Menu

Personal SARS-COV-2 vaccination experiences

Just now, Spryte said:

Yes!  Waves!  Completely unprepared for the waves here, too.  Young to decrepit and back again - and again and again.  What is that about?  Ugh.

Glad you made it home.  

I’ve given up here, and gone to bed.

I'm going to just take a few days off around the vaccine 😛 . The kids can have a vacation... 

• Like 5
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the vaccine! Was just like any other going in lol. Too soon to know about side effects, of course, but I’l keep you posted.

I never expected I'd be getting my vaccine so early -- but I got my first Moderna shot today.   I was at the doctor's with my son for an appointment and it was near the end of the day and th

Got my Blue Envelope!  The appointment is this coming Sunday.  Woohoo!

20 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I'm going to just take a few days off around the vaccine 😛 . The kids can have a vacation... 

You are wise.  Try not to get three miles from a bathroom at the 48 hour mark. 🤣 I'm off to give that v-safe check-in a piece of my mind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

You are wise.  Try not to get three miles from a bathroom at the 48 hour mark. 🤣 I'm off to give that v-safe check-in a piece of my mind!

Oh, don't worry, I won't 😛 . I already have a family member who had stomach issues after the 2nd shot... and it was like 72 hours later, too. So I know this vaccine is weird. 

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

Oh, don't worry, I won't 😛 . I already have a family member who had stomach issues after the 2nd shot... and it was like 72 hours later, too. So I know this vaccine is weird. 

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

The stomach upset thing is real people. My friend says she would have had an accident if she did not leap out of bed.

• Sad 2
Just now, Dreamergal said:

The stomach upset thing is real people. My friend says she would have had an accident if she did not leap out of bed.

Eeek. I'm really hoping it's not QUITE that bad here... 

8 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

I am cold, I am cold, I am cold. Whine, whine, whine....😊

Got vaccinated yesterday, Pfizer. One of those max vaccinations where they do it in the car. It was a marvel to behold.

I don't think I have felt colder in my life. Drinking copious amounts of tea. A kind friend dropped off soup and bread for lunch. Another will drop off dinner. We have an agreement among friends that we will do that for vaccination days since pretty much all of us got vaccinated as a couple. We are the last ones.

I am feeling pampered though, under a heated blanket, warm food not prepared by me in a while. A bit of fatigue so I am going to park myself in bed today and watch movies. DH the brave, got up and is at work. He is planning to take the afternoon off. 

Nap, warm blanket, soup, movies....sounds like a good way to spend the day while my body does what it is supposed to do.

If this is what the vaccine does, no way do I ever  want to risk COVID. I should maybe look at the Hannibal Lecter mask by Will.i.am. Have my own personal ecosystem with me always. 

Dh and I are on opposite sides of an age cutoff, so he got to go before me.  I have my first appointment Saturday (Pfizer).  Yay!  Crossing my fingers that all goes well!  Dh barely had a sore arm (also Pfizer) - my kids have actually all had at least their first vaccinations (yes, they have more co-morbidities than I) and two had more of a reaction than Dh (one Pfizer, two Moderna)...  my parents have had Moderna x2, and I think the biggest reaction was my dad's second.  My one kid who's fully vaccinated had their biggest reaction after Pfizer #1.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

I had to wait for TWO lights and endure a 25 mph speed limit on my harrowing 3-mile journey. I'm not the type to discuss GI distress in casual conversation, but I REALLY wish I'd been warned about this possibility.  I would have just used the port-a-potties that were on site. I did not know how the desperation would escalate.  I thought that I was past all this this morning when I woke up feeling fine.  

• Sad 3

I got side tracked by @KungFuPanda and her vaccine woes. But she is an overachiever like DH not a lazy princess like me. I stayed in bed all day long. DH of course had to work out today because he thought he may not so why not do it when he could. 🙄. Net result fatigue. He crashed around 1:30 pm and slept. The children napped with him, I being an overachiever in the sleep department, have slept/napped for over 12 hours in the last 36. So I drifted on and off, posting here between those times. I finally slept and was woken up by the loud peal of the doorbell. It was a friend who was dropping off dinner.

I put my hand on my forehead, cool to the touch. Reached out and touched DH, he was hot to the touch.  Woke him up rather roughly. Part panic, part anger. He looked pathetic and sleepy, so I swallowed that and called BIL in the UK. It was past midnight for him. Ranted at him about his brother. The poor man listened patiently and when I finally took a breath, told me not to panic and find out the temperature. More panic as two digital thermometers did not have battery, dug out an analog thermometer. Found out I either need to go to the eye doctor or need to re-learn how to use it 🙄. Between DH and me, the magnifier on the iPhone and lots of squinting, we decided it was between 99 and 100. BIL decided he should take a paracetamol. By this time I was feeling a bit bad for ranting at BIL, but the net effect is a lecture to DH that he should take it easy and stay in bed to let his body do it's thing. Poor DH gave in, between BIL and me nagging him.

We ate rice and curry, again delivered by a friend. Infinitely grateful for the wisdom of a friend who is a planner and decided that we the core group of 6 friends should deliver lunch and dinner for 3 days minimum after vaccine shots and more as necessary. Husbands of course objected, thought we were over reacting. Well, they learned really fast how right we were.

DH is ok now. He will be taking tomorrow off. 

PSA: Stay and rest people. Let your body do it's thing.No need to be an overachiever.

• Like 8

My mom got covid arm about a week after her first moderna and no symptoms with second shot.

My dad got no symptoms with first moderns other than the normal slightly sore arm, but the second one made him feel like he had severe flu.  It lasted about 12 hours and then started to improve and he was back to normal by 36 hours.

DH got first moderna 3 days ago and only has the typical sore arm.  He scheduled a vacation day for the day after the second shot because he is expecting it to be unpleasant.

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday morning and was slightly achy last night.  Today I have headache, mild sore throat, and mild all-over achiness.

• Like 4
Just now, kand said:

If it makes you feel better, no one in my extended family has had that. And two of us have had Moderna, and nothing GI whatsoever. I'd guess it's not one of the more frequent effects, as I've heard very few people mention it. Headache seems to be the most frequent one I hear with Moderna (besides sore arm).

My FIL had stomach cramps both times and threw up the first time, so I've seen GI issues in this family. The other two fully vaccinated people just had flu-like symptoms. 

• Sad 1

Spoke too soon. Fatigued and fluey achy. But since that's how I feel 80 % of the time it isn't so bad. I have slept for the past hour. (This is actually less bad than a fibro flare- at least so far). We’ll see how I feel over the next couple of days. 

• Like 5

Dh (53) and dd (20) got the Jannsen at noon today. Dh feels fine. Dd has a sore arm, legs ache, feels cold and tired, and went to bed after just a bite of dinner. 

eta: spoke too soon about dh. He is now also achy and feels cold. He went to bed.

im 48+ hours out from my first Pfizer. I’ve been tired today and indulged in a late afternoon nap. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2

I did have a little GI upset the day after my 2nd Pfizer, but not more than I would expect after eating the comfort foods I'd stocked up on in case I felt poorly. I actually felt fine, but ate the candy, cookies, and chips and dip anyway, lol. So...I'm pretty sure that's why my tummy was upset the next morning! 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Spoke too soon. Fatigued and fluey achy. But since that's how I feel 80 % of the time it isn't so bad. I have slept for the past hour. (This is actually less bad than a fibro flare- at least so far). We’ll see how I feel over the next couple of days. 

That's terrible! It's a miracle you get anything done if you feel like you're dragging that often.

Guys, you do not understand how put out I am about this reaction.  I'm the one in the family that rarely gets sick.  I'm the high energy person who never simply walks up the steps; I bounce.  I got my shot Tuesday afternoon.  I stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home and cut and loaded cattle panels onto my roof rack (two 16-foot cattle panels cut in half are significantly cheaper than four 8-foot cattle panels.) I felt NOTHING until about 8 hours in.  That's when the night of shivering began followed by a day of lounging.  I rested!  I did nothing yesterday!  Today when I woke up feeling just FINE, I figured it was all over.  I was blindsided.  I have a cast iron stomach and a system that almost never gives me any trouble.  I haven't thrown up in years.  Now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by my body.  My stomach, which usually registers no sensation at all . . .just a normal body part I don't think about, feels like it's been through something and needs a rest. It's unsettling.

I don't know where @Dreamergalgot all of her vaccine recovery wisdom.  My friends are a bunch of punks who didn't warn me about squat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I felt the same after my first shot.....I also have fibromyalgia, hashimoto’s, and possibly some additional yet to be diagnosed autoimmune things going on. I’d told dh I wasn’t sure I’d notice any side effects....I have fatigue, feel cruddy, and have muscle and joint pain most days.....hoping the second dose isn’t much worse. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

That's terrible! It's a miracle you get anything done if you feel like you're dragging that often.

Guys, you do not understand how put out I am about this reaction.  I'm the one in the family that rarely gets sick.  I'm the high energy person who never simply walks up the steps; I bounce.  I got my shot Tuesday afternoon.  I stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home and cut and loaded cattle panels onto my roof rack (two 16-foot cattle panels cut in half are significantly cheaper than four 8-foot cattle panels.) I felt NOTHING until about 8 hours in.  That's when the night of shivering began followed by a day of lounging.  I rested!  I did nothing yesterday!  Today when I woke up feeling just FINE, I figured it was all over.  I was blindsided.  I have a cast iron stomach and a system that almost never gives me any trouble.  I haven't thrown up in years.  Now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by my body.  My stomach, which usually registers no sensation at all . . .just a normal body part I don't think about, feels like it's been through something and needs a rest. It's unsettling.

I don't know where @Dreamergalgot all of her vaccine recovery wisdom.  My friends are a bunch of punks who didn't warn me about squat. 

I often don’t know if I have the actual flu at first.  My first clue is often when other family members also get sick. 

I know that you are struggling with this but the experience of people who have long Covid are how I have felt for 30 plus years.  If I had been able to avoid all these years of chronic pain and fatigue in exchange for a couple of days to a week of discomfort I would have made the exchange in an instant  

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Cnew02 said:

1 week after getting the first Moderna vaccine.  I was completely fine until last night when my injection started itching and by this morning I have a 3 inch diameter hard, red, hot lump on my injection site.  I would have expected that last week but I think it’s weird a week later.  It hurts like it did the second day.  

Sorry this is only the daily Mail but you’re not the only one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9225235/Rare-COVID-arm-effect-leaves-people-got-Modernas-shot-itchy-red-splotch.html

I have a feeling I read something about it in the trial data.

sorry I see that someone already linked you an article!  I should have read the whole thread first 

Edited by Ausmumof3

I am not pushing the vaccine on the other people in my family that are eligible, but I am setting an example & also keeping up my running commentary on all things covid / vaccine. 

The two young adults who are eligible determined on their own (after I answered their questions) to get the shot. I scored my under-18 kid a Pfizer spot this afternoon one state over. It looks like that state doesn't mind other state's residents coming in & poaching therir spots. (They had openings all day today, but only one slot tomorrow.) This puts shot #2 at finals week so I didn't reserve an appointment, but I think it'll be ok to delay a couple days until finals are over.

Yay for the actual possibility of them being fully vaccinated for their summer jobs! (I have three younger kids that aren't eligible yet. We'll cross that road when we get to it.)

• Like 10
18 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

Dh got second Moderna yesterday. Woke up with chills and aches around 5:00 am. Managed to get out of bed and shower around 8:30. He worked for a couple hours (works from home) and went back to bed around noon and is still there 3 hours later. So very uncomfortable with chills and body aches overnight. Today he is extremely fatigued. I got my second shot today around noon so I am waiting with a sense of impending doom. Hopefully Dh will bounce back before I go down. 

Quoting myself here. Dh is now approaching 48 hrs post second Moderna. He is better today. He got up on time and got to work. He says he just feels really run down the way you do after you’ve been sick. So he had a pretty serious bout of fatigue/chills/fever/aches. He says he feels better but between y’all and me he looks like crap. Definitely had a rough go of it. Maybe this is what people mean when they say they got the flu from the flu shot. I guarantee there would be no more flu shots here if this was the reaction. 

I’m approaching 24 hours post shot with just some mild arm soreness. Hoping not to have an even more delayed reaction. Surprised it was worse for Dh. I am the one who gets migraines and GI upset triggered by just about any kind of physical stress. I did really rest up and hydrate before and after my shot but who knows?

So recap for my family so far:

Dh- Moderna #1 mild arm soreness

Moderna #2 pretty significant  flu symptoms for 36 hours or so 

Me- Moderna #1 mild soreness

Moderna #2 mild soreness (so far...24 hours post shot)

Ds 18 yo- Phizer #1 - no side effects

Ds 22 yo- Phizer #1- no side effects

But here is something crazy if we are crowd sourcing reactions- Ds 22 yo texted me joking that chapped lips must be a side effect. He said he has never had chapped lips or used chapstick in his life but had to run out on his lunch hour to buy some because his lips were crazy chapped. He said he has never experienced anything like that and it happened the day after his shot. I do know there have been some reports of skin sensitivities so I thought I throw that out there. I am not saying chapped lips are a side effect!

• Like 5

24 hours post-second Pfizer I have a slightly sore arm.  I feel a pinch and tightness when I move it.  No other symptoms thus far.

With the first dose, I started the chills 4-5 hours the injection.  I did not feel ill, I just couldn't get warm.  After huddling under a blanket for several hours, I took a hot bath and went to bed very early.  My arm was very sore, I woke up every time I rolled on it. The next morning I felt as if I was coming down with something, but by noon, I bounced back.  Other than a sore arm, all symptoms were gone.  

Based on my reaction to the first dose, I had prepared for a couple of sick days.  Now I have no excuse to malinger.

Dh says his only reaction to his first does of Moderna was a sore arm.  Since we all suffer when he is sick, I believe him.

• Like 5

Also part of my vaccination experience- 

I went to Walmart like I did for my first shot. I was waiting next to an older man I had also seen my first time. He was so nervous. Nervous about the vaccine, nervous about still getting Covid. You could tell he was just really stressed and conflicted about even getting it. But he was there having gotten it and wearing his mask. Probably in his 70s. 

I have been nervous all along and while I was there my Dh was home in bed miserable from his second shot. The older man engaged me in small talk and I tried to commiserate and encourage him.

Also in the post vaccine waiting area was an older man in his 70s or 80s. He was unmasked and waiting for a prescription. He proceeded to engage us about the vaccine and masks and why he was against both. Ugh. So ugh. You do you, but sitting in the waiting area heckling two nervous people that just got their shot is not nice. Grr. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

DH is off work today under protest. He is up and about because he cannot sit still. But I have warned him very strictly about working out. So did BIL. No temperature. He says he is ok, but he tends to power through illness so both BIL and I said we do not trust him when he said so, he was not amused. 

I had a bit of body ache and was standing under a hot shower last night when I felt fatigue hit me. I was literally sleeping under the shower. I did not know if people could drown under a shower so I got out. 

I can also personally report the GI thing is true. 

Other than that, we are ok. Friends will drop off lunch and dinner again and tomorrow. DH tried stopping that, but was lectured that he needs to rest by my friend. I will stop tomorrow's delivery but my friends will lecture me. 

DH is grumpy today because he cannot do anything he considers productive He needs to do something, I have sent DD to bug him. She will keep him amused. 

I am still in bed, still in PJs, still taking time off. Not fatigued, just lazy. I shall be up tomorrow. 

• Like 5
On 4/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Selkie said:

It’s been about 24 hours since our first Moderna shots. I had a rough night - chills, aches, and a horrible headache. I’ve had migraines my whole life, so am used to head pain, but this one was a doozy. The symptoms thankfully ended a few hours ago, and I am now back to feeling like a tired version of my usual self. Oh, my arm hurts - but I shoveled lots of manure and carried hay bales, etc. yesterday -  so that may have exacerbated it.

My three kids have had slight fatigue and sore arms.

Dh feels 100% normal, not even any arm soreness. He is a little bit concerned about the effectiveness of the shot, since he has had zero reaction to it. (He knows the vaccine is effective, just worried that maybe his immune system isn’t reacting enough to it.)

Quoting myself to update. We got our first Moderna shots on Monday and are all feeling great. Other than flu-like symptoms that lasted about 12 hours (me) and slight tiredness for about 24 hours (my kids), we have all felt 100% fine. I am happy to report that the GI distress others have mentioned has not been an issue for us.

• Like 5

My morning after report:

I had a roughish night (lots of muscle aches and cramping) but since I have this at least once a week, sometimes more, this isn't necessarily shot related.  But could be since I'm pretty sure that I had a low grade fever at bedtime.  I didn't bother to take my temperature because no one is hurt by a low grade fever.  I am having my normal day planned today - including having workers for our kitchen remodel show up in about 15 minutes or so.  If I have to rest at some points during the day then I will.  But otherwise I don't see any need for any special treatment. 

• Like 8

Day 2 after second shot here: I’m really fine now.  Arm is a little sore, body aches are gone.

I am tired and have some other issues that could be related to the shot, but more likely are just part of my current normal.

This is the first day I’ve felt the relief of having both shots done.  Soooo happy to have been able to get our vaccines, almost giddy.  And very aware of privilege in that respect.  Our friends in Germany have not gotten shots and most don’t expect to until at least July.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Day 2 after second shot here: I’m really fine now.  Arm is a little sore, body aches are gone.

I am tired and have some other issues that could be related to the shot, but more likely are just part of my current normal.

This is the first day I’ve felt the relief of having both shots done.  Soooo happy to have been able to get our vaccines, almost giddy.  And very aware of privilege in that respect.  Our friends in Germany have not gotten shots and most don’t expect to until at least July.  

Spryte, I feel that same privilege and happiness (though I still don't have the second one yet). 

• Like 4

I got my 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. I had almost no reaction to the first shot. It was probably the least painful shot I've ever had. The 2nd shot was equally painless when she gave it, but I feel a little sick today and I tossed and turned all night because of arm soreness and general muscle aches. I finally got smart early in the morning and took some ibuprofen and that relieved most of the pain. 

I'm still sore and really dragging today, but it's like when you feel yourself starting to get something and not like really feeling sick. I hope it's gone by tomorrow. DH is older than me and has no symptoms other than mild soreness in his arm. 

Before I took ibuprofen, I had pain from my head to my toes on the side of my body that received the shot. 

• Like 5

My husband and I were finally eligible to sign up for the vaccine as of today at noon. We went to the site 30" before the appointments were released and when that moment happened, 45,000 others were also waiting vying for a vaccine at the same site! They had 15,000 slots available and all were gone within an hour. This is only one of the sites around Chicagoland now open to Group 2. Alas, we did not get an appointment. It's okay because it would have been at least 1.5 hours for us to drive to the location during non-rush hour traffic. We'll get vaxed eventually.

This Monday appointments will be available to our group at local drugstores and grocery stores. We will see if we can get something there eventually.

So we wait...

• Like 5

Getting very excited about getting my second round of Moderna on Monday.

Mrs Spy Car, who seems to have a very robust immune system (virtually never gets sick) got pretty knocked down by her second Pfizer shot. Rare for her to have a day in bed. But she quickly bounced back.

I had a laugh while processing the first shot.

They asked, when would you like to schedule your next shot?

As soon as possible!!!

How about March 12 at 8 am?

Uh, let's not get crazy...got something around 10 am...I mean I can have my coffee first, right?

Got 9:50 am. Better make a to-go cup.

They also said be sure not to lose your vaccination card, which in the shuffle of papers I was given promptly got dropped as I exited. Fortunately I did a quick check, discovered my mistake, and found the card just as a helpful staff member was picking it up off the ground. Whew!

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3
16 hours ago, popmom said:

Dh (53) and dd (20) got the Jannsen at noon today. Dh feels fine. Dd has a sore arm, legs ache, feels cold and tired, and went to bed after just a bite of dinner. 

eta: spoke too soon about dh. He is now also achy and feels cold. He went to bed.

im 48+ hours out from my first Pfizer. I’ve been tired today and indulged in a late afternoon nap. 

Quoting myself 

Last night was rough for both dh and dd.

My dd said she’s never had her legs hurt that bad. Headache and shivering, too. She called me at 5am to bring her Tylenol. She looked sick. She’s much better this afternoon. 

Dh also had chills, headache, body aches. Interesting difference is today all of his joints ache. Also, 10 years ago he fell and broke a couple of ribs. He has a hematoma there. He said he kept feeling like somebody had kicked him in the ribs and realized it’s the hematoma.

I’m thinking the hematoma thing may be similar to those who had reactions around dermal fillers. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
6 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Priorities.  Always coffee first.

I want that darn shot more than almost anything in the world, but come on! :tongue:

Bill

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, kand said:

I took a picture of mine and made a copy, just in case. Mine was do it yourself, which doesn’t seem like the way it should happen, but I guess they ran out and didn’t have a new batch ready. They had clearly been hastily cut out and weren’t rectangles, and it didn’t have my name or any info on it. Just the batch sticker and their signature and date.

I'm usually a cool customer, but that was far from the case on vaccination day. I was feeling more than a little overwhelmed. Grateful--to be sure--but I was dealing with an array of emotions that had me somewhat discombobulated.

In addition to constantly telling myself "whatever you do, do not lose this card" I also thought "you'd better take a photo, just in case."

Failed on both fronts. LOL.

However, prompted by your excellent reminder I just took a photo now. Then forgot to put it back in my wallet, which I just rectified.

Just need to hold it together for a few more days.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put my vaccination card in a safe spot as soon as I got home.  Then I got worried that I might forget where I put it, so I made myself an electronic reminder on my calendar to tell me where the safe spot was.

I'm feeling bad today (2 days since 1st pfizer):  clammy, achy, and exhausted.  I feel like a lot of younger people might skip the second shot due to the side effects.

• Like 5

My two oldest kids ended up getting (Pfizer) shots at the same time (almost down to the minute) 800 miles apart.

Dd#2 had the bulls-eye bandaid & needed it. They hit a blood vessel; there was blood but not a ton. Plus, she said it definitely hurt. (I told her mine hadn't.)

Dd#1 scheduled her second shot & later realized it is during one of her finals. Oops.

I'll report back on Monday about side-effects.

• Like 5

I'm really dreading the shot tomorrow. My SIL has been running a 102 fever and feels horrible. I am so rarely sick, as in once every 4 or 5 years.  I really do not want to feel bad.

• Sad 3

Got my first shot of Moderna Thursday April 1. No arm pain that day, woke up Friday April 2 with pain at injection site but no other symptoms. Saturday April 3, arm pain was gone.

Interestingly, woke up today Friday April 9 with arm pain at injection site. Bad enough to wake me up at 4:30am. Much worse than on 4/2. My kids can look at my arm and see a slight redness and feel a bump there (so it's not just me) and the area feels hot. I can lift my arm but it definitely doesn't want to move. Still no other symptoms. 

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm really dreading the shot tomorrow. My SIL has been running a 102 fever and feels horrible. I am so rarely sick, as in once every 4 or 5 years.  I really do not want to feel bad.

Can you just make sure there's space for you to feel bad if you do? Like, can you make a plan to just stay in bed or not? 

• Like 2

Day 2 Afternoon/Evening update:

The coming in waves thing is true too. Feel fatigued, a bit of body pain. Hydration with water and Orange juice seems to help. DH crashed with fatigue too. He is napping now. 

On the positive side, the immune system is working really well ! 

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

COVID is far, far worse. It helps me to remember that when I go through symptoms.

The vaccine reminds me of what could happen, for all the people who did not get that chance and had to go through this disease. Who died. All the people around this world in lockdown even now including Europe. We are privileged to get it despite the discomfort.

I am staying in bed, eating, nourishing, comfort food, hydrating, watching movies, reading books, listening to music, posting here. Taking it easy and having my body do it's thing. It is building immunity, not fighting disease which is a blessing.  

We are privileged. We are blessed. We are not fighting the disease but building immunity while the vaccine works through our system. I hope you do not feel bad, but if you do, take it easy. It is not the real thing, just a vaccine.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 days post Moderna, shot #2 for my relative. Fever broke in the night but they woke with their body feeling sore and said their injection site is now swollen, warm, and itchy. They also felt stiff. No rash. They had a phone appointment with their PCP and were directed to phone daily for a check-in, to use hot compresses on the arm, and to take 600mg of ibuprofen.

42 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

COVID is far, far worse. It helps me to remember that when I go through symptoms.

The vaccine reminds me of what could happen, for all the people who did not get that chance and had to go through this disease. Who died. All the people around this world in lockdown even now including Europe. We are privileged to get it despite the discomfort.

I am staying in bed, eating, nourishing, comfort food, hydrating, watching movies, reading books, listening to music, posting here. Taking it easy and having my body do it's thing. It is building immunity, not fighting disease which is a blessing.  

We are privileged. We are blessed. We are not fighting the disease but building immunity while the vaccine works through our system. I hope you do not feel bad, but if you do, take it easy. It is not the real thing, just a vaccine.

I'm just literally so scared...  My heart is racing.  I'm not sure I can do this. 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm just literally so scared...  My heart is racing.  I'm not sure I can do this. 

Would it help your anxiety if you signed up for a one-shot J&J? Is that vaccine available to you in your area? I'm sorry this is causing so much anxiety. 💓

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I'm so sorry.  I have anxiety about the second shot for me and my family.  I hate the uncertainty of what will happen.  

Hang in there - know we are all thinking of you and supporting you!  ❤️

• Like 3

Figured I would update since I'm now a week after my first Pfizer shot.  No reaction at all, at least nothing that could definitely be blamed on the shot.  We've had the weather that makes my joints ache and my joints ached, the pollen that makes me sneeze and I've sneezed, I've eaten things that give me headaches and I've had headaches, I've had some insomnia so I'm tired but I've also eaten things that I kind of know keep me awake.   Basically a typical week for me. 

• Like 10
9 minutes ago, iamonlyone said:

Would it help your anxiety if you signed up for a one-shot J&J? Is that vaccine available to you in your area? I'm sorry this is causing so much anxiety. 💓

8 minutes ago, kand said:

I’m sorry you’re having so much anxiety. That is a very unpleasant feeling. Do you typically have medical anxiety? I can’t recall if this is your first or second shot. Lots of people have little or no reaction—only 1 in 5 gets a fever. If you’re super concerned, you could start Tylenol four hours after your shot, to stave off any potential for fevers or anything. All I had was about 12 hours of headache and extra fatigue.

This will be my second shot of Pfizer. No, I have never had medical anxiety but I am literally panting thinking about it.  But if I show weakness, my husband will say we will just forget about it. He didn't really want it in the first place.  But what if it kills him or me??? 

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, kand said:

I thought of a way to think of it that might help. If one of your kids had a cold and then sneezed directly in your face, this would be similar to that. There’s a decent chance you’ll be just fine, but it also might be that you would catch the cold and that would be unpleasant for a few days if you did. But I expect you wouldn’t have your heart racing while you waited to find out if you would get sick? And in this case, any unpleasant symptoms will almost certainly last much shorter than a cold, and you’ll be left with protection from something that could actually be dangerous to you or your family. Does that help at all??

Sort of, except I very rarely ever caught what my children had, even stomach viruses. I am just rarely sick. And i cannot die from that.  I can die from this. 

Edited by TexasProud
11 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

This will be my second shot of Pfizer. No, I have never had medical anxiety but I am literally panting thinking about it.  But if I show weakness, my husband will say we will just forget about it. He didn't really want it in the first place.  But what if it kills him or me??? 

If it helps you --

DS22 is over two weeks out from his second Pfizer. Other than a very slightly sore arm he had no side effects.

DH had his second Pfizer on Thursday. He has a slightly sore arm and has had just a little GI upset. But the latter is a normal side effect from his cancer medication, so I can't say for sure it was due to the vaccine. On his scale of 1 to 10 it's been maybe a 2. Nothing to get excited about by any stretch.

• Like 5