Menu

Where online will we find today’s proceedings at the Capitol?

There is another—someone on the boards is seekinghim45 and whatever her other names have been. 

All of us have a pretty distinctive writing voice....I am not sure why people quit in a huff and then come back and are surprised that others know who they are.

• Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it was just bothering me too much and I had to come back to this. There are a lot of little digs and incendiary words, but I’m going to ignore all that and just get to the meat of the actual positi

It's depressing that anyone on this board - a board that's really, at its core, dedicated to logic and reason and self-education - can believe that the crowd was somehow made up significantly or subst

I had originally written something on this, but deleted it in favor of responding to something more relevant. But I keep coming back to this because I think the larger picture of passing the buck is s

Just now, darshana said:

I'm more of a long time lurker 😀

I'm glad you're unlurking. I lurked for a long (long, long) time; I like it better now that I have unlurked.

Oh, and I changed my name following the email address display one day (although as a lurker, I wasn't too known).

• Like 6

I thought it was against board rules to change user name. 

Anyway, I just dropped in because I was wondering how a post asking where online to find coverage of coup had ten pages when all major news sites feature the stories.

• Haha 9
5 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

@Melissa Louise Welcome back, regardless of who you were before. I'm glad to hear that you got the help you needed at the time and I hope you're able to find positive ways to still be a part of the boards. Happy new year! 

Thank you. I will respond in another thread so as not to derail. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, annandatje said:

I thought it was against board rules to change user name. 

No, its only against the rules to have more than one account at a time and to post as 2 different people, as one person on this thread seems to have done. You can change your name, or delete your old account and make a new one.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, annandatje said:

Anyway, I just dropped in because I was wondering how a post asking where online to find coverage of coup had ten pages when all major news sites feature the stories.

to be fair to the OP: she posted the question well before this became breaking news.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

No, its only against the rules to have more than one account at a time and to post as 2 different people, as one person on this thread seems to have done. You can change your name, or delete your old account and make a new one.

Yep, I deleted my account and made a new one, because I didn't feel like my workplace digging through all my posts 😳

Just now, Thatboyofmine said:

As usual, I'm the last to figure anything out.  😆   

Y'all will know if I come back as someone else.   I ask out-of-left-field questions and can't keep up with who said what.   I blame my brain fog.  🤪

Hahahaha, maybe we should start a thread asking what's characteristic about each of our writing styles! I'm now very curious what would enable someone to spot me... 

• Like 2

Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the guy who broke into Pelosi's office, was photograhed with his feet on the desk, and bragged about leaving a note saying "Bigo was here bitch!" has been arrested on multiple charges. Nothing like leaving written evidence you committed a crime at the scene of the crime, lol.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Not_a_Number said:

Hahahaha, maybe we should start a thread asking what's characteristic about each of our writing styles! I'm now very curious what would enable someone to spot me... 

Oh, you'd be easy. If I ever suspected a new user was you, I'd so some atrocious math mistake and see what happens. 

"So you see, when you add the numerator to the denominator and divide by the incriminator, you're going to get the square based off the integral integer. Totes obvs, the answer is 42."

• Like 1
  • Haha 27
Just now, Moonhawk said:

Oh, you'd be easy. If I ever suspected a new user was you, I'd so some atrocious math mistake and see what happens. 

"So you see, when you add the numerator to the denominator and divide by the incriminator, you're going to get the square based off the integral integer. Totes obvs, the answer is 42."

See, I'd never say totes obvs. It'd be an impostor!! 😄

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

See, I'd never say totes obvs. It'd be an impostor!! 😄

I imagine the "totes obvs" is your attempt to wear a funny mustache and disguise yourself on an online forum.

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, MercyA said:

Dude. Harsh. 

I actually do care about her. Challenging each other does not mean we don't care about each other. It means we do.

Poster has two posts?  I wish people would post as themselves not set up weird alternative IDs all the time 

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

oh my gosh, that's hilarious.  I'm scared of what people would say about me.   🤣

Me, too! I don't think I want to know! ☺️

45 minutes ago, Melissa Louise said:

I'm probably number three. 

I went away and got some help with a mental health crisis, and am dipping my toe back in anonymously to see if I'm capable of engaging in a healthier way, because I do miss this place.

So far, I'm doing a lot better at regulating myself, but it's the anon 'new start' that's partly helping facilitate that. Using my real name, ironically, part of keeping myself more accountable to myself. 

Ppl are free to report/ignore. Going back to the exercise threads now. Best of luck with current events to all.

I can’t work out who you were before but welcome back 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

I imagine the "totes obvs" is your attempt to wear a funny mustache and disguise yourself on an online forum.

Aaah, OK. I'm going to have to remember that method of disguise! 

53 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

We also have at least a couple of us (Nota# and me) who have changed names but been more open about it.  

I think I know most of these.  You guys weren't really trying to hide though, you just changed names and/or accounts due to outside forces or because of the email kerfuffle.   I was something different for a little while because I messed up after the most recent change and it seemed to take forever before I could change it back (although its still the same account not just a new name so I guess that's a little different).  

51 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

There is another—someone on the boards is seekinghim45 and whatever her other names have been. 

All of us have a pretty distinctive writing voice....I am not sure why people quit in a huff and then come back and are surprised that others know who they are.

I've been thinking this lately to.  I can't remember who I've been thinking it about, but it has crossed my mind. 

Other than the Wizard of Oz references and that I've had a signature most of the time, I think my tendency to start wish "So, dh was telling...." or "So, last night my kid...." or 

"Morning!"  or "Afternoon!" (which is evidently weirder).  

are probably the things that give me away, along with that I teach science classes and I'm in NJ and pronounce words correctly. 😉

ETA: and I like parenthesis. 

ETAA:  I'll copy this over to the new thread. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
On 1/7/2021 at 2:39 PM, Scarlett said:

DId you see that the man sitting at Pelosi's desk is from AR?  Loud and obnoxious.  Richard Barnett.  From Gravette AR.  

@Scarlett Don't know if this has been posted before, but, they arrested him:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-foot-desk-pelosi-s-office-capitol-arrested-n1253490

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

re lurkers emerging to make their voices heard

1 hour ago, historically accurate said:

I'm glad you're unlurking. I lurked for a long (long, long) time; I like it better now that I have unlurked.

Oh, and I changed my name following the email address display one day (although as a lurker, I wasn't too known).

Me too.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the guy who broke into Pelosi's office, was photograhed with his feet on the desk, and bragged about leaving a note saying "Bigo was here bitch!" has been arrested on multiple charges. Nothing like leaving written evidence you committed a crime at the scene of the crime, lol.

I kinda wish they’d waited though. Won’t they all just be pardoned now?

• Like 2
Just now, mommyoffive said:

You guys don't have to worry about me leaving and coming back with a new name.  I am so not creative that this is all that I will ever be able to come up with.  🙂

You could have another child. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
4 minutes ago, bibiche said:

You could have another child. 😜

Was it Baker's Dozen that didn't change her name when she had a 14th child?  Or am I thinking of someone else (and maybe not as many kids). 

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Was it Baker's Dozen that didn't change her name when she had a 14th child?  Or am I thinking of someone else (and maybe not as many kids). 

Wow. That’s two Ultimate Frisbee teams worth of kids. 😵 

• Haha 3

Who remembers on the old, old, old board (the one that flipped) and people could just sign a different board members name and it looked like the other posted was writing it. 

I remember some pretty horrific trolling. Was maybe Butch a victim of this? 

This version of the hive is tame compared to those wild west days. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, MercyA said:

@TAFKAPastry I am slow on the uptake sometimes 😬, but I've missed seeing you here, truly. And people have been asking how you are, so I know I'm not the only one.  

Would you pm me who she is? I think I know but want to confirm.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Amy Gen said:

Who remembers on the old, old, old board (the one that flipped) and people could just sign a different board members name and it looked like the other posted was writing it. 

I remember some pretty horrific trolling. Was maybe Butch a victim of this? 

This version of the hive is tame compared to those wild west days. 

Wow! I can just imagine how that went down.

3 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Wow! I can just imagine how that went down.

It was super mean stuff too, concerning  horribly sensitive family matters. I’m still shocked by it 20 years later. 

Edited by Amy Gen
Sentence fragment
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

There will be a bipartisan study into security issues: https://www.portman.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/bipartisan-senate-homeland-security-and-rules-committee-leaders-announce?fbclid=IwAR0UJD-TsGFm98Dw2LLOAFJ7Jb376xOdPiUtbO7G5I-4zBqmKzO9awYbofU

U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Gary Peters (D-MI), leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Roy Blunt (R-MO) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), leaders of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, released the following statement announcing their intention to hold hearings and conduct joint oversight of security failures after a criminal mob stormed the Capitol and interrupted the formal count of the Electoral College votes, attempting to subvert American Democracy:  

“Wednesday’s violent and criminal acts directed at our Capitol, a symbol of American Democracy, will forever be a stain on our nation’s history. Due to the heroic acts of many, the perpetrators of this attack failed to achieve their goal. It is our duty as bipartisan leaders of the Senate committees with jurisdiction over homeland security, oversight and Capitol operations to examine the security failures that led to Wednesday’s attack.  

“Let us be clear: An attack on the Capitol Building is an attack on every American. We plan to conduct oversight and hold bipartisan hearings on these horrific events, and work together to make the necessary reforms to ensure this never happens again.”  

• Like 14
56 minutes ago, bibiche said:

I kinda wish they’d waited though. Won’t they all just be pardoned now?

After he released that statement condemning the incident and claiming that the perpetrators would be held to account, I don't see how he could pardon them — especially since he's been warned by WH Counsel that he could be subject to incitement charges. Plus those people are of no significance to him (unlike, say, people who agreed to withhold information from Mueller in return for a pardon).

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Have y'all seen this?  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

DJT actually called a senator at 2pm after the senate had been evacuated, so during the freaking riot (!!!) to discuss the election hoopla.
🤯🤯🤯 

Wow. That is really, really clueless. 

I do think his brain isn't functioning as well as it used to. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Have y'all seen this?  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

DJT actually called a senator at 2pm after the senate had been evacuated, so during the freaking riot (!!!) to discuss the election hoopla.
🤯🤯🤯 

"After you're done hiding from the violent mob I sent, please help me overturn the election so I can stay in power."

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

No, BakersDozen finally updated my name from when I had 7 kids to something I don't remember when I had 12 (or was it 11?) to BakersDozen when #13 was born. As I'm hoping to try for our last little one's biological sibling perhaps, if successful, I'll have a name update someday. But for now...off to play Ultimate Frisbee with my 2 teams. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
33 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

@rainbird2, I just watched it. Made me sick.  I wish you would repost it.   These people were trump’s “people”.   He is guilty of every death, every injury.  He is responsible.   

Too political.  And I'm too tired of excuses. 

I'm sure the video will be circled quite a bit and discussed on other platforms.  It's of an officer being crushed by the mob.

Edited by rainbird2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7
45 minutes ago, rainbird2 said:

Too political.  And I'm too tired of excuses. 

I'm sure the video will be circled quite a bit and discussed on other platforms.  It's of an officer being crushed by the mob.

I saw it online earlier in the day. Ugh. It was awful.

• Like 1