Menu

Accountability Thread 12/27-1/2

Morning! Well look at that! 2020 is about to skid to a stop and throw us over the fence into 2021.

Today's goals: Don't get bucked off.

House: chores

School: none, but I do need to order Latin

Writing: 5000-7000 words, end-of-year assessment

Art: class

Exercise: none today. I've got a foot that's hurting, and opted to rest it for a few days. It's better now, but not fully resolved.

• Like 1

Hope your foot heals soon, Critterfixer!

Today was fairly successful, and the boys did some Bible reading, hurrah. 

To think of tomorrow: RPG prep; work on school plans for elder and younger; fitness all around; house cleaning; do some fun stuff with family.  It is a vacation week, though younger needs to practice piano and elder will be working on a Christmas kit. 

• Like 1

Morning. It is, isn't it?

Today's goals:

House: chores, bedrooms and bathrooms

School: order Latin

Cooking: beef stroganoff, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, cauliflower

Writing: 5000-7000 words, personal reading, goals for 2021

Art: continue projects, goals for 2021

Extra: I need to mail some things, buy chicken feed, a few gift cards, in general finish up Christmas stuff that didn't get done.

Yup, it's morning', darlin'. 

Okay!

1. list of stuff to do for RPG (maybe I'll insert that here) + begin game-prep essentials
  2.  week/holiday review, month review, plan week/month ahead.
  3. begin yearly planning. 
  4. fitness for boys, me.
  5. catch up with DH -- we've been busy lately!
  6. Monday chores, spend some time on outside chores.

• Like 1

Morning. Again.

Today's goals:

House: chores, cleaning from yesterday didn't happen

School: still need to order Latin

Cooking: baked potatoes

Writing: 5000-7000 over projects, personal reading, writers' group

Exercise: Walk 2 miles

Art: continue projects

I don't have as many errands to do today. Should help in starting this fight with entropy.

• Like 1

Morning. It's raining. A good day to do things.

Today's goals:

House: chores, bed, bath, kitchen

School: still need to order Latin

Cooking: steaks, broccoli, potatoes, cranberry sauce, possibly peach cobbler

Writing: 5000-7000 words, personal reading, critiques

Exercise: raining today, I'll clean with energy, how about that?

Art: continue projects to be finished by Sunday.

• Haha 2

Morning!

Today's goals:

House: chores, kitchen

School: order the Latin tonight!

Cooking: Salerno spaghetti and make a pie crust for tomorrow. The turkey is mostly thawed. Hopefully today will finish it out and I can cook it tomorrow. I felt the end of 2020 was cause for celebration.

Writing: 5000-7000 words, personal reading

Exercise: none. Yesterday's cleaning wore me out. Plus raining.

Art: continue projects. Here's one of them.

WIN_20201231_10_30_03_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

what a sweet image! and a delightful way to get going this New Year's Eve.  I am a great fan of babies' heads ... they are little bits of heaven. 

Today:

1. Planning: draft a rough daily plan / schedule / list
  2. Planning: month / microterm planning
  3. Planning: year planning
  4. Fitness all around
  5. RPG: 1 hour of work; 2 is my stretch goal.
  6. Home: do my chores. 
  7. Lunch video with boys is Cosmos episode 1 (has some stressful stuff so we're knocking it out early in the day) then Cosmos 2 Totoro for family movie night.  Tomorrow maybe some Little Prince at lunch ...

ETA: well, y'all, I surely have tomorrow's work ready to go, startin' with all the stuff I didn't get done today ...  😉 

Edited by serendipitous journey
grammar, argh: baby's heads ---> babies' heads.
  • Like 1

Morning! Busy day ahead.

Goals:

House: chores, clean kitchen

School: STILL need to purchase Latin. Doing that next.

Cooking: turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, broccoli, peach cream pie, and I might bake some Brie. Also need to make more cranberry sauce. It got eaten. 

Writing: I finished one first draft last night. I still have two to finish, one of them by tomorrow if possible, but don't know if I'll make that. Starting a new novel probably Monday. So 5000 to 7000 words

Reading: finish the last of the December reads

Exercise: maybe walk today. It's cold and I'm busy

Art: finish one painting, continue work on another.

• Like 1

Happy New Year's! 

Today is planning, planning, planning: school, year, RPG.  Get some exercise, too; do some chores; spend some time with family.  Dinner: pizza galettes, salad + fresh veggies, some sort of dessert would be nice. 

maybe order French. 

• Like 1

Morning!  Am at the planning today.  School, life, RPG.  Wish me luck!

Yesterday I squished my thumb and it is okay, if blue-ish, now but put me out of commission for cooking & especially for baking.  So we thawed some pulled pork & had quick sandwiches & veggies.  Tonight's dinner is family take-out & my MIL will come downstairs to join us. 

I think that next week will be some sort of holiday/school hybrid.  The boys' language classes pick up, so I'm thinking of something like morning time, languages, math, reading & then writing thank-you notes, getting out some last-minute cookies, working together to brainstorm & plan for the year ahead. 

ETA: whoo-hoo, finished Module 2 of my planning.  I'll aim for a module/day on average this week and that should see me through; I might try to double up tomorrow so that Monday is clearer for first day back at online classes + my RPG.

Module list for me: 1 (vision, complete); 2 (goals, complete); 3 &4  (subjects & resources, to do + annual schedules,mostly done); 5 (weekly & daily schedules, to do ); 6 & 7 (procedures + lesson plan list, these go together and may take a couple of days, to do); 8 (organization, may want e-book, to do); 9 (visualization & implementation tips, to do); 10 (periodic review & maintenance, to do). 

• Like 1

Ouch on the thumb! My back isn't pleased with me today, but I'm hoping some walking tomorrow will shake that loose and help me move around better. Planning for me today, too. I added Botany, Literature, and Creative Writing for the rest of winter term, and Latin has been ordered. Until it gets here, I'm just having them do some small translation practice. We've got to get the tree down and decorations up on Monday, too.

• Like 1