Menu

I am so burnt out on college applications right now

Dmmetler

And recruting Mail and email and each school having their own portal account separate from the student email you get when you are accepted, and scholarships each of which has their own set of stuff and essays and resumes and being pressured to make decisions when you can't even visit schools and if you did it wouldn't be normal anyway. And I'm the mom/guidance counselor. Poor kids...

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

And recruting Mail and email and each school having their own portal account separate from the student email you get when you are accepted, and scholarships each of which has their own set of stuff and essays and resumes and being pressured to make decisions when you can't even visit schools and if you did it wouldn't be normal anyway. And I'm the mom/guidance counselor. Poor kids...

I am with you.  Keeping all those details straight is tough.  We just ran into Dual Enrollement class transcripts--3 of the remaining colleges say the grade on the report card is fine.  1 wants to see the unofficial transcript.  Even with the common app, there is such variability between the colleges.  My oldest ds had less strong EF than my dd.  It was even more exhausting that time.

(My response to all of it ends up being a kind of senior slump.  Poor ds was like, will you ever grade my astronomy class??? After 3 1/2 years of being on top of everything and 1/2 a year of all the details, etc. that you mentioned above and I was d.o.n.e! Fortunately dd is almost done with the classes she does with me.  5  weeks of Calc and then just Interior design, which  will be more feedback and refine.)

You are almost there......

• Like 4