Menu

Late Christmas gift arrival - wanna play?

Spryte

DD’s box arrived today!  It was ordered on Nov 28.  Domestic, just two states away.  

Company had already refunded the contents and told us not to expect it.  So wow!  Surprise!  (They said to keep it anyway, which was nice, but it’s really too late to be of great use.)

I know we aren’t alone?  Who’s still expecting a package?

• Like 2

My dh is still waiting for his present mailed by my mother. She mailed two cards (one for me, one for ds) the same day and they came two weeks apart. His box still has not come almost a month later. It was USPS and had tracking, so she has watched it bop around cities in her state (supposedly). It only needed to come one state over. At this point, she'll never use USPS to ship a package again!

• Like 2

Still waiting on a Christmas gift for dd.  I ordered 12/8 and it was shipped 12/11.  She's leaving for college pretty soon so I hope it arrives soon.  We had two gifts arrive after Christmas - one was ordered on Cyber Monday.   We also received several Christmas cards in the mail on 1/2 that were postmarked in early to mid December.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spryte said:

DD’s box arrived today!  It was ordered on Nov 28.  Domestic, just two states away.  

Company had already refunded the contents and told us not to expect it.  So wow!  Surprise!  (They said to keep it anyway, which was nice, but it’s really too late to be of great use.)

just curious, what was it? 

Glad the company refunded you. 

20 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

just curious, what was it? 

Glad the company refunded you. 

Children’s Place.  A dress and Christmasy accessories to wear on Christmas Eve (that part wasn’t a gift), a cute outfit for Christmas Day (she likes to wear something she unwraps).

Those two are still cute, but we don’t really have another event coming up.  (Using the word event loosely since it was just our household, but we still took pics!) ...But there are some things she can use now: pjs; slippers; a sweater and leggings.  She just doesn’t really need them because I had ordered (different) replacements.  I’m going to save what I can for next year, and anything she might outgrow, we will give her for Valentine’s Day or donate.  

It was very nice that they refunded everything.  I was pretty disappointed that she didn’t have the dress and outfit on time, but we came up with a back up plan so it all worked out!

• Like 1

I am! My mom asked if I'd be home Dec. 22 because that was when FedEx was supposed to deliver her package to us. I was home, but no package. By the 24th I decided to check on it with her, which I feared because I knew it would be a thing. She said the note said it had been delivered. So I triple checked all over the yard, etc. Finally she sent me the receipt with the tracking number on it-and that's when I noticed that she put the wrong address on. 

Prior to that discovery she assumed it had been stolen and whoever stole it must have needed it more than us. Thanks, mom!

I am a single mom and I had nothing to open on Christmas morning. My kids didn't make me anything, no one reached out to them to ask if they'd like help picking out a gift for me. (Actually my youngest made me something but lost it). I was sad. I am bitter, not over this single thing but the general sense that my mom can't seem to ever get the small details correct about me and my children, and it ends up becoming a big deal every time, so why can't she just bother to get it right? It just feels like I don't matter.  

Anyway, I was working with FedEx and last I heard the package was retrieved from the non-existent house it was supposedly delivered at, and returned to my mom. She is supposed to re-label and re-send to us. 

• Sad 9

Most of my late-coming items were special/fun socks; dd’s just arrived yesterday, and ds’ gf’s arrived a few days ago. 

I ordered a pair of pants for dd that are in shipping purgatory somewhere. 

Lastly - this was not directly a gift, but I meant to have it by Christmas - a set of stocking holders, so I could hang up stockings for my kids’ SOs. Those came two days ago...gee, thanks...

• Like 2

Our children sent my Christmas gift (etsy) December 10...still hasn't arrived.

Bills mailed Dec 15 WV TO BALTIMORE still haven't arrived. 

Mailed Christmas Card December 7 ...just arriving.

I simply feel we should fire all those in charge of the USPS! 

• Sad 3

I won't knowingly order from anywhere that uses USPS for shipping.

Not a present, but I placed an order with Bath and Body Works on 12/9. They shipped it out right away but it has never arrived. Tracking shows that USPS has bounced it all over the country - it was briefly in my state a couple weeks ago, but is now several states away. Bath & Body Works refunded me today.

Our wonderful longtime mail carrier retired a few months ago. The new one doesn't bring packages to the house. We have a jumbo-sized mailbox down by the road (we are rural), and whenever there is a package too big for the box, he leaves a note claiming he attempted to deliver but we weren't home and the package needs to be picked up at the post office. Every single time this has happened, I have been home all day - and it makes no sense anyway, because even if we weren't home, he could just leave the package on the porch like UPS and FedEx do. It ticks me off when I pay for shipping and then have to go pick it up instead of it being delivered.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

The last present arrived yesterday—a t-shirt.

Same here- last gift, a t shirt, arrived yesterday. I didn’t know the vendor was in our state...they are about 2 hours from here. It took 19 days to get here.  Vendor offered to refund or reship- but I said to wait another week and it showed up.  Ds didn’t mind a late gift so I was  glad it was for him and not a grandkid who would have been sad not to have a gift from us.

• Like 1

We just got DH's last gift Monday. Having said that, though, it was coming from Australia. It had left AUSPost Nov 15, and tracking went silent at that point, so I don't how how much it bounced around vs sitting in customs. 

DD is averaging at least one Christmas card a day from various colleges. 

Edited by Dmmetler
  • Like 1

Not a Christmas gift, but my mother is waiting on her main income check this month.  It usually arrives by the 1st, so it’s pretty late.  She’s getting nervous.

I think after our unexpected box yesterday, all of our gifts have arrived.  But we did get one more card yesterday, too.

• Sad 1

We finally received one thing Monday and had another thing reach its recipient yesterday. This leaves us with one thing still on its way to us (priority mail, day 24) and one still on its way to someone else. I'm not buying anything else until everything gets where it's going.

UPDATE: The thing to us finally arrived tonight. It was supposed to arrive ~Dec. 19, priority mail (just going from PA to NC, both urban rather than rural areas).

USPS can go lick stamps.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 2

We are still waiting on 1 gift. The estimated shipping was sometime in January but I thought perhaps it would come sooner. I ordered it Nov. 25 and it is in the US, I don't understand why it is taking so long, it was just 2 hrs away Dec. 16, but has been 5 hrs away since Dec 20th. There have been no updates since then.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I'm patiently waiting for an etsy purchase & DD is waiting impatiently for an art print. Both are coming from Europe. The art print shipped in mid-November, I think. The Etsy purchase was a couple weeks later. I just want them to arrive at some point (by summer birthdays? Or next Christmas!).

The package limbo (where tracking goes dark for more than a week) and package hokey pokey (where it bounces around places) are so frustrating!

• Like 4

On 1/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, Spryte said:

You give me hope, lol. We ordered several books for DD but two are no shows. They were ordered December 3rd. I had great hope, assuming they were sent media Mail, however, DD just got several books she ordered last week. I hate to request a refund because they’ll show up the day I do, but I am wondering how long I wait. 

• Like 2

We got a package a couple of days ago. I got a package and thought that something was missing, but put off checking what else should have come from that company. There was a hoodie I ordered for DD and when I opened the package I said, "Merry Christmas! Here's a late present." I gave DS money to order some things he wanted for Christmas and they all came this week.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

You give me hope, lol. We ordered several books for DD but two are no shows. They were ordered December 3rd. I had great hope, assuming they were sent media Mail, however, DD just got several books she ordered last week. I hate to request a refund because they’ll show up the day I do, but I am wondering how long I wait. 

I hope your books arrive!  I was shocked to get the box.  Had given up.  

• Like 1

This week received two gifts and a Christmas card. Christmas card was mailed December 11th. The back flap,of the envelope was just tucked in. Envelope was kind of crumpled. Gift card slot was empty. 
It is totally probably that the gifter didn’t realize it was a gift card slot and never actually  put one in the card and therefore none was stolen... but ...

• Sad 2

I’m still waiting for the snow pants I ordered for myself off eBay- they’ve been in transit for weeks with no tracking update since the 31st.

eta- they showed up today!! They were mailed the beginning of Dec with 3 day priority shipping!!!

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Hilltopmom said:

I’m still waiting for the snow pants I ordered for myself off eBay- they’ve been in transit for weeks with no tracking update since the 31st.

DH feels terrible because he sold books on eBay that were a Christmas gift from a grandmother to a grandson and they weren't delivered and there's no tracking.  He got the books to the post office right away (a week before Christmas), but there's been no tracking update since he dropped them off. 

• Sad 1

My Christmas gifts came yesterday.  And then I find out I need to order for supplies (over $250) to use my kit (a rug hooking kit).  Dh ordered from the mobile site which did not say that the wool would not be cut (due to overwhelming amount of orders and time it takes to cut).  If you ordered from the full site page and read the intro page about the kits, it was mentioned there, but not at all in the mobile site.  Plus, dh would not have known what all that meant.  So, I’m ordering a cutting system unexpectedly.  Can’t use the kit until I have it.  

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, school17777 said:

My Christmas gifts came yesterday.  And then I find out I need to order for supplies (over $250) to use my kit (a rug hooking kit).  Dh ordered from the mobile site which did not say that the wool would not be cut (due to overwhelming amount of orders and time it takes to cut).  If you ordered from the full site page and read the intro page about the kits, it was mentioned there, but not at all in the mobile site.  Plus, dh would not have known what all that meant.  So, I’m ordering a cutting system unexpectedly.  Can’t use the kit until I have it.  

Oh, how frustrating!  

5 more mailing days before dd leaves for college and still no package.  The gift we ordered was back in stock so I ordered it again to have it delivered to her at school.  I was refunded for the one that didn't arrive for Christmas, so it won't cost me more than I planned anyway.  It's just a silly little gift, but I want her to have it.  

My MIL's bday is in a week and I got nervous and sent her card really early.  She'll probably get it quickly and wonder why I sent it when I did.  

I ordered five items from Sur la Table on December 7--three of them have arrived   This isn't a postal/package delivery issue.  It is a Sur la Table issue; the order is "processing."  The two items that have not arrived go with one of the items that did arrive; I don't want part of the set.  I am having a terrible time with Sur la Table customer service.  The items were paid for with a gift card so I can't just stop payment on my credit card for the missing items.  And, the missing items are really companion pieces to one of the items that did arrive; I don't want the item that arrived without the other two items that go with it.  I was always so please with my local Sur la Table store, that closed this past summer, but the customer service for ordering has been horrible.  

And, the missing items still show to allow up to 14 days from ordering, so that I should received them my December 21.  

I could have purchased the items from Amazon with prime delivery, paid less, and had them to use weeks ago!

I got a shirt from Kohls today that I ordered on Black Friday weekend. They had already refunded me, and I got an email saying it had been returned to Kohls. Then today.....it shows up. LOL They have no idea what is going on right now. Normally I would send it back in the pre-paid envelope, but I am afraid they would get it back and then charge me for it again. HAHA

Edited by Tap
  • Haha 2

Wowzer, all these late arrivals!

I ordered a couple of books for the spring semester on Dec. 25, and have been watching them bounce around. I'm in NC. One book has gone Texas > Pennsylvania > Michigan > and now DC. 

The other book started in Kentucky > Georgia (so close!) > and is now bouncing around in Pennsylvania (York and Lancaster). DD is thrilled; science is delayed.

My understanding of geography isn't the best...but shipping paths are baffling. 

• Confused 1

I'm glad most of you are getting your orders, finally!

At this point I believe if you haven't received something you should reach out for refunds (if you haven't).  Every seller should be more than willing to refund for items not received.  If they don't, then reach out to your credit card company.

30 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

Got more Christmas cards today, and a Kohl's offer that expired last Tuesday.  🙄

We just got a Kohl's offer that expired Dec. 20th!  I was so confused at first when I saw the Christmas tree and gifts on the front of the ad, then I looked at the dates of the sale.  Crazy!  

Still no Christmas gift for dd.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

We just got a Kohl's offer that expired Dec. 20th!  I was so confused at first when I saw the Christmas tree and gifts on the front of the ad, then I looked at the dates of the sale.  Crazy!  

Still no Christmas gift for dd.  

The laugh is for the ad. I’m sorry about dd’s gift.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scholastica said:

The laugh is for the ad. I’m sorry about dd’s gift.

Tracking shows out for delivery today!  32 days after it was shipped priority.  

Well, I already ordered a replacement for her to be delivered to her dorm so I guess she can look at this one and then get the new one at school.  I should have waited a few more days before ordering the new one (I ordered on Saturday).  Oh well! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spryte said:

My mother - on a very limited income - is still waiting on her monthly check.  It should have arrived on the first.  No tracking.  

I hope she gets it soon.  I feel so bad for people waiting on meds and income.  😞

1 hour ago, kand said:

Maybe I should find someone to buy a replacement for mine from. That would be sure to suddenly dislodge it from the system. 

It sure worked great for us!  Ordered the replacement on Saturday, received the original on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, kand said:

I reported mine to the post office today, but I don’t think there’s any financial recourse for me. I bought something from someone online (a used kids clothing item, but a pricey (for me) splurge one). It’s not like the seller has another one to send me and it’s not her fault anyway because I can see the package was picked up and lost sometime after that. I think I’m probably just out the $55 and my dd won’t get the cozy winter item we’ve been waiting for. I don’t think I can bring myself to spend the money again. 

I do think you should request a refund from the person you bought it from.  While you are right that it isn't her fault, it is her responsibility.  Think about it this way:  when you mail a payment for a bill, if the payment gets lost, you are still accountable to the person you owe money to.  They expect their payment no matter what.  It is your responsibility even though you mailed the payment and it got lost.  That is what is going on here.  It isn't the sellers fault, but is their responsibility to make it right.  What should happen is that she refund you, then she turns around and submits a claim to the post office for the insurance she had on it.  They should pay her.  This way neither one of you (who are both innocent) are "punished" by being out money.   I am really sorry your daughter won't get the coat.  It is maddening that you are in this position.  But you absolutely should not lose money and I hope you get your money back.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spryte said:

My mother - on a very limited income - is still waiting on her monthly check.  It should have arrived on the first.  No tracking.  

This is more upsetting than any of the items being missing.  Items are just that, stuff.  But this is the difference between being able to eat and not eat. Have housing and not have housing.  I am so sorry that her check hasn't come.   I really hope it has shown up by now.  Is there anything that can be done if it hasn't come by now?

• Like 1