Menu

If you are using the WTM science approach...

Can I ask what that looks like? We have used MP and RSO science curriculum the past 3 years. We liked it, especially RSO, but I was rereading SWB’s science suggestions for the logic stage. I am kind of growing tired of MP’s workbooks and am thinking I may entertain the whole notebook and experiment approach next year. If you are following SWB’s science approach, what are you using, how do you use it, how long do you study each unit, and what does it look like in your daily schedule? Most curriculums our there are whole year ones, and I am afraid if I were to just take one of SWB’s suggested spines I would feel too scattered since my science has been so laid out for me in the past years. As always, I appreciate your thoughts!

We didn't do everything from scratch using SWB's suggestions, but we did use Elemental Science's Classic Series, which uses SWB's suggestions for the program.  It was extremely open-and-go, affordable, and engaging.  Even if you don't use the program, the samples give a very good idea of what SWB's spines and schedule could look like.

https://elementalscience.com/collections/classical-science

I have been looking at Elemental Science and really like the look of it. Is there one you didn’t like as much as the others? Did you use the 5 day or 2 day schedule, how long does it take each day if you do the 2 day schedule, would they be really heavy days? 

We have only used chemistry (logic stage) on a 2-day schedule. Time-wise, it really depended on what kind of mood my kids were in; some days we finished in 30 minutes and some days it was over an hour. We used Apologia for biology, earth science, and physics. We did love the ES kindergarten curriculum and recommend it often. 

Noeo is also SWB-esque: https://noeoscience.com/.