Menu

Candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina explodes - I have so many questions

Terabith

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/01/gwyneth-paltrow-goop-vagina-candle-exploded-inferno-sparks

Question 1) Why do they have a candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina?

2) Why would anyone buy this?

3) And especially, who would pay $75 for it?

4) How does a candle explode?

5) Why would Goop think the woman wants another product after their previous one tried to set her house on fire?

6) Who does the research to determine what Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina smells like and how to reproduce it in candle form?  

• Haha 12

I've long been of the opinion that Gwyneth is so 'enlightened' as to be willing to lend her name to anything that provides either cash or publicity or both. And, in today's media-saturated environment, a (supposedly) vagina-scented candle is a certain way to rise about the fray.

Said as a member of the usually-crunchy-&-holistic crowd.

ETA: Made the mistake of starting to read the article. Had to stop after this (2nd paragraph, I think):

"Paltrow's debut $75 candle in her collaboration with Heretic sold out within a matter of hours last year, prompting her to launch a second yoni-centric scent this summer—“This Smells Like My Orgasm."

🤢🤮🤮

Edited by Happy2BaMom
  • Haha 3