Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

JennyD

On 4/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Selkie said:

It’s been about 24 hours since our first Moderna shots. I had a rough night - chills, aches, and a horrible headache. I’ve had migraines my whole life, so am used to head pain, but this one was a doozy. The symptoms thankfully ended a few hours ago, and I am now back to feeling like a tired version of my usual self. Oh, my arm hurts - but I shoveled lots of manure and carried hay bales, etc. yesterday -  so that may have exacerbated it.

My three kids have had slight fatigue and sore arms.

Dh feels 100% normal, not even any arm soreness. He is a little bit concerned about the effectiveness of the shot, since he has had zero reaction to it. (He knows the vaccine is effective, just worried that maybe his immune system isn’t reacting enough to it.)

Quoting myself to update. We got our first Moderna shots on Monday and are all feeling great. Other than flu-like symptoms that lasted about 12 hours (me) and slight tiredness for about 24 hours (my kids), we have all felt 100% fine. I am happy to report that the GI distress others have mentioned has not been an issue for us.

• Like 5

My morning after report:

I had a roughish night (lots of muscle aches and cramping) but since I have this at least once a week, sometimes more, this isn't necessarily shot related.  But could be since I'm pretty sure that I had a low grade fever at bedtime.  I didn't bother to take my temperature because no one is hurt by a low grade fever.  I am having my normal day planned today - including having workers for our kitchen remodel show up in about 15 minutes or so.  If I have to rest at some points during the day then I will.  But otherwise I don't see any need for any special treatment. 

• Like 8

Day 2 after second shot here: I’m really fine now.  Arm is a little sore, body aches are gone.

I am tired and have some other issues that could be related to the shot, but more likely are just part of my current normal.

This is the first day I’ve felt the relief of having both shots done.  Soooo happy to have been able to get our vaccines, almost giddy.  And very aware of privilege in that respect.  Our friends in Germany have not gotten shots and most don’t expect to until at least July.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Day 2 after second shot here: I’m really fine now.  Arm is a little sore, body aches are gone.

I am tired and have some other issues that could be related to the shot, but more likely are just part of my current normal.

This is the first day I’ve felt the relief of having both shots done.  Soooo happy to have been able to get our vaccines, almost giddy.  And very aware of privilege in that respect.  Our friends in Germany have not gotten shots and most don’t expect to until at least July.  

Spryte, I feel that same privilege and happiness (though I still don't have the second one yet). 

• Like 4

I got my 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. I had almost no reaction to the first shot. It was probably the least painful shot I've ever had. The 2nd shot was equally painless when she gave it, but I feel a little sick today and I tossed and turned all night because of arm soreness and general muscle aches. I finally got smart early in the morning and took some ibuprofen and that relieved most of the pain. 

I'm still sore and really dragging today, but it's like when you feel yourself starting to get something and not like really feeling sick. I hope it's gone by tomorrow. DH is older than me and has no symptoms other than mild soreness in his arm. 

Before I took ibuprofen, I had pain from my head to my toes on the side of my body that received the shot. 

• Like 5

My husband and I were finally eligible to sign up for the vaccine as of today at noon. We went to the site 30" before the appointments were released and when that moment happened, 45,000 others were also waiting vying for a vaccine at the same site! They had 15,000 slots available and all were gone within an hour. This is only one of the sites around Chicagoland now open to Group 2. Alas, we did not get an appointment. It's okay because it would have been at least 1.5 hours for us to drive to the location during non-rush hour traffic. We'll get vaxed eventually.

This Monday appointments will be available to our group at local drugstores and grocery stores. We will see if we can get something there eventually.

So we wait...

• Like 4

Getting very excited about getting my second round of Moderna on Monday.

Mrs Spy Car, who seems to have a very robust immune system (virtually never gets sick) got pretty knocked down by her second Pfizer shot. Rare for her to have a day in bed. But she quickly bounced back.

I had a laugh while processing the first shot.

They asked, when would you like to schedule your next shot?

As soon as possible!!!

How about March 12 at 8 am?

Uh, let's not get crazy...got something around 10 am...I mean I can have my coffee first, right?

Got 9:50 am. Better make a to-go cup.

They also said be sure not to lose your vaccination card, which in the shuffle of papers I was given promptly got dropped as I exited. Fortunately I did a quick check, discovered my mistake, and found the card just as a helpful staff member was picking it up off the ground. Whew!

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, popmom said:

Dh (53) and dd (20) got the Jannsen at noon today. Dh feels fine. Dd has a sore arm, legs ache, feels cold and tired, and went to bed after just a bite of dinner. 

eta: spoke too soon about dh. He is now also achy and feels cold. He went to bed.

im 48+ hours out from my first Pfizer. I’ve been tired today and indulged in a late afternoon nap. 

Quoting myself 

Last night was rough for both dh and dd.

My dd said she’s never had her legs hurt that bad. Headache and shivering, too. She called me at 5am to bring her Tylenol. She looked sick. She’s much better this afternoon. 

Dh also had chills, headache, body aches. Interesting difference is today all of his joints ache. Also, 10 years ago he fell and broke a couple of ribs. He has a hematoma there. He said he kept feeling like somebody had kicked him in the ribs and realized it’s the hematoma.

I’m thinking the hematoma thing may be similar to those who had reactions around dermal fillers. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, kand said:

I took a picture of mine and made a copy, just in case. Mine was do it yourself, which doesn’t seem like the way it should happen, but I guess they ran out and didn’t have a new batch ready. They had clearly been hastily cut out and weren’t rectangles, and it didn’t have my name or any info on it. Just the batch sticker and their signature and date.

I'm usually a cool customer, but that was far from the case on vaccination day. I was feeling more than a little overwhelmed. Grateful--to be sure--but I was dealing with an array of emotions that had me somewhat discombobulated.

In addition to constantly telling myself "whatever you do, do not lose this card" I also thought "you'd better take a photo, just in case."

Failed on both fronts. LOL.

However, prompted by your excellent reminder I just took a photo now. Then forgot to put it back in my wallet, which I just rectified.

Just need to hold it together for a few more days.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put my vaccination card in a safe spot as soon as I got home.  Then I got worried that I might forget where I put it, so I made myself an electronic reminder on my calendar to tell me where the safe spot was.

I'm feeling bad today (2 days since 1st pfizer):  clammy, achy, and exhausted.  I feel like a lot of younger people might skip the second shot due to the side effects.

• Like 5

My two oldest kids ended up getting (Pfizer) shots at the same time (almost down to the minute) 800 miles apart.

Dd#2 had the bulls-eye bandaid & needed it. They hit a blood vessel; there was blood but not a ton. Plus, she said it definitely hurt. (I told her mine hadn't.)

Dd#1 scheduled her second shot & later realized it is during one of her finals. Oops.

I'll report back on Monday about side-effects.

• Like 5

Got my first shot of Moderna Thursday April 1. No arm pain that day, woke up Friday April 2 with pain at injection site but no other symptoms. Saturday April 3, arm pain was gone.

Interestingly, woke up today Friday April 9 with arm pain at injection site. Bad enough to wake me up at 4:30am. Much worse than on 4/2. My kids can look at my arm and see a slight redness and feel a bump there (so it's not just me) and the area feels hot. I can lift my arm but it definitely doesn't want to move. Still no other symptoms. 

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm really dreading the shot tomorrow. My SIL has been running a 102 fever and feels horrible. I am so rarely sick, as in once every 4 or 5 years.  I really do not want to feel bad.

Can you just make sure there's space for you to feel bad if you do? Like, can you make a plan to just stay in bed or not? 

• Like 2

2 days post Moderna, shot #2 for my relative. Fever broke in the night but they woke with their body feeling sore and said their injection site is now swollen, warm, and itchy. They also felt stiff. No rash. They had a phone appointment with their PCP and were directed to phone daily for a check-in, to use hot compresses on the arm, and to take 600mg of ibuprofen.

42 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

COVID is far, far worse. It helps me to remember that when I go through symptoms.

The vaccine reminds me of what could happen, for all the people who did not get that chance and had to go through this disease. Who died. All the people around this world in lockdown even now including Europe. We are privileged to get it despite the discomfort.

I am staying in bed, eating, nourishing, comfort food, hydrating, watching movies, reading books, listening to music, posting here. Taking it easy and having my body do it's thing. It is building immunity, not fighting disease which is a blessing.  

We are privileged. We are blessed. We are not fighting the disease but building immunity while the vaccine works through our system. I hope you do not feel bad, but if you do, take it easy. It is not the real thing, just a vaccine.

I'm just literally so scared...  My heart is racing.  I'm not sure I can do this. 

5 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm just literally so scared...  My heart is racing.  I'm not sure I can do this. 

Would it help your anxiety if you signed up for a one-shot J&J? Is that vaccine available to you in your area? I'm sorry this is causing so much anxiety. 💓

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm so sorry.  I have anxiety about the second shot for me and my family.  I hate the uncertainty of what will happen.  

Hang in there - know we are all thinking of you and supporting you!  ❤️

• Like 3

Figured I would update since I'm now a week after my first Pfizer shot.  No reaction at all, at least nothing that could definitely be blamed on the shot.  We've had the weather that makes my joints ache and my joints ached, the pollen that makes me sneeze and I've sneezed, I've eaten things that give me headaches and I've had headaches, I've had some insomnia so I'm tired but I've also eaten things that I kind of know keep me awake.   Basically a typical week for me. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, iamonlyone said:

Would it help your anxiety if you signed up for a one-shot J&J? Is that vaccine available to you in your area? I'm sorry this is causing so much anxiety. 💓

8 minutes ago, kand said:

I’m sorry you’re having so much anxiety. That is a very unpleasant feeling. Do you typically have medical anxiety? I can’t recall if this is your first or second shot. Lots of people have little or no reaction—only 1 in 5 gets a fever. If you’re super concerned, you could start Tylenol four hours after your shot, to stave off any potential for fevers or anything. All I had was about 12 hours of headache and extra fatigue.

This will be my second shot of Pfizer. No, I have never had medical anxiety but I am literally panting thinking about it.  But if I show weakness, my husband will say we will just forget about it. He didn't really want it in the first place.  But what if it kills him or me??? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kand said:

I thought of a way to think of it that might help. If one of your kids had a cold and then sneezed directly in your face, this would be similar to that. There’s a decent chance you’ll be just fine, but it also might be that you would catch the cold and that would be unpleasant for a few days if you did. But I expect you wouldn’t have your heart racing while you waited to find out if you would get sick? And in this case, any unpleasant symptoms will almost certainly last much shorter than a cold, and you’ll be left with protection from something that could actually be dangerous to you or your family. Does that help at all??

Sort of, except I very rarely ever caught what my children had, even stomach viruses. I am just rarely sick. And i cannot die from that.  I can die from this. 

Edited by TexasProud

11 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

This will be my second shot of Pfizer. No, I have never had medical anxiety but I am literally panting thinking about it.  But if I show weakness, my husband will say we will just forget about it. He didn't really want it in the first place.  But what if it kills him or me??? 

If it helps you --

DS22 is over two weeks out from his second Pfizer. Other than a very slightly sore arm he had no side effects.

DH had his second Pfizer on Thursday. He has a slightly sore arm and has had just a little GI upset. But the latter is a normal side effect from his cancer medication, so I can't say for sure it was due to the vaccine. On his scale of 1 to 10 it's been maybe a 2. Nothing to get excited about by any stretch.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Sort of, except I very rarely ever caught what my children had, even stomach viruses. I am just rarely sick. And i cannot die from that.  I can die from this. 

Your chance of dying of a random respiratory bug is probably higher than of dying from the vaccine. Actual viruses have MANY more ways to hurt you than mRNA. 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

You can do this.  You might get symptoms.  It's still a better love story than actual Covid.  I'm also a person who rarely gets sick, so I understand the hesitancy to sign up for some side effects.  I'd say 'fake it till you make it' and your family is immunized.  You can lead them through this.

I've been on here complaining very loudly about my symptoms.  I'm just not accustomed to living with discomfort and it's not my normal.  Even though I've had a ridiculous variety of vaccine symptoms, I still haven't felt as bad as my friends who had actual Covid.  Just plan for a few low-energy days and be happy if you feel normal.  My mother is in her 70s and her only symptom was a mild headache.  It didn't interfere with her life at all.

Also, don't be blindsided by The Waves.  I know I've been whining profusely and comically about having a wave of symptoms when I thought I was done, and to be perfectly honest I had ANOTHER FRIGGIN WAVE today.  However, this 'wave' was actually 5 minutes of discomfort in the middle of a mostly normal day.  I definitely feel a great weight lifted since I've secured vaccines for my entire family, even if the process was a bit like The Hunger Games.  The kids and I are fully vaccinated and Dh has a second shot soon.  It feels good to have actual hope for a return to normalcy in the not-to-distant future.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I'm just not accustomed to living with discomfort and it's not my normal.  Even though I've had a ridiculous variety of vaccine symptoms, I still haven't felt as bad as my friends who had actual Covid. 

The person we know best who had COVID was our 20-year old babysitter. She recovered just fine, but she had a LOUSY week. And that's considered a mild disease. 

Yes, there are the people who are totally asymptomatic, but realistically, even mild COVID sucks for a lot of people, including younger people. It's just that people aren't posting about it. 

Heck, I had the flu last year in November and it really really sucked. Way more than anything anyone in my family has gone through with the COVID vaccine. 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I need to go back and read when you are getting your shot, but you’ve got this!  I thought I was going to die too and made a point to tell everyone I loved them with big hugs “in case I die” before I left for my shot.  Still here though 😁.  You can do this!  And...I have medical anxiety due to a bad reaction from a Medicine (not a vaccine) so I get it!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mlktwins said:

I need to go back and read when you are getting your shot, but you’ve got this!  I thought I was going to die too and made a point to tell everyone I loved them with big hugs “in case I die” before I left for my shot.  Still here though 😁.  You can do this!  And...I have medical anxiety due to a bad reaction from a Medicine (not a vaccine) so I get it!

Do you know where this fear comes from?  I don't know anyone IRL who is vaccine hesitant, much less afraid of death.  I'm mostly surrounded by people scrambling for any appointments they can  find.  I don't even know if there has been a single case of death directly linked to the vaccine.  Is this a common fear in a particular culture or more of a personal medical anxiety?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Dd#2 had the bulls-eye bandaid & needed it. They hit a blood vessel; there was blood but not a ton. Plus, she said it definitely hurt. (I told her mine hadn't.)

Dd#1 scheduled her second shot & later realized it is during one of her finals. Oops.

Poor dd2!  That sounds pretty awful.

I'm having a terrible time figuring out when to schedule dd's vaccine(s).  I don't want her to do it while she's in school due to reactions (she tends to have strong reactions to vaccines like DH does) but she has no break between finals and her internship starting.  I'm hoping I can get an appt. with her for a Friday night or Saturday and then she has the rest of the weekend off before going back to work on Monday.  I wish her schedule weren't so tight.  😞  

Ds3 got his first Moderna this afternoon.  So far just a very sore arm.  We suspect he had Covid last March but he couldn't get a test back then.  Ds2 had fatigue/low-grade fever/sore arm from his first dose.  DH had fatigue and mild chills/aches from his first dose.  I just had a sore arm and maybe a slight headache/off feeling but it could have been psychological.  Ds1 had a pretty strong reaction to his J&J vaccine.  His girlfriend had Moderna 1 with no side effects.  Ds2's girlfriend had Pfizer one with no reactions.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Do you know where this fear comes from?  I don't know anyone IRL who is vaccine hesitant, much less afraid of death.  I'm mostly surrounded by people scrambling for any appointments they can  find.  I don't even know if there has been a single case of death directly linked to the vaccine.  Is this a common fear in a particular culture or more of a personal medical anxiety?

Personal medical anxiety for me.  When my twins were 18 months, I went to have a procedure and I had a bad reaction to a medicine I had used before.  911 type of reaction and the nurse was asking someone about a crash cart.  FREAKED ME OUT.  Ever since, I have medical anxiety and it scared me that I would die and leave my babies.  I am a bit better now, but it really did a number on me.  It didn’t stop me from getting the vaccine though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I am surrounded by people that are screaming that the vaccine is way more deadly than Covid. That people that get the vaccines are idiots. I know someone who says she personally knows “lots of people” who have died from the vaccine. I know this isn’t true, rationally, but when enough people are screaming it, it can get in your head. It definitely got in mine. 

I still got it but I admit the anti vaxxers got in my head. I told Dh that if I died of the vaccine to make up some other reason because I would feel stupid. Haha- kind of. 

Sorry @TexasProudI get where you are coming from. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, kand said:

I'm sorry. That must be hard and I can imagine your anxiety was raised because of it. I'm so perplexed how people would possibly think the vaccine is more deadly than Covid. Do they think all the people who have died of Covid were made up, or do they think there are thousands of vaccine deaths that no one knows about, or both?

Both

DS and I both had our first Pfizer shots today. DS got his around 6 hours ago at a mass vax event on campus, and I got mine about 3 hours ago at a local pharmacy. Neither of us have had any reaction at all so far, not even a slightly sore arm. I literally can't tell where I got the shot, even if I push all over the top of my arm. I doubt I'm really going to get off that easy, but hoping it doesn't get too bad later tonight.

• Like 4

Corraleno, do you have a link to the 65+ data?

I've read that the reactions are stronger in younger people.  That correlates to my IRL experience.  The 70+ crowd I know, even the ones with compromising ailments, seem to have experienced few side effects beyond injection site pain.  They encouraged the rest of us to get vaccinated as soon as our tiers opened up.  The 60+ group reported a few more symptoms but nothing worse than a day or two of feeling off and a sore arm.  The 50+ cohort were more mixed, ranging from a sore arm to headaches and flu-like symptoms, but again not lasting more than a day or two.   The under 50s seem to be reacting more strongly.   A significant number report nothing worse than a sore arm, but for those who do have stronger reactions the reactions seem much worse than what older people are reporting.

It could be that older people are more likely to attribute aches and pains to age rather than the vaccine, or that they are more stoic, but it could also be younger immune systems react more strongly.  One article suggested that people who were previously exposed to COVID, even if they exhibited no symptoms, had stronger reactions to the first dose of the vaccine than did people never exposed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

Quoting myself here. Dh is now approaching 48 hrs post second Moderna. He is better today. He got up on time and got to work. He says he just feels really run down the way you do after you’ve been sick. So he had a pretty serious bout of fatigue/chills/fever/aches. He says he feels better but between y’all and me he looks like crap. Definitely had a rough go of it. Maybe this is what people mean when they say they got the flu from the flu shot. I guarantee there would be no more flu shots here if this was the reaction. 

I’m approaching 24 hours post shot with just some mild arm soreness. Hoping not to have an even more delayed reaction. Surprised it was worse for Dh. I am the one who gets migraines and GI upset triggered by just about any kind of physical stress. I did really rest up and hydrate before and after my shot but who knows?

So recap for my family so far:

Dh- Moderna #1 mild arm soreness

Moderna #2 pretty significant  flu symptoms for 36 hours or so 

Me- Moderna #1 mild soreness

Moderna #2 mild soreness (so far...24 hours post shot)

Ds 18 yo- Phizer #1 - no side effects

Ds 22 yo- Phizer #1- no side effects

But here is something crazy if we are crowd sourcing reactions- Ds 22 yo texted me joking that chapped lips must be a side effect. He said he has never had chapped lips or used chapstick in his life but had to run out on his lunch hour to buy some because his lips were crazy chapped. He said he has never experienced anything like that and it happened the day after his shot. I do know there have been some reports of skin sensitivities so I thought I throw that out there. I am not saying chapped lips are a side effect!

9 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

DH is off work today under protest. He is up and about because he cannot sit still. But I have warned him very strictly about working out. So did BIL. No temperature. He says he is ok, but he tends to power through illness so both BIL and I said we do not trust him when he said so, he was not amused. 

I had a bit of body ache and was standing under a hot shower last night when I felt fatigue hit me. I was literally sleeping under the shower. I did not know if people could drown under a shower so I got out. 

I can also personally report the GI thing is true. 

Other than that, we are ok. Friends will drop off lunch and dinner again and tomorrow. DH tried stopping that, but was lectured that he needs to rest by my friend. I will stop tomorrow's delivery but my friends will lecture me. 

DH is grumpy today because he cannot do anything he considers productive He needs to do something, I have sent DD to bug him. She will keep him amused. 

I am still in bed, still in PJs, still taking time off. Not fatigued, just lazy. I shall be up tomorrow. 

If he feels ok, why can't he do something productive? If he feels tired later, he can rest, right? 

2 hours ago, TexasProud said:

Why would you think that? I mean, do you panic when you serve him dinner, worried he could choke and die? 

Plus, realistically, if it was going to kill you, it would have happened the first dose. If your body just truly was some anomaly that couldn't handle it and reacted that badly, you'd know already. 

• Like 2

DH and I are 24 hours post 2nd Pfizer shot.  About 4 hours in, I needed to take a nap.  The rest of the night was really rough...chills, severe headache, fatigue.  It felt like the flu.  I'm starting to feel a lot better now, but I'll keep that a secret.  My MIL decided to come to town, so I may have to suffer side effects for another 4 days.  😉  It's best if I stay in bed and not witness her quizzing my homeschoolers to see if they have actually learned anything this year.  😡

I had quite a bit of anxiety about the side effects.  To prepare myself mentally, I envisioned my post shot experience like my natural childbirths.  I knew it would be rough, but in 24 hours I would be done...and I would be with a new, sweet little baby.  Now I have a new, sweet "immunity baby", which makes me so happy.  I get to look forward to all of the good that comes from this new "baby" - vacations, hugs, parties with vaccinated friends.  It's worth it. 

One last thing for those of you with anxiety (well, anyone getting the shot).  If you can, plan to stay home and rest for 24 hours post shot.  Make yourself some soup the day before, clean up your bedroom, change the sheets, find your favorite pjs, get a movie ready on Netflix.  Just prepare like you're about to have a homebirth. 😉  Know that you may have a rough go, but it will end.  Focus on how fortunate you are.  Be brave.  You can do it!!  Enjoy your immunity baby!!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, rainbird2 said:

I had quite a bit of anxiety about the side effects.  To prepare myself mentally, I envisioned my post shot experience like my natural childbirths.  I knew it would be rough, but in 24 hours I would be done...and I would be with a new, sweet little baby.  Now I have a new, sweet "immunity baby", which makes me so happy.  I get to look forward to all of the good that comes from this new "baby" - vacations, hugs, parties with vaccinated friends.  It's worth it. 

Ooooooh. That's a cool way to think of it! I like that 😄

8 hours ago, rainbird2 said:

I was a bit nervous about the side effects of the second shot but thought this as well. It is known you might have some side effects. There is no reason to be worried when those occurr. Like I do with regular illness I did what I felt I could do. I worked out the morning after my second shot but took it easy because I felt a little off. After breakfast I started getting tired and did nothing but lay around after that. I ended up with a fever, fatigue, aches and pains. By the next morning I was feeling better and worked out again.

After my first shot I felt nothing but a barely sore arm so I did everything as normal.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 5

My white blood count is always low and I'm wondering if the vaccine won't be as effective for me.  I didn't have any side effects from my first dose and I go for my second next week.  I'm actually hoping for a reaction so I know my body is doing something.  I'm concerned I don't have enough white blood cells to trigger a good immune response.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Good luck!! You can do it!! Just relax after the shot 🙂 . 

Nope. Have tons of errands. My husband has us going to the plant store so we can plant all of our spring stuff and replace the stuff we lost in the freeze. I have tons of school stuff over the next 2 weeks as well. So cannot stop.  Do not have time to stop. 

5 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Nope. Have tons of errands. My husband has us going to the plant store so we can plant all of our spring stuff and replace the stuff we lost in the freeze. I have tons of school stuff over the next 2 weeks as well. So cannot stop.  Do not have time to stop. 

Eeeek. That seems unwise. Well... hopefully it'll distract you. 

Received J&J shot yesterday midday. Slightly sore arm. No other side effects. I was second to last extended family member to be vaccinated (minus under 16 crowd). Super easy experience. Drive through with thousands (not hyperbole) of others. Plus DS had 2 regular immunizations this week, so I had to not give in to fear and stress since he didn’t. 😉

Thought I might have a sense of relief, but it’s business as usual today, jam-packed with kid activities and things to do. But we have been avid mask wearers and covid-cautious from the start. Ready for kiddos to be vaccinated too, so maybe we can start to put all this behind us. 

• Like 6