Menu

I'm angry 😡

SquirrellyMama

On FB you can temporarily unfollow/snooze someone for 30 days. 

It's not shocking that people are venting and being inappropriate dealing with hard things. Doesn't mean you have to read it. Clean up your feed, see if things calm down later as the vaccine comes in. 

I personally toss most people from my FB. I don't unfriend them, but I sure unfollow them. If what you post isn't contributing to my joy, I'm done with it. FB can be so unhealthy. 

• Like 7

Oh my.  That’s horrible.  Heartless.

I don’t do FB (only social media is here), but I like PeterPan’s idea of making that stuff less visible.  Or maybe a FB break?

I’ve never seen anything like that, but not surprised.  I’ve read here that there are people out there with attitudes like that about any illness - cancer, etc.  I am battling long term health issues so try to ignore all that.  Mine came from doing something healthy, so these people’s views are really ignorant and absurd.

I am so sorry you are reading that.  It’s cruel, insensitive, and ill-informed of those people. They probably think of themselves as kind, nice people otherwise, which has to make one wonder.

• Like 5

Not just social media.....people say it in real life.

I have a male relative that caught the virus this fall. He was very sick but not hospitalized. His work had him stay out three weeks. So, he was past contagious when he returned to work. Another co-worker had some very stupid stuff to say 🙄

At his point, male relative isn't telling anyone he had the virus.

ETA Relative was careful (masks, distancing, etc.) and has not idea how he caught it.

Edited by amyx4
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

What a horrible thing to say! I haven’t seen that kind of thing on FB but that could be that most of the people on my FB haven’t even got to the point of really admitting Covid exists lol so kind of hard to get on at someone for being sick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amyx4 said:

Not just social media.....people say it in real life.

Yep, the people I know will say it in real life also. I have snoozed the biggest offenders. Just had a new one yesterday. And, I know shr is grieving. Her mom is on a ventilator, not doing well at all. She said her dad also got it but took his vitamins. 

It is one thing to encourage people to take vitamins to help lower the risk. It is another thing to blame someone for getting a bad case because "they didn't take their vitamins".

I do hope she deletes the post if her mom gets out of the hospital. It would be so painful to see your child say that about you.

• Sad 5

That is really awful.

I have a former IRL friend who I see totally differently now after he ranted that people who don’t mask should be denied any medical care from then on, and then doubled down on that when mildly questioned on the implications/slippery slope of that.  I do mask, and I do favor masking, but that was so grotesque to me that I don’t see him the same way at all.  

The echo chamber thing is gross, too.  

It’s all bad right now.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I would just unfriend.  I've gotten ruthless with unfriending.    

Me too. And my FB feed is such an enjoyable place to be now. That is probably why I don’t see many of the issues others are complaining about. I’m simply not friends with those kinds of people. 

I know some people feel like they can’t unfriend family, but I do it. And I just ignore their repeated friend requests. Some people have even gone to my kids and said,”Can you please ask your mom to friend me?” I ignore that too because not everyone deserves access to me. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

That is really awful.

I have a former IRL friend who I see totally differently now after he ranted that people who don’t mask should be denied any medical care from then on, and then doubled down on that when mildly questioned on the implications/slippery slope of that.  I do mask, and I do favor masking, but that was so grotesque to me that I don’t see him the same way at all.  

The echo chamber thing is gross, too.  

It’s all bad right now.

Yes, I've seen the bolded on fb and on here.

I have lots of opinions, but I really think now is not the time to voice most of them.  I agree, it's gross, for lack of a better word.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SquirrellyMama said:

I am so tired of seeing people on FB blaming people for getting and dying from Covid. I am sick of seeing the posts about how so and so wouldn't have died if they had lost weight, taken their vitamin D, used essential oils...

😥

blink, blink, blink . . . .yah - that'll work . .   did you think maybe it's the people you hang with on FB?  (those that promote essential oils for health aren't exactly . . . .?credible?)

I've seen none of that among my FB cohorts - (not even among the most conservative).

I do have one in my circle who was expressing gratitude (last night) for everything as he's finally home after two ER runs (two different hospitals), a 911 call with paramedics, and a stint in ICU.  While he's grateful to be home, he knows to give himself time to recover fully.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SquirrellyMama said:

It is one thing to encourage people to take vitamins to help lower the risk. It is another thing to blame someone for getting a bad case because "they didn't take their vitamins".

Sort of like Tom Cruise making public statements that Brooke Shields needed to take vitamins to get over her PPD after her first child . . . . . That spiel is not new either.

• Like 3