Menu

I left a nasty review on yelp

gardenmom5

about the office staff at the large counseling clinic where the idiot cancelled my appointment, and gave my slot to someone else.

with office staff like that - the counseling staff's competence is irrelevant.

Part of me wants an apology at the very least.  I'm not holding my breath.

• Sad 5

ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you. 

I left one once on a large chain (location specific) where DH and I went in to shop for new wedding bands.....the salesgirl helping us went to get rings to show us, someone else came back with them, said she had to take her break and asked him to fill in......then she returned to the floor to help other customers. It was weird and we left, figuring if they didn't want to serve us/assist us, we didn't want to give them our business. 

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, TheReader said:

ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you. 

I left one once on a large chain (location specific) where DH and I went in to shop for new wedding bands.....the salesgirl helping us went to get rings to show us, someone else came back with them, said she had to take her break and asked him to fill in......then she returned to the floor to help other customers. It was weird and we left, figuring if they didn't want to serve us/assist us, we didn't want to give them our business. 

I went to a higher end home appliance center looking at dishwashers.  I was pretty much ignored, and finally had to ask for help. the girl kept directing me to cheaper dishwashers that did not meet what I asked for.  I sent an email to the store directly letting them know how poorly we were treated.  I also let them know my fridge gave out right after this (we had to replace the kitchen floor - and apparently it didn't like being moved.) - so that was two major appliances we didn't buy from them.  the manager wrote back, apologized, and offered to help me himself.

when I was a teen, I was at brass plum shoes in downtown seattle, being helped with the shoes I choose. (the shoes were on the stretcher) They got a phone call there was a mom coming up from women's shoes with her daughter. ALL the sales people were pulled off their customers to *deal* (an understatement) with this woman.  Right up there with Lady de Bourgh for overbearing - but not nearly  as polite or gracious.  (ifkwim).  As I was sitting there - waiting for my salesgirl to come back - she demanded to know what I was doing there.  I really missed my chance to say I was buying a hat.  I felt sorry for her daughter.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Farrar said:

That's what Yelp is totally for. Honestly, it often makes a difference for small businesses too.

Yes but please everyone be sure to leave good reviews when warranted too!  People often do not think to leave a review after a good experience, but are quick to do so for a bad one.

(I am NOT saying that gardenmom5 or anyone in particular here does that. It's just a general comment.)

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, marbel said:

Yes but please everyone be sure to leave good reviews when warranted too!  People often do not think to leave a review after a good experience, but are quick to do so for a bad one.

(I am NOT saying that gardenmom5 or anyone in particular here does that. It's just a general comment.)

This is a good point, and I do that, as well.

I also learned from small business owner friends, leave good reviews on Google as it actually impacts their search results, not just in google but on google maps, too; they are more likely to display places with good reviews (for instance, if you search "restaurant near me" or what have you). I had no idea about that! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marbel said:

I do that too.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 9:30 AM, TheReader said:

This is a good point, and I do that, as well.

I also learned from small business owner friends, leave good reviews on Google as it actually impacts their search results, not just in google but on google maps, too; they are more likely to display places with good reviews (for instance, if you search "restaurant near me" or what have you). I had no idea about that! 

I am always leaving good reviews on Google maps and apparently my reviews are helpful.

• Like 3