Menu

Checking in... Anxiety about current events

Katy

3 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Lol already wasted an hour researching Ron Paul for you.  You could give me a head start by pointing me on the right direction 😆

Oh goodness! You could have sent me off on that rabbit trail! 😂 I’d be objective somewhat at least. 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, popmom said:

Just as it is completely within a company’s rights to turn away business from another entity that violates said company’s personal religious beliefs? 

I don't believe a company can have personal religious beliefs. An owner can have personal religious beliefs, but not a company.

However, I admit it is a tangled web of what 'qualifies' as a standard for a business to chose not to do business with others. Most businesses set standards for violent speech or actions due to the immediate risk of escalation of violence. Denying others access to business services when those others are living a non-violent life (I'm assuming you are referring to the whole gay / wedding cake issue) is a more slippery slope, due to the nature of where does the line end up being drawn? Is it just wedding cakes? Hotels? Restaurants? What if an atheist restaurant owner doesn't want to serve Christians? Etc.

I'm not making the argument for why one standard is ok here and another not, as I have *no* interest in spending time and energy arguing this. I'll just end by saying that the intersection of private business and public access *is* complicated and controversial and yes, people hold different opinions.

Edited by Happy2BaMom
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, popmom said:

Just as it is completely within a company’s rights to turn away business from another entity that violates said company’s personal religious beliefs? Is that fair? We can’t have it both ways.

Is this an example from a current event? Or is this a straw man argument? 

*Im going to disappear now cause I have to go get ready for work. But I’ll try to check in here i the evening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A private company cannot refuse service to a member of a protected class, if the reason they are refusing service is because the customer is a member of a protected class.

Private companies can refuse to publish others' speech whenever they want to, as long as they aren't discriminating against a protected class.  You can ban all the violent speech in your terms of service.  You can't ban certain violent speech based on the race or religion or ethnicity of the customer.

What is going on now has no equivalence to wedding cakes or photography or any other straw man people might want to bring up.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Quill said:

Is this an example from a current event? Or is this a straw man argument? 

*Im going to disappear now cause I have to go get ready for work. But I’ll try to check in here i the evening. 

Recent current events. And I’m disappearing for awhile myself.

Edited by popmom

I recommend that everyone who thinks Facebook shouldn’t kick off people they disagree with think through what an alternative would be. Honestly, I can understand the argument here, since Facebook is so pervasive, but I’d be curious whether people would really be OK with Facebook being required to host anything at all. If not, you should try to come up with a coherent set of standards they should apply, who is supposed to make Facebook do it, and whether this set up would make you happy. 

Otherwise, the discussion is just pointless outrage, and indulging in pointless outrage because it makes one feel righteous is exactly the problem of the moment.

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Katy said:

I recommend that anyone who wants to debate about private companies rights to not spread false information take it to a new thread. This is about anxiety about current events, not Ron Paul controversies. 

Yeah sorry... should have done it several posts ago!

A ton of groups and people are getting warnings and suspensions on Facebook right now.  They seem to have made their algorithm more restrictive or added more "hot topics" to it so its flagging all kinds of memes and stuff.  I'm sure it will settle down soon enough, but its definitely not just conservatives getting flagged. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Lol already wasted an hour researching Ron Paul for you.

I appreciate your research, too. 😉 Ron Paul was the last politician I actually liked, years ago, because he was both pro-life and anti-war. Very disappointing to see his current views. Humans are fallible indeed. 

Sorry, not trying to derail, just wanted to say that the info is appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Katy said:

I recommend that anyone who wants to debate about private companies rights to not spread false information take it to a new thread. This is about anxiety about current events, not Ron Paul controversies. 

sorry I got off track!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quill said:

The head company officials at Parler do not have a right to be hosted on Amazon Web Services, nor do they have a right to be hosted as an app by Apple. It is completely within a company’s rights to turn away business from another company. 

Suppose someone developed an app called, “InstaKink,” where users could post and seek videos and conversation displaying sexual kinks including bestiality, children, restraints, asphyxiation, etc. Does Amazon have the right to say, “No, we will not host that site; we believe it is harmful to society and some percentage of posts may be illegal activity”. Yes, they have that right. So does any other company of any size. 

Censorship has to do with the government’s restrictions of its citizens. It does not have to do with a non-government company. 

I don't know the details, but I would assume there was some sort of contract or commercial understanding on both sides that when a company spends a pile of time and money setting up on a server, presumably under the then-existing terms of the owner of the server, the owner of the server can't just abruptly cancel without some violation on the part of the other party. 

I mean suppose I owned 10 acres of land, which I leased to a property development company.  Developer spent millions building and equipping structures to contain some content that I reasonably knew about from day one.  Families and businesses have left their previous homes and moved onto my land, as expected.  Suddenly I don't like the way the wind is blowing, so I go and tell everyone on the development that they are evicted effective this instant.  And I'm a private company so I can do it.  Right?

Today I saw an email from my kids' teacher, warning them that if they switched to a new (google-based) account due to changes in the format of virtual school, 100% of their past work would permanently disappear.  They don't have a choice, they all have everything on google.  But, being a private company, I suppose google has the right to shut down tonight and kick everyone off, right?

Anyhoo ... I am not personally invested in any of this, but I don't think the "private company" argument, as stated above, flies.  Especially since "private companies" have been ruined over other, much less damaging choices, such as declining to create certain cake decorations.

I guess it's a positive thing that Americans are now getting serious about media and censorship though.  We've been too complacent about both IMO.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SKL said:

I don't know the details, but I would assume there was some sort of contract or commercial understanding on both sides that when a company spends a pile of time and money setting up on a server, presumably under the then-existing terms of the owner of the server, the owner of the server can't just abruptly cancel without some violation on the part of the other party. 

I mean suppose I owned 10 acres of land, which I leased to a property development company.  Developer spent millions building and equipping structures to contain some content that I reasonably knew about from day one.  Families and businesses have left their previous homes and moved onto my land, as expected.  Suddenly I don't like the way the wind is blowing, so I go and tell everyone on the development that they are evicted effective this instant.  And I'm a private company so I can do it.  Right?

Today I saw an email from my kids' teacher, warning them that if they switched to a new (google-based) account due to changes in the format of virtual school, 100% of their past work would permanently disappear.  They don't have a choice, they all have everything on google.  But, being a private company, I suppose google has the right to shut down tonight and kick everyone off, right?

Anyhoo ... I am not personally invested in any of this, but I don't think the "private company" argument, as stated above, flies.  Especially since "private companies" have been ruined over other, much less damaging choices, such as declining to create certain cake decorations.

I guess it's a positive thing that Americans are now getting serious about media and censorship though.  We've been too complacent about both IMO.

The op requested we get back on topic so maybe start a new thread if you want to continue this discussion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

The op requested we get back on topic so maybe start a new thread if you want to continue this discussion.

Yeah, I saw that later, but honestly, the mass censorship [or whatever you want to call it] is really creating anxiety in many people right now.

I am fond of saying "you have a right to be wrong."  The 1st amendment is very very dear to the hearts of Americans.  So I think it honestly fits with the topic.

However, I am not interested in arguing further at this point.

• Like 4

SO ANYWAY....

I have found it helpful to channel my anxiety into things I can get lost in for awhile: a good book, a tv show, a cleaning project, exercise. 

I am also trying to stay offline late at night, because I noticed that my anxiety increases with late night doom-scrolling. 

What is working for everyone else?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MissLemon said:

SO ANYWAY....

I have found it helpful to channel my anxiety into things I can get lost in for awhile: a good book, a tv show, a cleaning project, exercise. 

I am also trying to stay offline late at night, because I noticed that my anxiety increases with late night doom-scrolling. 

Besides the prayer that I mentioned earlier in the thread, music, dog and cat memes or videos, walking, gardening. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

SO ANYWAY....

Gardening, gardening and more gardening. 

I have been focusing intently on gardening since last March. I discipline myself to watch at least 3 YouTube gardening things every evening. I try to spend a Min of 2 hours a day in the gardens. And try to keep all my daydreaming on gardening 

I guess it is a kind of meditation. 

• Like 6

I *wish* I could be gardening, sigh. Deep dormancy around here. I did order a bunch of seeds a few days ago.  The browsing and choosing hauled me out of my navel for an hour ago, and just thinking about a new growing season feels like an act of heroic hope at the moment.

After a long COVID-driven hiatus, I've resumed teaching ESL and citizenship students, now via Zoom, so I've been working on how to re-configure materials into formats that work virtually. I recently figured out how to make Jeopardy! games, which work *brilliantly,* so I've been having fun with that.

Exercise helps.

• Like 4

Working out is my anxiety relief.  

And projects.

Oh, and in a moment of inspiration I asked DH if we might turn off the internet (WiFi) at night, to curb the late night doomscrolling.  I thought it was brilliant!  Until it actually shut off, and we realized it meant our cameras were offline, and so much for the internet dependent alarm system.  Oops.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Working out is my anxiety relief.  

And projects.

Oh, and in a moment of inspiration I asked DH if we might turn off the internet (WiFi) at night, to curb the late night doomscrolling.  I thought it was brilliant!  Until it actually shut off, and we realized it meant our cameras were offline, and so much for the internet dependent alarm system.  Oops.  🤣

I know doom scrolling is bad... but have you seen the QUALITY of the doom recently?? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

2 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

I *wish* I could be gardening, sigh. Deep dormancy around here. I did order a bunch of seeds a few days ago.  The browsing and choosing hauled me out of my navel for an hour ago, and just thinking about a new growing season feels like an act of heroic hope at the moment.

Have you tried hydroponic gardening indoors? We started growing inside during the pandemic and now have more tomatoes, microgreens, and basil than we know what to do with!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

What sort of system are you using? Did you design it yourself or use a kit?

I have two Aerogardens, and 2 Deep water culture tubs with air stones. DH designed them. The Aerogardens have Genovese basil, Thai basil, and mint in one.  I have some lettuces sprouting in the other Aerogarden. The dwc tubs have tomatoes right now, and eventually will have more lettuce and bell peppers. I tried to germinate more lettuce seeds, but I think they got too cold because the little sprouts don't look so great. 😕 I'll have to try again. 

The microgreens grow in coconut coir. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

I have two Aerogardens, and 2 Deep water culture tubs with air stones. DH designed them. The Aerogardens have Genovese basil, Thai basil, and mint in one.  I have some lettuces sprouting in the other Aerogarden. The dwc tubs have tomatoes right now, and eventually will have more lettuce and bell peppers. I tried to germinate more lettuce seeds, but I think they got too cold because the little sprouts don't look so great. 😕 I'll have to try again. 

I have been wondering about those aerogardens. Are they worth it?  Pros?  Cons?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have been wondering about those aerogardens. Are they worth it?  Pros?  Cons?

I really like them, but I am not a "serious" gardener, so keep that in mind. 

Pros:

-I have fresh herbs all the time. My first one has been running for 6 months, and produced tons of basil. I ended up drying most of it, because it came in faster than we could eat it. 

-It has a built in light timer, so it will turn on and off by itself. 

-It has a built in reminder to add nutrients, and a water sensor to alert when it needs more water.

-You can grow almost any type of plant in it. You are not limited to the seed pods that Aerogarden sells. The only limitation is that some types of plants grow very tall, so the table top gardens would be too short for them. 

-Aerogarden guarantees their seed pods.  If one doesn't germinate, send an email and they will send you another pod for free.   

Cons:

-It is probably cheaper to garden "the old fashioned way", but if you want some fresh things to eat in winter, it's really nice to have. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissLemon said:

Ok I’m sorry for potentially derailing the thread, but...tomatoes in winter??? Plz teach me your ways. I’ve got several dwarf tomatoes (Rosella Purple) growing in my basement bathroom under a Spider Farmer LED light, but they aren’t thriving. At this point I’m just keeping them alive to have a head start on spring. Maybe share some resources on my seed thread??

Edited by popmom
  • Haha 2

re hydroponic winter gardening

8 hours ago, MissLemon said:

Have you tried hydroponic gardening indoors? We started growing inside during the pandemic and now have more tomatoes, microgreens, and basil than we know what to do with!

8 hours ago, MissLemon said:

7 hours ago, MissLemon said:

I really like them, but I am not a "serious" gardener, so keep that in mind. 

Pros:

-I have fresh herbs all the time. My first one has been running for 6 months, and produced tons of basil. I ended up drying most of it, because it came in faster than we could eat it. 

-It has a built in light timer, so it will turn on and off by itself. 

-It has a built in reminder to add nutrients, and a water sensor to alert when it needs more water.

-You can grow almost any type of plant in it. You are not limited to the seed pods that Aerogarden sells. The only limitation is that some types of plants grow very tall, so the table top gardens would be too short for them. 

-Aerogarden guarantees their seed pods.  If one doesn't germinate, send an email and they will send you another pod for free.   

Cons:

-It is probably cheaper to garden "the old fashioned way", but if you want some fresh things to eat in winter, it's really nice to have. 

OMG

I.Have.Questions.

Will come back with them later because like everyone else in America I am currently on Zoom, pretending to "multitask" (as if browsing WTM is a "task," but, Denial, a powerful drug...)

My problem isn't so much that I can't pull off "old-fashioned gardening" -- I genuinely adore being outside with my hands plunged in dirt when the weather allows it, it's probably the healthiest and most therapeutic thing I do.  It's that I have neither sufficient light, nor sufficient space in on the (narrow) one side of the house that gets a few hours' good sun in the winter.

Will.Be.Back on this.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2021 at 10:31 AM, Not_a_Number said:

You're skipping the cop beaten to death by a fire extinguisher. 

How did the three people who died at the riots die? What happened to them, do we know? 

Let's do a quick thought experiment. Imagine that BLM protesters made it inside the Capitol, bearing flexible handcuffs and guns. They beat a cop to death and chant "Hang Donald Trump!" while setting up a noose outside the Capitol. They break into Republican Senators' offices and scrawl messages on their desks. They break windows. 

How would you feel? 

There were five people who died in DC on Jan 6 from the riot. 1 was a police officer, 1 was a woman who was shot by a police officer, and 3 were people with medical problems that died from them. No one from the DC riot went in to neighborhoods and shot children, attacked families, went after businesses. The riot was over within hours and the government has been extremely serious about going after those at the riot. They are even being put on the no-fly list and are being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

This is in contrast to the BLM riotS. As in, many riots over a course of several months and there had been many riots in the past. So many people have been murdered by BLM over the course of 2020 and the law has not concerned themselves with prosecuting. BLM has gone in to neighborhoods, gone after people who had nothing to do with anything, and it has gone on for months and no one has been brought in just for being there. There is a video of BLM people burning  homeless man's belongings and you can see people taking selfies and smiling during the whole thing. None of them have been arrested. Children have been murdered or left severely disabled from random BLM attacks. And it went on for months. The left politicians called it a "revolution" and says the violence is neccesary. With BLM going after the people, I felt fear. I still feel fear. The have no limits and the government and media pretty much encourages them to continue unchecked and not be held accountable. Leftist politicians and groups have bailed these terrorists out of jail to go back out and destroy. My tax dollars will, no doubt, be paying to repair what BLM does. And so many people died, and will continue to die, from BLM attacks.

So no, the stuff in DC did not phase me. I am not saying it is okay. But I never felt scared for my life over the few hours of one single riot in DC. The stuff with BLM/Antifa is what should be upsetting everyone and causing anxiety. And if it had been BLM attacking in DC, it would have left me unphased. At best, I might have felt that at least they were going after the ones they blame or who encourage them instead of children out riding their bikes. But nothing about the one little DC riot would have caused me anxiety. IF it had been BLM, the government would not have gone after them. They would have excused them as having a cause. If you are okay with BLM killing and rioting and plundering and so on and feel confident and no anxiety, but then feel all upset and scared over the one riot that never threatened you in DC, then your anxiety is misplaced. For the record, my sister is very left and her home was still damaged. She was not at home so she was not attacked, but her home was. BLM does not just go after conservatives. 

We are not supposed to talk politics on this thread. But it is clear that the anxiety is caused by what is going on politically. So I do not think this thread should continue. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

15 minutes ago, Janeway said:

There were five people who died in DC on Jan 6 from the riot. 1 was a police officer, 1 was a woman who was shot by a police officer, and 3 were people with medical problems that died from them. No one from the DC riot went in to neighborhoods and shot children, attacked families, went after businesses. The riot was over within hours and the government has been extremely serious about going after those at the riot. They are even being put on the no-fly list and are being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

This is in contrast to the BLM riotS. As in, many riots over a course of several months and there had been many riots in the past. So many people have been murdered by BLM over the course of 2020 and the law has not concerned themselves with prosecuting. BLM has gone in to neighborhoods, gone after people who had nothing to do with anything, and it has gone on for months and no one has been brought in just for being there. There is a video of BLM people burning  homeless man's belongings and you can see people taking selfies and smiling during the whole thing. None of them have been arrested. Children have been murdered or left severely disabled from random BLM attacks. And it went on for months. The left politicians called it a "revolution" and says the violence is neccesary. With BLM going after the people, I felt fear. I still feel fear. The have no limits and the government and media pretty much encourages them to continue unchecked and not be held accountable. Leftist politicians and groups have bailed these terrorists out of jail to go back out and destroy. My tax dollars will, no doubt, be paying to repair what BLM does. And so many people died, and will continue to die, from BLM attacks.

So no, the stuff in DC did not phase me. I am not saying it is okay. But I never felt scared for my life over the few hours of one single riot in DC. The stuff with BLM/Antifa is what should be upsetting everyone and causing anxiety. And if it had been BLM attacking in DC, it would have left me unphased. At best, I might have felt that at least they were going after the ones they blame or who encourage them instead of children out riding their bikes. But nothing about the one little DC riot would have caused me anxiety. IF it had been BLM, the government would not have gone after them. They would have excused them as having a cause. If you are okay with BLM killing and rioting and plundering and so on and feel confident and no anxiety, but then feel all upset and scared over the one riot that never threatened you in DC, then your anxiety is misplaced. For the record, my sister is very left and her home was still damaged. She was not at home so she was not attacked, but her home was. BLM does not just go after conservatives. 

We are not supposed to talk politics on this thread. But it is clear that the anxiety is caused by what is going on politically. So I do not think this thread should continue. 

Did someone in the summer protests go seek out children to shoot? Please share sources if true.

You're right that there were murders during the BLM Protests. I'm sure you are referring to Kyle Rittenhouse, a white kid who broke curfew to go kill some people because they were breaking curfew in Kenosha over the summer after Jacob Blake was shot in his back by a cop for no reason, in front of his family.

The cop faced no consequences. Kyle is out of jail at the moment and has no sense of humility: 

https://meaww.com/kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-drinks-beer-wearing-free-as-fuck-tshirt-wisconsin-2-m-bail-reactions

Oh and when you talk about people who were killed as a result of the right-wing tantrum riots last week, don't forget about people who died later, as a result of the riots. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/capitol-police-suicide

I am sure many innocent people who were caught up in the events of last Wednesday will suffer from long-term effects and PTSD. All because some people weren't happy with a legitimate election outcome. 

Edited by OH_Homeschooler
  • Like 12

17 minutes ago, Janeway said:

So many people have been murdered by BLM over the course of 2020 and the law has not concerned themselves with prosecuting.

Who are you talking about? 

I can see you feel strongly about this. Do you live in a neighborhood that was affected by rioting? Did you have property damaged?

18 minutes ago, Janeway said:

IF it had been BLM, the government would not have gone after them.

Let's come back to what I said earlier. If BLM broke into the Capitol, as a thought experiment, how would you feel? How would you feel if they were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" in the same building Mike Pence was in? Please do answer me. 

I'm wondering if there's a way to communicate here... I think all the looters and people who destroy property should be arrested. Are we in agreement here? I'd like to find some common ground 🙂 . 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Janeway said:

I don’t live in a neighborhood affected by summer protests or riots. The seat of our government was attacked in an attempted coup. We all live there. The current matter affects us all. The former affected people in certain neighborhoods but not the entire population of the country. Government overthrow isn’t political, it’s criminal. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Katy said:

I don’t live in a neighborhood affected by summer protests or riots. The seat of our government was attacked in an attempted coup. We all live there. The current matter affects us all. The former affected people in certain neighborhoods but not the entire population of the country. Government overthrow isn’t political, it’s criminal. 

Unless, of course, you're on the side of the people trying to overthrow the government because you think they are right. My sense is that a lot of people do think that... at which point you've decided our country is a failed democracy, I guess. Because no functional democracy requires people storming the Capitol to win. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Janeway said:

I forgot to say, this is truly my favorite way to end a post. "I'm going to say a bunch of political stuff, then I'm going to say that people shouldn't bother to respond because you're not supposed to say political stuff." 

I'm so over this whole political climate. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Janeway said:

There were five people who died in DC on Jan 6 from the insurrection. 1 was a police officer, 1 was a woman insurrectionist who was shot by a police officer, and 3 were insurrectionists with medical problems that died from them. No one from the DC insurrection went in to neighborhoods and shot children, attacked families, went after businesses. The insurrection was over within hours and the government has been extremely serious about going after those at the insurrection (but also, the insurrection is still continuing with vows and plans to do more in the coming days). The insurrectionists are even being put on the no-fly list and are being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

---

Others have addressed the rest of this so I don't need to. But thought we should be more specific, since you are complaining about unequalness by using an equivocation. 

It sounds like you actually are anxious and stressed. I suggest re-reading this thread with an open view to see what you can do to lessen this. Quite the opposite from your view this thread should not continue, I hope it does for your sake.

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

It sounds like you actually are anxious and stressed. I suggest re-reading this thread with an open view to see what you can do to lessen this.

I would guess listening to less TV/radio would help with that. Some media exists to rile you up.

I actually spend more time on the forums than I do on other forms of media, because then my information is filtered by smart people before I see it 😉 . (Not that I don't look on other stuff... but I tend to like the compilations I see on here.) 

• Like 11

I wish we could quit using the other sides extreme to make excuses for our extreme. It doesn't help. If you burn down a business, you should be in prison but not without a proper trial. If you beat a police officer to death with a flag pole you should also have a proper trial and be imprisoned. If you use your opponents evil distractive deeds to say it's ok to do evil destructive deeds you are the enemy of those who simply want justice and cooperation, period. You are putting out a straw man and I don't give a rip. I am tired of it and both sides do it. It won't get us anywhere. Let's talk about real solutions not just rant at the crazies on both sides.  The emotional manipulation of large groups of people in our country is a problem. No one group has a monopoly on it. I don't know how to fix it other than one person at a time. 

Edited by frogger
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Janeway said:

It's not up to you to determine which threads continue and which do not.  No one else on this very lengthy thread has even complained.

The rest of your post contains many exaggerations and untruths.

Edited by Happy2BaMom
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, frogger said:

Let's talk about real solutions not just rant at the crazies on both sides.

Sure, but first let’s agree Joe Biden won this election and Obama wasn’t born in Kenya. 

Drat, I seem to have lost 80% of my audience from the other side of the aisle. So who am I supposed to talk to about real solutions??

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Sure, but first let’s agree Joe Biden won this election and Obama wasn’t born in Kenya. 

Drat, I seem to have lost 80% of my audience from the other side of the aisle. So who am I supposed to talk to about real solutions??

What everyone misses about the Obama was born in Kenya argument: it wouldn’t matter if he was. His mother was still a citizen, so he is a natural born citizen. Where you are born has nothing to do with it unless neither of your parents are citizens. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katy said:

What everyone misses about the Obama was born in Kenya argument: it wouldn’t matter if he was. His mother was still a citizen, so he is a natural born citizen. Where you are born has nothing to do with it unless neither of your parents are citizens. 

There is no argument. The issue is that he’s Black. 

It’s the “you don’t really believe that” situation again.

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1