popcorn. 

Tutoring is done. 

Working on final co-op prep. (printing stuff off now, need to write out specifics on the chemistry test review)

• Like 2

took one hour nap that was interupted by 3 phone calls--all of which I declined lol

sowed some cover crop/green manure seeds in my garden area

have made zero progress in the kitchen today. I'm most productive at night, so I'll get back to it later.

• Like 2

Got today's school done with DS

Found his missing Biology work, sent that in, after which DH announced he's really not fond of the Biology class and could we drop him, and he (DH) will take over teaching DS Biology....? 

Texted my mom, who I now need to call

have *still* not done my prep work (well, some but not all), so need to do that, but as it's dinner(ish) time, punting that till tomorrow, which means my sewing time will get punted further till Saturday; luckily there is no D&D this week, and football is not until Sunday (the game we care about, anyway)

• Like 3

I am SO CLOSE to finishing the great kitchen purge of 2021! 

Tonight I found homes for the few things I had left out and purged my spice collection. All that is left is to box up the give away items. Some things are going to friends at church, but most will go to Goodwill.

• Like 1