Menu

Have you ever looked in the mirror

wintermom

... and seen your son's face looking back at you?  

I was wearing a black hoodie (which is rare) and recently out of the shower. I glanced at myself in the mirror and there was my son. 😨 It kind of threw me off. I put on a colourful sweater and dried my hear and looked again in the mirror. I was back again. Phew. Very weird to not ever notice the family resemblance before. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Not specifically that, but I catch glimpses of people in my kids that are sometimes startling. The other day, my 17yo made an odd face that COMPLETELY transformed her into my little sister when she makes odd faces. They’re only together once a year on average and usually not for a long time, so it definitely wasn’t a mannerism/expression that she picked up, but a genetic programming.

My sister and I look as similar as the average sibling pair, which is to say people might notice it when we’re introduced, but no one  finds us all that remarkably matched. (She’s the pretty one. :-p)Yet, when I see pictures of my little nephew, I can’t tell whether he looks just like my baby pictures or hers.

• Like 3

My 2 sisters and I look so much like our mum and her sisters.  I sometimes have to check the dates and locations of FB pictures to see if it's me or one of my sisters, or perhaps my aunt!  And, my oldest son and I have the same eyes, so I do see him in me at times too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TechWife said:

My mother is often reflected in my mirror. 

That happens to me all the time. It's a little annoying, but I've looked like her all my life so I'm used to it. My dd looks a lot like me, but I was just shocked to see such a strong likeness of my son. I did notice that he looked too short in the mirror, though. 😂 I may have his face but I don't have his height now.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jaybee said:

Not my son, but definitely my older sister! It freaks me out, because she is the one I least looked like growing up. And sometimes, there is an old-looking woman who stares back at me. I don't understand it at all, when I still feel 30.

I think this whenever I hear myself in a video clip. The way I talk, the way I laugh - it is identical to my next sister up. We also did not look alike as kids, mostly because I had very light skin/hair, while hers was much darker. Now we look much more alike and we have very similar mannerisms. 

Someone who had known me for many years said, “Do you have a sister named __________? I met her and she has your same mannerisms.” 

• Like 3

One of my sisters and I sounded alike but especially our laughs.  At that sister's wake I was meeting a lot of people who knew my sister well but I had never met.  As we reminisced and shared stories I frequently freaked out people and caused some people to burst into tears when I laughed because to them they were hearing my sister.  

• Like 2