Menu

Transcript problems,

Janeway

Son went to public school through mid 10th grade. The public school here does a block system so this means he had an entire credit in chemistry, but no credit in English, that sort of thing. He took all AP and PAP courses. He left in January this past year. We home schooled and finished the 10th grade courses. Coming in to summer, in May, I enrolled him in an online virtual school. We decided to do it like a block system and he completed 1.5 credits over the summer with the intent of doing 1.5 credits each quarter. This left him eligible to graduate this spring. But, there was an issue this fall where we decided not to continue. Basically, we wanted to take September through the first week of October off and start again after the PSAT. But the PSAT was delayed to end of October by the public high school and by the time it was done, son had decided he just wants to apply for college and go the next year. I did not feel like I could justify the cost of the private online school. It was using Alpha Omega's Ignitia program, which is fine and all, but it still costs and I just felt like I could do at least as well on my own. 

Okay, fast forward to the problem. Son has applied to colleges, stating that he had been at that school for a short while. They have all asked for the transcript. We requested the transcript from the school and they came back, just today, and told me that they do not have one for them. I called them and they looked in to it and found where he was enrolled, but they never actually went in and "certified" that he did the work and added the grades to his transcript before they cancelled his Ignitia account. They said they can do the research and try to get everything back so that they can add the courses to his transcript. I got the impression that the person I spoke to was uncertain if they would be able to recover his work.

OK..so now, I think he needs to just apply as if he homeschooled the entire time. I know what his grades were supposed to have been. Applications are due, transcripts are due, and the online school does not know how long it will take them to fix this or if they can fix this. But, he already submitted the commonapp with the online school listed. Should I call each school and explain the problem? Should I just have him try to contact each school to take the online school off? Or just submit what I can and hope they don't reject him over missing the one transcript?