Menu

Continued USPS issues

Carrie12345

I don’t even remember what day we finally got our package delivered that was ordered as a Christmas gift, but it was definitely in January. We ordered the same item at the same time to also be sent to my sister, and it arrived before Christmas.

I have a package marked delivered that certainly was not, and haven’t been able to get that resolved. Multiple people from our group mailboxes (all individually locked) are reporting the same thing. And we have an excellent mail carrier who has been with us for years, always going above and beyond.

Now I have another package that was slated to be delivered by the 2nd. Its most recent update is from the 12th (simply “in transit”.)

Is this just the way it’s going to be now???  I’ve personally switched to shipping out via UPS. It’s a bigger hassle for me, but things have gotten to their destinations as planned.

• Sad 2

I have not had the problems with USPS that others are reporting. I think it may be highly variable by location, and if you live in one of those locations or your package has to pass through one, then you’re out of luck. But I’ve ordered several things in the last couple of months off of eBay that shipped via USPS and they arrived no slower than usual.

i do notice a lot of places shipping via UPS who normally would use the postal service, though.

• Like 2

Have you contacted your local post office? There is a form online. I had to use it in regard to some mail I wasn't receiving from a state office. I suspected the mail was never reaching to local PO but had to confirm with them before I received more assistance from the state. I got a call within hours of submitting the USPS form and the guy I spoke with was very helpful. Of course this is likely to vary from office to office, but I was really surprised at how responsive they were. 

I haven't had anything that said delivered that wasn't delivered, but things are definitely slow.

I recently had one package that was delayed for over a week.  It said in transit for a long time then tracking all of a sudden updated and it was here the following day.  This was from NC to VA so not far.

I also had another package delayed the same way.  It was coming from 2 hours away in VA to my house in VA and it was stuck in MD for over a week -- LOL.

I do think for the next couple of months, we are going to see delays.  I would be surprised if there aren't some delays using other delivery companies.  Mail carriers are getting sick and/or their families are getting sick so they must quarantine.  They are working pretty short staffed these days.  I used to work for USPS (not involved with the mail processing, but doing internal audits of their machines and processes).  I was involved in auditing the development of their automated detection software and equipment to put on the processing machines to detect Anthrax during that whole mess.  I know things aren't good right now, but most of the USPS workers are very hard working.  If you saw what is actually involved in shipping the huge volume of mail they do, you would be amazed that any of it gets to where it is going.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

Have you contacted your local post office? There is a form online. I had to use it in regard to some mail I wasn't receiving from a state office. I suspected the mail was never reaching to local PO but had to confirm with them before I received more assistance from the state. I got a call within hours of submitting the USPS form and the guy I spoke with was very helpful. Of course this is likely to vary from office to office, but I was really surprised at how responsive they were. 

I did. The follow up I got was a survey asking if I was satisfied with the outcome. 🤔 

• Sad 1

I'm having issues with other shippers - and for it taking a long time just to get an item even boxed/labeled and shipped by any shipper.

I ordered an item in Dec for 1dd's January birthday.  I finally received a notice it shipped- but a week later it's still showing it's in the same state as its origin. It's being shipped UPS.

I'm also having items on Amazon give several weeks shipping times.