Menu

If you have gotten the Covid Vaccine, how do you feel?

mommyoffive

My mom had it yesterday. No physical effects. She was nervous to get it, but super happy and relieved once she actually did it, and even posed for a photo with her sticker (a la the "I voted!" stickers). She is quite pleased her second shot is already scheduled. 

• Like 1

I am a nurse and received my second shot on Monday.  I am relieved as I work directly with Covid positive patients. Physically after the second dose I felt a little run down the next day but it could have been coming off of several night shifts in a row. I am just glad to reduce the chances that I will infect anyone in my family.

• Like 3

My Mom cried and my sister who took her cried.  They were both really happy.  

Edit:  My step-dad got the shot at the same time, and he is the most high-risk and the person we have all been the most worried about.  I cried also when they texted me that he had gotten it.  We were afraid something would go wrong and they would get there and not be able to get it.  

Edited by Lecka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lecka said:

My Mom cried and my sister who took her cried.  They were both really happy.  

Edit:  My step-dad got the shot at the same time, and he is the most high-risk and the person we have all been the most worried about.  I cried also when they texted me that he had gotten it.  We were afraid something would go wrong and they would get there and not be able to get it.  

Yeah, I think I am going to cry.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Not physically, but more emotionally?  Did it have any effect on you at all?  

I am thinking when I get it, I am going to have a huge sigh of relief.  I mean obviously I am still going to worry because I have kids who won't have it.  

No.

It's a step along the way.

It takes time for it to start having any effect.

And a second dose to have the most effect.

Then time after the second dose.

And before it has effect overall we need a lot more people getting vaccinated. Especially because of so many unknowns about the vaccination -- does it prevent you getting the disease or just getting a serious case of it? Does it prevent you passing it along to others?  I'll feel much better as others in my vicinity who are at more risk of a serious case of the disease start getting vaccinated since that is really the only thing we know -- it prevents a serious case of the disease. My own vaccination probably helps the most toward community wide herd immunity.

• Like 2

I feel like it's the first step in a long line that will eventually lead to some relief. I'm glad I can do my small part to help. I work with an elderly woman who is very compromised, and she is thrilled that I got the vaccine. I think it has only 50% efficacy after the first shot, and 94% two weeks after the 2nd shot, so it's not fool-proof, but it's a start. It gives me hope that we can start to see things change in the next few months. I am cautiously optimistic. I have friends who absolutely will not get the vaccine, and that's their right; but if enough of us get it, we will make an impact.