Menu

ASL Class Options

YI’m seeking recommendation for online ASL classes. High school level preferred, though a class aimed at middle schoolers would work in this case as well. I’d hope the provider offered at least two consecutive years of classes, and have a preference for a deaf teacher though I’m flexible on that.

For reasons specific to the child, community college is not an option. There’s also some question of where we will be living, so online classes are preferred to local classes. She strongly prefers structure for this over stringing together resources, so a class that meets online on a regular basis would be best.

Edited by Jackie

Well, this may not be a popular option, but my DD took two years of high school credit sign language through his Connections Academy charter school. Connections/Pearson does have a private school that does sell individual courses.

I thought the sign language course was well done. It was a mix of asynchronous online lessons that included lots of videos and some live online sessions. For many assignments, he had to make videos of himself signing specific things.

• 1 month later...