Menu

Please help with music for a wedding DVD

I am putting together a DVD for a wedding my dh photographed recently, and I am stuck on a couple of songs. They are an older couple who have both been married previously. They like plays and musicals, so I have arranged the DVD so far with this in mind. So far I have:

"For Me & My Gal" Judy Garland for a dressing/preparation series of pictures (2:28)

"Funny Face" Fred Astaire for random pictures of the people present. (3:48)

Ceremony?

I need 3:20 of ceremony music (for an informal home wedding). I wanted to use "He Loves, She Loves" By Fred Astaire, but I just realised the lyrical part of the song is only about 1:30 long, and the rest is instrumental. I think I will use this for the procession, but I need something pretty and sentimental for the rest of the ceremony, probably with a "forever" or "from this moment on" theme. I would prefer a female voice in here, but I am not set on it.

After Ceremony? Rice, hugs with guests, a wine toast: 2:16 I was considering "I must have done something good" from the Sound of Music, but am open to other ideas.

Reception: Photos of guests and a few funny scenes 2:36 "It Takes a Woman" from Hello Dolly

Toast & Cake: 2:16 I found an arrangement od "How Sweet it is" that fits in with the rest of the music.

Ending: I had to create this because DH's photos end with the cake (there was no formal exit because it was a home wedding). I repeated some of the best shots of the bride and groom with a cut of "Our Love is Here to Stay" by Natalie Cole.

We used James Taylor on ours. I can't remember the exact songs but he has quite a few. Also Peter, Paul, and Mary's wedding song is what we used during the ceremony parts. That's a really sweet song written by Paul (I think) for Peter's wedding. I don't have times for you though.

Good luck.

We used James Taylor on ours. I can't remember the exact songs but he has quite a few. Also Peter, Paul, and Mary's wedding song is what we used during the ceremony parts. That's a really sweet song written by Paul (I think) for Peter's wedding. I don't have times for you though.

Good luck.

I don't need times. I can edit the music or rearrange the photos. "The Wedding Song" is an old standard. I try not to be too "standard" but that is a really nice song. Maybe...

Edited by beansprouts

I don't really have ideas, but could I send you my photos and have you put them to music on a dvd??? :D

ME TOO ME TOO!!!

I was thinking of that song ummmm. . . Wait, it will come to me!!! OK, here's a shot at lyrics:

You're lovely, dadadada

something something something

Just thinking OF you, and the way you look tonight.

:lol:

My husband will know the name, he's so much better at song titles than me.

I also like "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLaughlin, and "Power of Two" by the Indigo Girls, but I don't know if it fits your genra.

Grow Old With Me by Jon Lennon, a lovely version of which was sung by someone--I think maybe Mary Chapin Carpenter, on Working Class Hero, a compilation CD that was a tribute to John Lennon. We had someone sing Grow Old With me at my wedding.

Terri

I am going to use the Mary Chapin Carpenter arrangement. It is beautiful, and I wanted a female voice in this part of the DVD to balance out the male vocalists ;)

I need to make a decision about one more song, and you have all given me quite a few ideas. Thank you!

Edited by beansprouts