Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

5 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well my fever finally broke for good, I think, but the pain is still there.  It’s like it clenches and rolls, but not constant like last night.  I’ll try roughing it out, though.  I don’t want to screw up my vaccine, you know? 

wait!! Does that mean I shouldn’t have taken anything last night?  Did I screw something up?   I couldnt have stood the pain if I didn’t take something, I would’ve had to go to the ER for sure.   It was rolling and clenching from my waist up. 

No. It sounds like you really needed it. In studies the pre-dosing (before vaccines) slightly lowers the bodies response. I don't think they've shown the same after based on my research. Even if, it would still be effective enough. The effect is small, even in pre-dosing! I'm glad you're doing better. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the vaccine! Was just like any other going in lol. Too soon to know about side effects, of course, but I’l keep you posted.

I never expected I'd be getting my vaccine so early -- but I got my first Moderna shot today.   I was at the doctor's with my son for an appointment and it was near the end of the day and th

Got my Blue Envelope!  The appointment is this coming Sunday.  Woohoo!

Well, I thought I wasn't having any symptoms (other than a little bit of arm soreness), and then I realized that my gums have been bleeding for the past two days when I brush my teeth.

After doing some late night googling last night, I am being vigilant in watching for other symptoms of thrombocytopenia.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n699/rr-6

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/health/immune-thrombocytopenia-covid-vaccine-blood.html

• Sad 6
19 hours ago, kbutton said:

Had Pfizer #2 yesterday. I started getting achy last evening, and I've taken tylenol or ibuprofen since then (tylenol is working better). I've been sleeping most of the day, and I feel like someone has removed my spine, lol! I have a headache on and off like I've slept too much, but I couldn't even think straight this AM after getting up. The achiness feels like rain is coming, so it could be worse. My skin is kind of sensitive. 

My arm is a little sore, but nothing remarkable.

Unlike the first shot, I did not get really itchy (so far), but I have been taking my max dose of allergy meds since the first shot.

My temperature has been up and down--95 something to 98 something. I run cold, and I tend to run even colder and then ping pong around when I am fighting off an illness. 

I definitely haven't kept up with this thread, but I am interested in you mentioning being itchy. I had my first Pfizer on a Thursday and woke up Monday morning with itchy hands and feet, which eventually spread to lots of other areas, some of which had hives. I wasn't sure if it was because of the vaccine since I've been dealing with some other issues lately. My quick searching online didn't show others having hives/rashes after Pfizer, but now I wonder. Has anyone read this whole thread and seen this mentioned? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well my fever finally broke for good, I think, but the pain is still there.  It’s like it clenches and rolls, but not constant like last night.  I’ll try roughing it out, though.  I don’t want to screw up my vaccine, you know? 

wait!! Does that mean I shouldn’t have taken anything last night?  Did I screw something up?   I couldnt have stood the pain if I didn’t take something, I would’ve had to go to the ER for sure.   It was rolling and clenching from my waist up. 

I have a lot of muscle cramping with my fibro.   Rolling and clenching sounds like that.  I would take magnesium.  I have built up a lot of tolerance for it.  I regularly drink Natural calm magnesium powder in water all day but there are pills too.    Also - are you on gabapentin for nerve pain?  You could also take curcumin (the active ingredient in tumeric) if you think that you are having inflammation.  All of these are things that I take for my fibro and took even before and after my vaccine.

(Note for later treatment for fibro:  I also have been helped a lot by low-dose naltrexone, Co-Q-10 at 400 mg, and animo acids.  I know that fibro treatment can be very individual but just thought that I'd throw that out there.  )

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

They say not to take anything beforehand and it's best to wait until 4 hours after the vaccine.  I'm glad you took something to get some relief.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a lot of muscle cramping with my fibro.   Rolling and clenching sounds like that.  I would take magnesium.  I have built up a lot of tolerance for it.  I regularly drink Natural calm magnesium powder in water all day but there are pills too.    Also - are you on gabapentin for nerve pain?  You could also take curcumin (the active ingredient in tumeric) if you think that you are having inflammation.  All of these are things that I take for my fibro and took even before and after my vaccine.

(Note for later treatment for fibro:  I also have been helped a lot by low-dose naltrexone, Co-Q-10 at 400 mg, and animo acids.  I know that fibro treatment can be very individual but just thought that I'd throw that out there.  )

Thank you!  I do have a little  natural calm, so I'll try that.  I need to get more, I didn't   consider magnesium for the muscle pain of fibro.   I was on gabapentin for a while and had a nervous breakdown and my rheumatologist thought it was the cause, so I can't be on that.  I have lyrica, though, so maybe I'll try it?   I only took it for a few days and then read about the incidence of weight gain and stopped, so I have some left.  I just took a tramadol though, so I'll wait until tonite.    I am taking double co-q-10 just to see if that helps.    

1 minute ago, WildflowerMom said:

Thank you!  I do have a little  natural calm, so I'll try that.  I need to get more, I didn't   consider magnesium for the muscle pain of fibro.   I was on gabapentin for a while and had a nervous breakdown and my rheumatologist thought it was the cause, so I can't be on that.  I have lyrica, though, so maybe I'll try it?   I only took it for a few days and then read about the incidence of weight gain and stopped, so I have some left.  I just took a tramadol though, so I'll wait until tonite.    I am taking double co-q-10 just to see if that helps.    

I would only do the Lyrica on advice of your physician.  It is related to gabapentin so I wouldn't just take it without medical advice specifically on how it might affect you similarly. 

PS - I am on gabapentin and I can't lose weight for the life of me. . .   Sigh.  But I miss a dose and my nerves are practically jumping out of my skin.  (Actual nerve pain - not feeling nervous.) 

But yes, magnesium.  The most that will do if you get too much is make you have diarrhea.  If that happens, just back off a bit on how much you are taking. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Joker2 said:

Dh had his second Pfizer yesterday and has had zero symptoms. He had none after the first one as well. I get my second one next week and two days later both dc get their first!

I spoke too soon. 😕 Dh is really tired, achy,  and nauseous. He’s trying to finish out his work day upstairs because he’s really busy but I have a feeling a nap is in his near future. Hopefully it doesn’t get worse for him.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, skimomma said:

Dd has her second Pfizer dose scheduled two days before her first final.

Pfizer is super limited in my state. They are only using Moderna here (except for some retail pharmacies). I was able to find dd#2 an appointment in a different state that did allow out of state people. I haven't scheduled her #2 because of finals. The plan is to push her second dose out a week (4 weeks vs 3) and get it right after her last final.

Dd#2 is in a different state & accidentally scheduled her second shot DURING her last final. So.... I have no idea if she can push it a couple hours out or not. Hoping she can. My second dose is due at the same time. My state's scheduling system is completely broken for scheduling second shots, so I'm hoping to grab a retail spot. Those only open up a few days before, so it'll be interesting...

Good luck to your DD!!

• Sad 2
8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would only do the Lyrica on advice of your physician.  It is related to gabapentin so I wouldn't just take it without medical advice specifically on how it might affect you similarly. 

PS - I am on gabapentin and I can't lose weight for the life of me. . .   Sigh.  But I miss a dose and my nerves are practically jumping out of my skin.  (Actual nerve pain - not feeling nervous.) 

But yes, magnesium.  The most that will do if you get too much is make you have diarrhea.  If that happens, just back off a bit on how much you are taking. 

I didn't realize lyrica was related to gaba.  Yeah, not going to be taking that right now.    Weight, ugh.   From fibro meds and mental health meds, I've gained so much and I think that's the hardest kind of weight to lose, for whatever reason.    I'm using the loseit app now and I'm seeing a few pounds lost, but I know I'll only lose so much since I can't get off certain meds.   I'll order more natural calm.  I drink water all day, so using it with that would be easy.  💛

• Like 3

I am 9 days past my first Pfizer shot and have developed a red painful itchy welt at the injection site.  My whole arm is starting to feel a bit achy.  I also still have ringing in my ears that started a few hours after the injection.  Today it seems a bit louder.  I hope it goes away soon.

I was wondering if anyone knew about reporting things that develop, like covid arm, after the v-safe stops checking up on you.  They only collected data for the first 7 days, and now I am past that with a new thing.  Should I just tell the pharmacy when I go to get my second shot?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I definitely haven't kept up with this thread, but I am interested in you mentioning being itchy. I had my first Pfizer on a Thursday and woke up Monday morning with itchy hands and feet, which eventually spread to lots of other areas, some of which had hives. I wasn't sure if it was because of the vaccine since I've been dealing with some other issues lately. My quick searching online didn't show others having hives/rashes after Pfizer, but now I wonder. Has anyone read this whole thread and seen this mentioned? 

Since you quoted me, I will be more specific. Everything makes me itch. I have extensive food intolerances. I work with an allergist as I have some allergic-like condition that is not allergies. For six months of the year, I take double the amount of some of my antihistamines (4 Allegra per day among other meds, and I had not thought to start that prior to my shot even though things are blooming outside. 

I think some people develop hives as a stress response to any bodily insult. My itching is not (usually) hives, and it's usually on my head and shoulders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Loowit said:

I was wondering if anyone knew about reporting things that develop, like covid arm, after the v-safe stops checking up on you.  They only collected data for the first 7 days, and now I am past that with a new thing.  Should I just tell the pharmacy when I go to get my second shot?

After the first 7 days, V-safe checks in once a week for up to 5 weeks, and then the check-ins start again after the second dose, and then there are long term follow ups at 3, 6, and 12 months.

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I called today to schedule my mammogram.

Radiology here doesn't want to do routine mammograms within 4 weeks of the vaccine.

Apparently lymph node swelling can show up in the mammogram and be mistaken for cancer related changes. 

• Like 10
12 hours ago, Loowit said:

I am 9 days past my first Pfizer shot and have developed a red painful itchy welt at the injection site.  My whole arm is starting to feel a bit achy.  I also still have ringing in my ears that started a few hours after the injection.  Today it seems a bit louder.  I hope it goes away soon.

The v-safe paper I have here says that after the first week it goes to checking in with you once a week for up to five weeks. 

• Like 1

My  husband, MIL, and I just received our first dose of Astra Zeneca (SE Europe).  So far, so good.  Nothing but simple jab pain like any other time a needle gets pushed into me.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, sbgrace said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I called today to schedule my mammogram.

Radiology here doesn't want to do routine mammograms within 4 weeks of the vaccine.

Apparently lymph node swelling can show up in the mammogram and be mistaken for cancer related changes. 

This has been in the news for a while.  I was delaying my mammogram and then got it done ASAP when I found out I'd be eligible for the vaccine so I could avoid any issues with lymph node swelling.  I did ask the technician about it when I was there and she said they were okay with mammograms after the vaccine as long as they were informed about it so they would know what they were seeing.

• Like 6

I got my second Moderna dose yesterday at noon.  Felt fine all day, but then started feeling lousy during the night - around 11pm.  I get headaches that sometimes cause nausea during the night anyway so it was a bit hard to figure out if this was normal for me or from the shot, but it was more intense than usual.  When I got up to use the bathroom or get a drink I was feeling pretty lightheaded.  

I'm 20 hours since the dose now and still have the headache, mild body aches, and mild nausea/lightheadedness when I get up.  It's hard to concentrate too - I may have a low-grade fever.  My neck is sore too, but I get that with my nightly headaches.  Pretty much everything from the neck and above hurts.  

Nothing awful - it's manageable and I know it's temporary.  

• Sad 8
7 hours ago, sbgrace said:

I tend to drag my feet on anything medical for myself. I did schedule my mammogram before I was eligible for the shot so I could get that done and not have an excuse to put that off for months. So I got my mammogram, scheduled my vaccine, and then got called back for the mammogram. I debated canceling the vaccine but decided to just do it while I had an appointment. I got the vaccine and then went for my callback. I got cleared on my breast after another mammogram and ultrasound but on the ultrasound they did notice my lymph nodes were reactive. They think it is just the vaccine but I was told to schedule a follow up 8 weeks past second dose just to make sure. 

So it is kind of a pain but I’m glad I didn’t put any of it off. With the two shots 4 weeks apart delaying the vaccine or the mammogram would have meant months of delay. The thing I would have done differently was that I was thoughtless enough to get the shot in the same arm as my breast recheck. I just sat down in the chair for the shot and didn’t have an opinion about which arm they gave it in. I could have potentially not had the complication if I had just been thinking to use the other arm. However, here they are just asking so they know what they are looking at. They aren’t encouraging people to delay mammograms.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

However, here they are just asking so they know what they are looking at. They aren’t encouraging people to delay mammograms.

Maybe I will call a different center and see if their policy is different. I'll be nearly two months after last year's mammogram when I get mine. I have a family history of breast cancer, so that wait bugs me. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Loowit said:

I haven't read past this post, so I apologize if others have already answered. V-safe will send you a couple of other check-ins, but weekly after the daily ones. You can put it in then.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Junie said:

Well, I thought I wasn't having any symptoms (other than a little bit of arm soreness), and then I realized that my gums have been bleeding for the past two days when I brush my teeth.

After doing some late night googling last night, I am being vigilant in watching for other symptoms of thrombocytopenia.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n699/rr-6

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/health/immune-thrombocytopenia-covid-vaccine-blood.html

If that isn’t normal for you I think I would at least call my dr and ask about it, saying specifically that I had had the vaccine and was worried about thrombocytopenia. I don’t know a lot about it in regards to the vaccine but I think it might be worth checking early rather than waiting and seeing if things get worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, TCB said:

If that isn’t normal for you I think I would at least call my dr and ask about it, saying specifically that I had had the vaccine and was worried about thrombocytopenia. I don’t know a lot about it in regards to the vaccine but I think it might be worth checking early rather than waiting and seeing if things get worse.

Thank you.

The gum bleeding has stopped, but I'm still thinking about going to an urgent care clinic to see if they'll do a blood draw, just out of abundance of caution.

Right now I have a migraine (which is very typical for me -- they are almost daily right now).  This one is bad enough that I wouldn't be able to drive myself.

• Sad 8
39 minutes ago, Junie said:

Thank you.

The gum bleeding has stopped, but I'm still thinking about going to an urgent care clinic to see if they'll do a blood draw, just out of abundance of caution.

Right now I have a migraine (which is very typical for me -- they are almost daily right now).  This one is bad enough that I wouldn't be able to drive myself.

Chances are you are fine and I hope you feel better soon, but I think it is a really good idea to be cautious and get it checked out if you can. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TCB said:

Chances are you are fine and I hope you feel better soon, but I think it is a really good idea to be cautious and get it checked out if you can. 

Yes, I know that chances are that I'm fine, but if I'm not, thrombocytopenia can get really not fine in a hurry.  I already have an autoimmune disease (RA), and anemia; I'm trying not to over-react, but at the same time I'm kind of nervous.

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. :)

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Yes, I know that chances are that I'm fine, but if I'm not, thrombocytopenia can get really not fine in a hurry.  I already have an autoimmune disease (RA), and anemia; I'm trying not to over-react, but at the same time I'm kind of nervous.

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. 🙂

I don’t think you are over-reacting at all! It’s a smart thing to do. I hope you can get checked and get reassuring news very soon!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Junie said:

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot. 🙂

I also have a a few autoimmune diseases and anemia. I'll be sure to check my gums as well after tomorrow. It's something I might not have connected otherwise if I saw bleeding gums. I'd probably just wonder if I'd been missing a spot or not flossing well.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Junie said:

Thank you.

i would definitely get in to be seen . I am sure f your child had these symptoms you would want your child seen, so give yourself the same sort of care. Also IME from a month ago when I had something going on with an eye, once seen and knowing what it was and what to do / not do / watch for I was able to be more relaxed.

• Like 3
On 4/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, kbutton said:

DS 16 had his shot yesterday. He felt pretty yuck in the middle of the night, and today he has a headache, but he's doing all his normal stuff (of his own volition). I told him he can nap today if he needs to, but he seems fine. 

DS felt more cruddy than he let on and was kind of achy/headachy. We had several errands to run, and I think he overdid it a little, but he felt like it was worth it (he had an interview for his first PT job and got the job!). 

On 4/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, WildflowerMom said:

my muscles are still hurting and I’m having pain in my armpits and along the sides of my boobs.  Why is that?  What can I take for that?  800 ibuprofen? 

Yes, I had a short bit of this the second night, but no swelling in my lymph nodes.

7 hours ago, Kassia said:

My neck is sore too, but I get that with my nightly headaches.  Pretty much everything from the neck and above hurts.  

I had this the last two nights and wasn't expecting it after I started feeling better. I am late for a chiropractor appointment (he's sick), so I think the achiness from the shot and my already sore muscles were having a party together. 

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, kbutton said:

DS felt more cruddy than he let on and was kind of achy/headachy. We had several errands to run, and I think he overdid it a little, but he felt like it was worth it (he had an interview for his first PT job and got the job!). 

Congratulations to ds!  How exciting!  

• Thanks 1
On 4/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, WildflowerMom said:

It is okay to take pain meds 4 hours after the vaccine, just not right away. No worries! (and that pain is probably from your lymph nodes in the arm pit area - that's normal)

• Thanks 1

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. :)

The doctor was super nice.  When I told him that I was there under an abundance of caution -- that I would rather feel stupid now than feel stupid later if something bad happened, he completely agreed.  He said that this is new for all of us.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
45 minutes ago, Junie said:

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. 🙂

The doctor was super nice.  When I told him that I was there under an abundance of caution -- that I would rather feel stupid now than feel stupid later if something bad happened, he completely agreed.  He said that this is new for all of us.

Great news!

Bill

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Junie said:

So I went to the clinic and got bloodwork done -- everything's normal. 🙂

I’m so glad!

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

Great news!

Bill

2 minutes ago, TCB said:

I’m so glad!

Yes, I'm relieved.  I have a complicated medical history, so I tend to be overly cautious. 

I mean, I knew going in that my bloodwork was likely going to be fine.  But it is so good to *know* that it's fine.  I think I will sleep better tonight.

• Like 12

Ds got his second Pfizer the other day. Small headache about 24 hours later.

Finally got dd’s first Pfizer earlier this week. Also small headache afterward, but she had rolled around with a dog, and she’s allergic to dogs, so who knows?

My parents and sister all got their 2nd Pfizer over the past 2 weeks with no issues.

I get my second Moderna today, and have my fingers crossed!

• Like 11

DD17 got her 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday at 2:00.  She has had no side effects at all so far except for a very mildly sore arm.  She had no side effects with her first shot (aside for a sore arm) either.

DD20 did not have any side effects with her 1st Pfizer shot.  She will get her 2nd shot in about 10 days.

DH and I have had both Pfizer shots. DH did not notice any significant side effects for either shot.  I didn't have any significant issues at all either.  The only thing that I noticed at all was some tenderness in my armpits after the first shot, and a moderate headache on the 2nd day after my 2nd shot. However, I sometimes get headaches, so I hesitate to attribute it to the vaccine although it might be the cause.  

My sister got Moderna and felt really badly for a couple of days.  Her husband did too, although not quite as bad.

It's so interesting how the side effects vary so much.

• Like 8

Got my second pfizer dose yesterday around 11.  Late this afternoon I became quite tired and had to nap.  I am also slightly nauseous.  My arm is quite sore with a raised red spot.  The person who gave my shot yesterday was quite shaky and it hurt a fair bit. The first shot I didn't feel at all.

• Like 2

I had my 2nd Moderna dose on Thursday morning.  I started feeling bad around 11 hours later and felt better around 24 hours after my shot.  I'd say my reaction was moderate overall - very mild body aches, but everything from the neck up hurt.  My neck and head hurt a lot and I had mild nausea.  I would get dizzy and lightheaded when I stood up and I was very fatigued and had trouble concentrating.  I slept quite a bit.  After about 24 hours after the shot I felt a lot better and just had some fatigue and an on and off headache.  I didn't take anything for the symptoms.  If I had to work or do something, I would have and I think it would have helped a lot but I was able to just lie on the couch all morning so I just did that.

I'm really glad it's over.  I have two family members getting their second doses this week (1 Pfizer and 1 Moderna), DH gets his the following week (Moderna and I'm nervous about him because he gets severe reactions), then two more the following week (both Moderna).  Then all of us are done except for dd, who is in college and we're planning on getting her done this summer but scheduling will be tricky since she starts her internship immediately after finals.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
On 4/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, VickiMNE said:

My  husband, MIL, and I just received our first dose of Astra Zeneca (SE Europe).  So far, so good.  Nothing but simple jab pain like any other time a needle gets pushed into me.

I wrote the above Friday morning, just a couple of hours after receiving the vaccine. By late Friday night, I noticed the muscle of the injection site feeling tender but I could sleep on it.

Saturday I just felt "off" all day.  Like, if I got a little chilled (we had a big drop in temps), it took forever to warm up.  Instead of a short 20-min nap after lunch, it was a hard 2 hour nap.  I was able to get my to-do list done but I had to do it at my own pace.

Today, feeling great! Just a little tenderness at the injection site.  No biggie.  So, all in all, a good experience.

• Like 8

17 year old DS had his second pfizer on Friday morning. Sore arm that was mostly gone by the next morning, and nothing else. Sample size is small, but most teens I know who've gotten it have had very mild reactions. 

• Like 10

My 17 year old got her second Pfizer vaccine Friday.   By that afternoon she had an incredibly bad headache, body aches, brain fog, and was very tired.   I gave her motrin which helped a little.  She slept well Friday night and thought she felt better when she woke up yesterday but within 30 she felt like she did Friday (bad headache, body aches, brain fog, exhaustion).   I kept motrin in her all day yesterday.  She slept great last night and felt completely better this morning.  She has been fine all day.

• Like 7
On 4/16/2021 at 11:39 AM, idnib said:

I also have a a few autoimmune diseases and anemia. I'll be sure to check my gums as well after tomorrow. It's something I might not have connected otherwise if I saw bleeding gums. I'd probably just wonder if I'd been missing a spot or not flossing well.

Quoting myself to I got my Pfizer shot yesterday and my arm and shoulder hurt, but no other symptoms like bleeding gums.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Ditto said:

My 17 year old got her second Pfizer vaccine Friday.   By that afternoon she had an incredibly bad headache, body aches, brain fog, and was very tired.   I gave her motrin which helped a little.  She slept well Friday night and thought she felt better when she woke up yesterday but within 30 she felt like she did Friday (bad headache, body aches, brain fog, exhaustion).   I kept motrin in her all day yesterday.  She slept great last night and felt completely better this morning.  She has been fine all day.

Well, there goes mild reactions in teens! Glad she's feeling better today 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First almost-48hrs of Moderna shot 2 were perfectly fine.  I mean, my arm REALLY hurt, and that did mess up my first night’s sleep, so I did take a short nap yesterday, but that’s not unusual for me. Temp went between 98 and 100 several times, but I felt fine.

Right before the 48 hour mark, I got (and am) really hot and sweaty. My temperature is perfectly normal though, ear and forehead. I’m supposed to be rushing around doing things in a couple of hours, but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen.

• Sad 4

I had my first Pfizer vaccine on Friday. I had a sore arm for about 2 days, a very brief dizzy spell about 2 hours post vaccine lasting less than 3 min., poor sleep for 2 days (but that could be unrelated), and feeling very thirsty. 

It was very interesting the day I received my vaccine, there were hundreds of people lined up (I haven't been around that many people in over a year). When we made the appointment, we had the choice between Pfizer and Moderna, I would say 95% were receiving Pfizer. Those who were there for Moderna were receiving their vax in less than 5 min., Pfizer was about a 30 min. wait. 

• Like 3

Ds (20) got his second Pfizer on Saturday.  He has a sore arm and late Saturday through Sunday had what he called vaccine "ickyness."  He didn't have a fever, just felt generally unwell or not at his best.  It was enough that he took an ibruprophen, but not enough that it stopped him from doing anything.

• Like 6

Dd 17 just got her 1st Pfizer vaccine! We are sitting here at the vaccination site waiting for her 15 minutes observation period to end.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

DS18 and I got our second Pfizer shot about 2 hours ago. Both of our arms felt warm almost immediately after, and we have both had kind of tingling in the arm here and there since. I had zero reaction from the first one, and hoping it stays that way. DS had very mild nausea and headache after the first, but is feeling good so far. 

• Like 8

Remember my comments on getting shingles? Well, I saw an article from MedPage on my Facebook feed and clicked on it. (You have to sign up to be able to read it, but it's free.) https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19vaccine/92106?showReg&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=MPT-R-DRInterest&utm_content=CVNewSideEffect&hr=fb20212021DRInterest2&fbclid=IwAR2VWTxQU_2BqHnbRVveZmwvuns-TNhnSe82V5yPggF3PwknOZWbxhPjAYQ

Basically, in Israel, they have had a few people (6) with the side effect of shingles from the Pfizer, and these are people with autoimmune/inflammatory diseases. Interestingly, as far as I know, I do not have one. Makes me wonder, though.

• Like 3