Menu

Tackling Wednesday Together

mom31257

Howdy, happy Wednesday!

I woke up early and got a couple work things out, yay!  Here's hoping I stay on task and get a lot caught up today.

Done:

• Went to bed early, tried to get up early ... did get up earlier than usual.
  • Working on coffee 2?
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, checked the kids' grades.
  • Sent out 2 important work items.

To do:

• Take out the garbage.
  • Wake the kids for school.
  • Send an iteration (or more) of work to our foreign data people.
  • House cleaning that's getting too behind.
  • Shower & hair wash.
  • Dentist (me).
  • Lots more client work.
  • Would like to do some exercise....
  • Make the kids get their homework done, practice instruments, & get things ready for in-person school tomorrow!
  • Laundry.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 3

Good morning! 

Get chx out of freezer

• Wake kids
  • Coffee and b’fast
  • Pick up raw milk, then WM grocery order.
  • Sign Ds up for a couple of short, inexpensive, sports camps. A couple hrs a day for a week. One for football receivers and one for shooting in bball. 
  • See if I can figure out why the parental control software on one laptop is not working. 
  • Lesson prep.
  • Tutor two students, in person. 
  • AHG things.
  • Pay for Dd’s dance class semester. It’s in Zoom, but still a good workout and better than nothing. Nope. Need to wait until payday.

Dinner is chx stir fry, I think. 

Listen to The Literary Life podcast tonight. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mom31257 said:

Scout, I saw your post that you grew up in Dayton. Dh grew up in Middletown. Have you read Hillbilly Elegy or seen the Netflix movie? His family is one of those who moved there from Kentucky. 

Yes, I read the book. A captivating story. Amazing how hard it can be to break out of the culture we grow up in. 
My paternal grandparents moved there from Indiana when my grandfather got a job with Frigidaire, then GM. My mom's parents lived in Columbus. 

My step mother's family were somewhat better off thyan Vance's, but from the same rural poor KY culture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Yes, I read the book. A captivating story. Amazing how hard it can be to break out of the culture we grow up in. 
My paternal grandparents moved there from Indiana when my grandfather got a job with Frigidaire, then GM. My mom's parents lived in Columbus. 

My step mother's family were somewhat better off thyan Vance's, but from the same rural poor KY culture.

Yes, it can be hard to do. Darin's grandfather got a job at AK Steel, so they were better off than in KY. Dh's dad worked there and did well. They were serious Christians, so that helped a lot I think. 

• Like 1

Dinner was Zaxbys tonight because my kitchen is still a mess from the big purge. 

Made a few phone calls regarding mortgage recast, carpet installation at our student property, notary public at bank branch. 

Paid bills.

Otherwise, I’ve been working on the kitchen. I’m pretty excited about how it’s going to function when I’m finished. It’s taking longer than I anticipated. Sometimes I have to just stop and stare for a long time at empty cabinets trying to figure out what to put where. A couple of years ago, I went on a tour of several homes of ladies who own a home organization business. It was very helpful, and I’m trying to put their ideas in to practice in my own kitchen. 

I really can’t believe how bad I let it get. Oh wait...yes I can. 😂

• Like 1