Menu

Very important political questions

Terabith

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Right.  There's lots of articles about how they're GOING to get a cat.  But none about them actually doing so.  Have they not adopted one yet?  Maybe they want a DC cat and not a Delaware cat?  

Not yet. Or at least not according to the latest articles I've read.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

It makes sense to wait instead of getting and quickly moving a cat.

I do think it does a powerful man good to step in the occasional wet hair ball.

That does make sense.  

But dangit, I want a presidential cat!  It's been a long time.

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

Right.  There's lots of articles about how they're GOING to get a cat.  But none about them actually doing so.  Have they not adopted one yet?  Maybe they want a DC cat and not a Delaware cat?  

Probably a good idea: a DC cat will have a naturally better transition to the presidential life. This cat must be ready to meet the high expectations of being the true ruler of the White House  -- though being only the Cat in Chief instead of His Royal Meow may sting a bit, depending on the breed. Keeping dogs in check without losing the aloofness befitting his position... I'm not saying a Delaware cat couldn't do it, as much as they may not be as inclined to be as politique about it.

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

They'll have to choose carefully. Major, their youngest dog, is only two and certainly seems to still have a lot of puppy in him. They'll want a super confident, calm cat to teach him that cats rule. 😉 

Also one they can be confident won’t sharpen his claws on the priceless antiques.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Does Bill cultivate dandelions? 'Cause that is awesome.

I send my children out to deliberately spread as many dandelions as possible throughout our lawn every year.  After 12 years here, we've gotten quite the dense collection of dandelions.  (And our poor neighbors have a crop, too.  They're not so pleased.)  But I want to make the bees happy, and dandelions are an easy way to do that.  And they're so fun and happy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The only proper way to get a cat is to have one walk in your house after you've cooked dinner and demand food and optionally cuddles.

Any other method is cheating.

(This is the exact method we used to get all our cats. It's really amazing how often this happens to us!)

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

The only proper way to get a cat is to have one walk in your house after you've cooked dinner and demand food and optionally cuddles.

(This is the exact method we used to get all our cats. It's really amazing how often this happens to us!)

I think that when you have Secret Service and 2 German Shepherds this method might not work. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

I send my children out to deliberately spread as many dandelions as possible throughout our lawn every year.  After 12 years here, we've gotten quite the dense collection of dandelions.  (And our poor neighbors have a crop, too.  They're not so pleased.)  But I want to make the bees happy, and dandelions are an easy way to do that.  And they're so fun and happy.

Oh, that's lovely. ❤️ So many of my happy childhood memories contain dandelions. They grew thickly in the field behind my house. We would rub our cheeks with them to make yellow blush. And yes, they are happy! Such a beautiful yellow and they smell wonderful, too.

I didn't know they were so good for bees, but that makes sense! Bless you for helping them!

7 hours ago, Terabith said:

So, what kind of cat should the Bidens get?  I'm thinking maybe a black cat, since they have a harder time getting adopted.  

A big black boy cat. Not that I'm stereotyping or generalizing, but -- those tend to be THE best cats. Confident and people loving.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

To be fair to my kitten that appeared in our backyard one April morning, he was much too young to manage the stairs. I was only going to keep him until the bottle feedings were over,  but he had other ideas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RootAnn said:

I hope the Bidens adopt from a DC rescue and that the rescue (and other animal rescues) get a bump in donations & adopters because of it. 

I've already seen a lot of stories about Major being the first rescue dog in the White House. ❤️

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 5