Good morning! 

The usuals are done. 

• meals
  • school with ds
  • ds to swim with friend
  • tutor 2 students in person
  • pick up a refill on my reflux med
  • work on co-op class prep 
  • play Trekking the National Parks again (if they will)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!

• B’fast, medication, coffee- not necessarily in that order!
  • Pack a lunch.
  • Make sure Ds is up in time for Zoom school. 
  • Dd to her tutorial
  • Deskwork! Including a FA application. Didn't get that done today. Thursday...
  • Call orthodontist and change payment card.
  • Prep for a tense BOR tonight. Girl has many achievements, but hasn’t been active or leading in the troop. She’ll pass, but will have to step up to make the next one.
  • Tutor one student in-person. 
  • Check Algebra and History.
  • Dinner is leftovers. 
  • BOR

Read and relax. Maybe finish a podcast?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Today, I have:

...coffee
...remember to get meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight

...finish history with DS; make sure DH does Biology that they were supposed to do yesterday "but big brothers were both off, so...." 
...make sure I have everything ready for tomorrow for 2nd grade; come up with an "I couldn't print b/c my ink is out" option just in case (maybe try printing in color??? the toner is ordered, due to arrive "before 10 pm" but I need a back-up plan just in case)
...do some sewing
...fold clothes that are waiting, sort/wash the next load
...lunch is leftovers
...dinner is some kind of chicken w/baked butternut squash (go through my yummy jar sauces and pick which one sounds best for it, bake it w/the squash)
...after dinner -- probably TV night with the kids -- working through Sahara Chronicles (sp??) (we do not love this, but the kids like it) or Alone Season 7
....call on my life insurance if DH didn't yesterday; we had switched recently, and got it all squared away, and got a letter yesterday saying they couldn't provide it....????? Need to call and follow-up on that
....do some research to see if there is anything our neighborhood can do about some Airbnb's that have popped up; Apparently TX Supreme Court sides on the side of the homeowner/Airbnb owner rather than the HOA or neighborhood and makes it next to impossible for HOAs to regulate these/prohibit these, so we may have zero recourse for the guy who just opened one, despite that he's calling a 3 or 4 bedroom house a 6 bedroom, with 2 queen beds per room, "sleeps 16" and has thus far had neighbors call cops on both sets of renters this month (one set was playing ding-dong-dash at 2 am, another set was breaking glass liquor bottles at the community mailbox and laughing, one of those 2 sets was partying LOUDLY all night....)

....I think that's all......I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff
(well, ha, make sure the other 2 get up and log into their classes)

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Started some laundry
Made hot tea
Grocery order in for pickup tomorrow morning
Updated budget and made payment for school fundraiser

Next up:
Call state park to make reservation
Second breakfast

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Happy back-to-reality day!

I have so much work to do, even though I got a bunch done on the weekend.  I already found at least 3 mistakes / problems that could potentially be blamed on me (not necessarily fairly but ...).  I just wanna go hide.  But I can't.

I know I'll feel so good once I get a big chunk of this work out.

Done:

• Sent out some client work.
  • Woke the kids for school.
  • Caught up on news, emails, calendar, social media, and checked the kids' grades.
  • A little reading + 3 coffees.

To do:

• Lots more client work.
  • Kids have trumpet at 4pm.
  • Return kids' friend's stuff that he left at our house.
  • Walk ???
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

...had coffee
...prepped the language arts stuff for tomorrow, and everything is ready to be printed
...toner arrived, need DH to install the new cartridge, then I can print and load my bag
...folded/put away the waiting laundry, sorted dirty clothes into hampers, need kid out of the shower so I can gather theirs, sort, start wash
...had breakfast (still hungry....)
...DH had emailed the insurance guy yesterday, so waiting on a reply
...cancelled DS's dentist appt; he's overdue, but covid is skyrocketing and he's had 3 fevers (randomly) since March; we are limiting his exposure/potential exposure to the bare minimum, because even with that, he still keeps getting these random 1-day fevers
...looked up HOA/Airbnb stuff, looks like in TX we are out of luck. Sigh. Will encourage the neighbor on that street to report to Airbnb directly when she has to call the cops on them, which may get us somewhere hopefully
...DS just came down, so going to do his history - scratch that, DH is doing lunch, will postpone school till after that 
...took the chicken out to thaw, picked a sauce to use, so dinner is planned

Okay, next up -- lunch, nap?, school, then sew

• Like 4

had lunch

took a nap

DH finished biology with DS

I finished history with DS

moved laundry from washer to dryer and new ones to the washer

folded that laundry when it finished, put mine away, put the washer stuff into the dryer, put sheets in the wash

both older boys are up and working on school; oldest slept a LOT today; I really need him to keep a sleep journal and list what day he takes his medicine (to see if the days he's sleeping all the time are the day after the medicine, now that it's every 4th day....)

download/have DS fill out form for library card for access to class videos for one of his cc classes

sew until time to cook dinner, guilt free, 'cause I got everything else done 🙂 

• Like 4

jeans are dry, hung up, and mine are put away; the boys all need to go and collect their clean clothes from the laundry room

sheets are in the dryer, which concludes laundry -- other than what people have on their bodies, there is not a stitch of dirty laundry in this house. This is a momentous occasion, unlikely to be maintained or duplicated any time soon......

I got some sewing done, enough to be a good stopping point -- framed out some panel pieces into quilt blocks, for an improv throw I'm making

need to track down DH and get my printer fixed so I can print and load my bag

• Like 3

Sigh. Our parental control software isn't working on the kids' laptop so Ds will NOT get off the computer. Gotta get that fixed, but Thursday will be the next day I have time to work on it. I have an email into the tech people, but so far no help. 

I am ready for the BOR tonight to be over! Usually they are fun, but this one will be tense because this girl has some issues that we have to address and I think she (and her very type A mom, who is super nice, but somewhat helicopter-y) will react poorly to being told that she needs to step up her commitment level in some areas. It's in Zoom and that makes it worse. Hard to feel the warmth of personal connection over a screen. 

Snack
BOR prep
BOR
Zoom meeting for my church job
Fall apart and read

• Like 5

A little late, but what a difference a day makes.  It's been high 80s, low 90s the last three days.  Today, wind gusts up to 65 mph and drizzly, low 60s.  It has rained on dd's birthday the last three years, and she was looking forward to an outside meal.  Forecast for birthday:  heavy rain and wind.  It could change, though.  Our weather people don't seem to get our forecast right.  It could change in a few days.

Done:

• classes
  • supply bags for student pick up next week
  • water goal for midday

Left to do:

• treadmill workout
  • make taco bowls for dinner
  • vacuum bedroom
  • read for 52 week challenge
  • Like 4

DH fixed my printer/changed the cartridge, so I printed all the things and loaded my bag for tomorrow. Found a new-to-me site that I joined with TONS of great coloring pages/notebooking pages for members, which my 2nd graders LOVE for their history stuff -- keeps their hands busy, coloring a picture of the historical character while I read to them.  So, joined that, and printed Charles I & Charles II coloring sheets. 

Dinner is ready, I got progress done on my sewing, checked the mail & had a check waiting for me (and a sweet/sad note that this family may be moving and so their son may not remain all semester -- waah! I like this kid/family so much! will be sad to see him go). 

Eating dinner, vegging out with family, will check in tomorrow after 2nd grade.....

• Like 3

Today I started to Marie Kondo my kitchen. Except I’m not doing it exactly like she would. We have lived in this house 11 years—the longest we’ve ever lived in one place. Also, this is the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had. Also, I’m a sucker for any and all kitchen gadgets and small appliances. (((Sigh))) I have emptied out every single cabinet and drawer ( not the walk in pantry—that’s a separate project). It’s all laying out on my countertops and dining room table. Some stuff I trashed.

Tomorrow the great kitchen purge of 2021 continues. If y’all have any tips for organizing a large kitchen, please share. My kitchen has been a disorganized disaster. It’s not all on me—no one in the family seems to be able to remember where a certain item’s home is. So when anyone other than me unloads the dishwasher... Stuff just gets crammed in the absolute wrong places. It’s just craziness! I’m probably going to break out the label maker once I get it all organized. 

Anyway, my ADHD brain does not multi task AT ALL. So that’s pretty much all I can handle for one day. 🙂 Well, I did manage to cook dinner amid the mess. I started Coq au Riesling yesterday, so I just had to reheat that and add sides. 

Edited by popmom
It’s not 2020 anymore!
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, popmom said:

Today I started to Marie Kondo my kitchen. Except I’m not doing it exactly like she would. We have lived in this house 11 years—the longest we’ve ever lived in one place. Also, this is the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had. Also, I’m a sucker for any and all kitchen gadgets and small appliances. (((Sigh))) I have emptied out every single cabinet and drawer ( not the walk in pantry—that’s a separate project). It’s all laying out on my countertops and dining room table. Some stuff I trashed.

Tomorrow the great kitchen purge of 2021 continues. If y’all have any tips for organizing a large kitchen, please share. My kitchen has been a disorganized disaster. It’s not all on me—no one in the family seems to be able to remember where a certain item’s home is. So when anyone other than me unloads the dishwasher... Stuff just gets crammed in the absolute wrong places. It’s just craziness! I’m probably going to break out the label maker once I get it all organized. 

Anyway, my ADHD brain does not multi task AT ALL. So that’s pretty much all I can handle for one day. 🙂 Well, I did manage to cook dinner amid the mess. I started Coq au Riesling yesterday, so I just had to reheat that and add sides. 

Popmom, I need to do this to my entire house. We might need to move later this year if dh can find a job in the area he will be looking. So it would make selling and moving easier if I could get it together and clean everything out. I need to purge a lot!  We will have been here 17 years in June, and it's the longest we have lived anywhere, too. 

• Like 1