Menu

For those who miss the old board...

I thought I'd share what I do when I visit the board. It might ease some of your pain:

1st go into user control panel and look at any of the threads you've subscribed to and see if anything has happened on those threads.

Then go into the 1st board you visit. As you scroll down, hold the cursor over each thread that looks interesting. After reading the introductory lines, if it is, left click on it and have it open in a new tab. Continue to go down the boards until you get to the non-bold threads (which are the ones you had a chance to see the last time you were here).

You now have read through everything that have had new posts on old threads.

Take the time to go into the new tabs. Be certain that your "display mode" is in "hybrid mode", and you can look down the thread just like you did on the old board, scrolling down only when you find something you want to read. If you want to be certain to come back to this thread, open up the "thread tools" on the tool bar and subscribe to it.

When you have all those tabs read and deleted, scroll down to the bottom of the page you started on, making sure you are on page 1, and click Sort By "Threaded Started Time" and "Show Threads". This will give you a chance to read all the new threads that have been added since you last visited. Again, open new tabs for any thread that you want to read, repeating the process.

It is not quite as handy, but it does a good job of finding the posts you are interested in.

Hope it helps someone.

Very kind of you to post, Jean! I might have to print this out, because all I'm hearing is that "Charlie Brown teacher voice" ("wah wah WAH WAH wah WAH wah") --- but I'm sure this will all be easier to navigate soon -- and you've helped!

Oh, yeah, me too :-( I barely got past the part about threads I've "subscribed to." What???? When did I "subscribe" to anything???:confused:

Okay, if you want to follow a thread ( you want to subscribe to it so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle and then you don't find out what happened) when you are reading it, scroll to the top and click on thread tools, then you can see where you subscribe to the current thread you are looking at. After that, you can find them again by clicking on your user cp thingy.

Okay, if you want to follow a thread ( you want to subscribe to it so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle and then you don't find out what happened) when you are reading it, scroll to the top and click on thread tools, then you can see where you subscribe to the current thread you are looking at. After that, you can find them again by clicking on your user cp thingy.

Yeah, I, uh, left out a big chunk there, didn't I? :eek:

Sorry 'bout that.