Menu

Daily Movement - Saturday, January 9

purpleowl

Pretty good day so far:

• 4K walking for Winter Warmup this morning
  • Daily PT exercises.
  • 1.9 miles walking the dog to and from her vet appointment, which will count towards the Year of the Ox challenge.
  • Met my minimum step count on the way back from the vet, but I hope to log at least another couple of miles towards the Year of the Ox before the end of the day.

It's been chilly here (for a long-time Floridian) and breezy. So I've been bundling up before heading out for morning walks. I'm a little concerned, because it's supposed to get even colder for the next few days, and I'm not sure how many more ways I can layer up. It's lovely by the time afternoon rolls around, but before sunrise, it's distinctly chilly for someone like me who is always cold, anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

It's been chilly here (for a long-time Floridian) and breezy. So I've been bundling up before heading out for morning walks. I'm a little concerned, because it's supposed to get even colder for the next few days, and I'm not sure how many more ways I can layer up. It's lovely by the time afternoon rolls around, but before sunrise, it's distinctly chilly for someone like me who is always cold, anyway.

Ugh, I hadn't seen the forecast - it is going to get colder??? UGH! I'm always cold too - huddled under my electric blanket while my husband is in shorts with the fan on. We got a new super cool bike trailer for my 3 yr old so I can pull her (and she can help pedal) but man....I don't want to go out in the cold!

I did ride for a few minutes today, with the trailer but no kid, to get the feel of it. And did 86 minutes of DDPY - and it was HARD. My back muscles were already sore from last night's workout, and today's my heart rate was up in my "red zone" according to DDPY scales for almost half the workout. Sweatiest I've been, and that was with it fairly cold in the house. 

Tomorrow is a recovery day, for sure. Not sure what I'll do but it won't be an intense workout, lol. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Ugh, I hadn't seen the forecast - it is going to get colder??? UGH! I'm always cold too - huddled under my electric blanket while my husband is in shorts with the fan on. 

The last forecast I saw said that it won't be above 40 degrees until sometime after 8:00am on Sunday, with a high of 64 sometime in the late afternoon. I know folks in northern climes are laughing at us right now, but 40 degrees is chilly when you're not used to it and don't have the right clothes.

1 minute ago, Jenny in Florida said:

The last forecast I saw said that it won't be above 40 degrees until sometime after 8:00am on Sunday, with a high of 64 sometime in the late afternoon. I know folks in northern climes are laughing at us right now, but 40 degrees is chilly when you're not used to it and don't have the right clothes.

Yuck. I think the high today was only like 57, right? At least over here on the west side. And yeah, I've got one fleece jacket type thing, no hats, and my "warm pants" are walmart brand fleece lined leggings 🙂

21 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

I've been layering from shoulders to toes, even inside the house. I'm a wimp.

I have sensory issues so HATE long sleeves and barely tolerate long pants (leggings, certain ones, are okay). So it's a constant struggle between hating the cold and hating sleeves. They are on and off all day. Hence the heated blanket I carry around the house with me, lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Yuck. I think the high today was only like 57, right? At least over here on the west side. And yeah, I've got one fleece jacket type thing, no hats, and my "warm pants" are walmart brand fleece lined leggings 🙂

Go to Walmart and in the underwear section look for Cuddle Duds.   When a friend and I visited Treasure Island/Clearwater area during the Polar Vortex a few years ago, we were surprised that Walmart in Florida carried Arctic weight cuddle duds.....but they did and they were the best souvenir I ever bought.   I wear mine all the time in Michigan winters 

• Like 1