Menu

Daily Movement - Sunday, January 17

purpleowl

I was certain I had already posted here for today, but apparently not.

• I walked 3.1 miles this morning, credited towards my weekend catch-up on the Year of the Ox challenge. 
  • I did my daily PT.
  • I masked up and went on a Target expedition and made a point of parking towards the back of the lot and walking the entire store.
  • I'm about to hop on the stationary bike for the first time in a couple of weeks and will try to get in at least 15-20 minutes at the lowest resistance to see how my knees hold up.
  • After dinner, I'll try to work in one more walk to add to my Year of the Ox mileage and top off my minimum step count for the day. 

• Like 5

I hope your knees handled your bike Jenny!

---

My son is really struggling today--it's been so hard. I had to break half way through my boosted walk at home, at around 16 minutes. When I was able to come back, I rewound a bit and finished up with another 20 minutes. I did some work with weights this afternoon.

While my boys went on a run, I got some quiet alone time to do a nice , long relaxation focused pilates. It helped my stress level. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 5

1km walk done with the dogs that behave off-leash. Way too icy to get the next 1km loop done with the dog who insists on leashing. DH says he will deal with, yay for doggo and my safety, not yay for fitness. Oh well, I'm in this for the long game. Was still pleasant 1 km despite the wipe-outs. ☺️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sbgrace said:

I hope your knees handled your bike Jenny!

---

My son is really struggling today--it's been so hard. I had to break half way through my boosted walk at home, at around 16 minutes. When I was able to come back, I rewound a bit and finished up with another 20 minutes. I did some work with weights this afternoon.

While my boys went on a run, I got some quiet alone time to do a nice , long relaxation focused pilates. It helped my stress level. 

Jury is out on the knees. I guess we'll see how I feel in the morning.

I'm sorry your son is struggling and that it's causing you stress. Glad you got the pilates time, though.

• Like 2

Did 30 minutes of PT, then a 20 minute Cosmic Kids yoga video with my 3 yr old, a 15 minute Walk at Home video, and an 11 minute DDPY warm up to stretch my back and hips. Oh, and road my bike a little bit, not long, just to take the dogs (one at a time) on a few laps around the block. 

There is a live DDPY class tonight at 9pm I could join....but I'm trying to remind myself I need a day off now and then. I did about an hour of DDPY ever day this week except today, plus now the 30 minutes of PT a day, and need to go easy or I'm going to hurt my shoulders/elbows/etc. 

• Like 4